“Disappointing rooms but good breakfast and nice staff”

Andean Dreams Hotel
Ranked #240 of 339 Cusco B&B and Inns
Turin, Italy
“Disappointing rooms but good breakfast and nice staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel just for one night. I arrived in Cusco after 8 pm and could not find anything better or cheaper, then next day I went elsewhere.
My room was nr. 1, it was cold, and not particularly clean. The other room next to mine was empty, I went to have a look and it seemed to me it was much better than mine. Water in the shower was hot.
Staff, both at the reception and at the restaurant was very nice and helpful

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

The staff was extremely helpful for my tourism in Cusco. I stayed for 4 nights and I had a clean bed, hot shower, free internet, cable tv, and is located about 5 minutes away from the main square. I was very pleased with the buffet breakfast and very much secured. I highly recommend this place for you to stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Room had no windows so I woke up feeling the effects of altitude sickness for the entire next day... Except I've already spent 2 days in cusco and have mostly acclimatized. Beds seem clean and were comfortable enough but I just couldn't breathe... there's no heat, toilet shower dribbled and was abysmal (seemed like they converted the hot water tap into a shower).. plus it didn't drain... The TV was also about 12" wide and placed above head. We booked what seemed like a really great deal and paid $22/night... probably comparable to dorm room prices... I just got fooled into thinking this was a hotel and scored a 50% discount. On the other hand, $22 was actually pretty good for a clean bed and breakfast but anything more would be robbery. Breakfast was pretty decent with fresh juice... Booked for 2 nights and they wouldn't let us check out so we stuck it out since we had to leave at 8am the next day... They also didn't clean the rooms... Just made the beds and folded the towels...

All in all, good deal compared to backpacker options but don't expect this to be of hotel quality

• Stayed July 2013

Travelers are raving about these Cusco hotels

United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 5 nights both before and after our machu Picchu trip. Good location about 5 mins walk to main square. Room was large, clean and comfortable. Hot shower worked well. Very comfortable beds. Breakfast was a good spread which included cooked items and the hotel offered unlimited tea in the communal areas throughout the day free of charge. Internet was quick when it was working, but a bit temperamental. Best thing was the service, the staff were very friendly and helpful. They looked after our bags for us and even made us sandwiches when we checked out before breakfast to start our tour. Price is excellent considering what you get. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013