“Corn in its best flavor”

Tinta Restaurante Cultural y Galeria de Arte
Ranked #109 of 807 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Special occasions
Good for: Special occasions
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This place is a travel treasure. For sure there are other options in the city, but the corn soup here is amazing! It's a place that puts together an art gallery and a restaurant.
I was very pleased to have the chance to enjoy meals in different opportunities. The soup, the trout on a Sauce Bernaise with rosted potatoes...wow!
Be careful when you order some Chincha Morada ( delicious by the way), you have to be really thirsty because the glass is huge.
I should not forget the service - great, and the prices - fair.
Would suggest to get a table in the salon all the way in, so you have a glance at the art pieces.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I've been traveling thru Chile, Bolivia and Perú for the last 6 weeks and this was by far the worst food I've eaten. I had roasted Cuy. It arrived within 2 minutes, it was accompanied by reheated band potato and spaghetti. There was not enough meat on the Cuy to warrant it being on the menu. I would have got more meat from a rat.
I urge you not to waste your tome or money when restaurants serve reheated food to tourists.
For shame Tinta. I hope your our of business son so you can't do this to any more tourists.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I were really impressed by Tinta. We went to a lot of the "top 10" rated restaurants in Cusco, but Tinta was still one of our favorites because of its complete lack of pretentious attitude combined with really delicious food. There were a variety of Peruvian options on the menu, and the waitstaff was very helpful and gave us advice on what to choose based on our likes and dislikes. If I ever come back to Cusco, I will definitely come here.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have eaten at Tinta several times and always enjoyed the experience. The food is good and fairly priced for the tourist district, the staff understand and cater to special dietary requirements, the atmosphere is friendly and cosy and there's free wifi. The best part though is the service, with the wonderful Walter on front-of-house, who will do his best to make you feel welcomed

Buena comida, ambiente agradable y servicio excepcional.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Buscamos un restaurante con comida tipico, pero con la chance de eligir tambien ensaladas. A mi no me gustan unas incredencias en peru y pedí cambiar un poco el plato. No fue un problema- los camereros estuvieron ambos veces que visitamos el restaurante muy amable. La atmósfera con los cuadras tambien como la comida nos gustó mucho! Muy recomendable!

We. Searched for a restaurant with typical food, but with chance to change a little bit, which was sometimes difficult in Peru. But in this restaurant the stuff wias really nice and helpful and the food tasted really good. We liked the atmophere with all those pictures, too. We really can recommand it

2  Thank Michael R