Machu Picchu Viajes Peru
Carlsbad, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

What can you say. Amazing! It was all I expected and not to be missed. Spent 5 hours and not that crowded this time of year.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Nashua, New Hampshire
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Everything I was told it would be....and more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

What can I say about this place that probably hasn't already been said by far better writers than me. It was, as expected, the hi-light of our 12 day vacation in Peru. Our guide, the views and weather were exceptional. My concern about adjusting to the altitude however, did cause me some problems in keeping up with my group. Nevertheless, I kept a pace that I was comfortable with and enjoyed the journey. I passed on climbing Wayna Picchu however, my wife and friends enjoyed and accomplished the challenge. I stayed behind and waited 3.5 hrs for their return chatting with other travelers and guides. The Incas were remarkable people and their unbelievable accomplishment in building Machu Piccu is well worth taking the time to see.

2 Thank bskj
Texas
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Remarkable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is why you go to Peru. It is everything that you have ever heard about, and much more beautiful. A walking stick is helpful at all ruins sites. Fabulous!

Bethesda, Maryland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was my second visit to Cusco and Machu Picchu, most to show around my significant other, otherwise I would not have visited the site again.My view is therefore somewhat less exciting than I remember initially. Since my last visit the Sacred Valley sites and hotels have been better established, the train service greatly improved and the vistadome train service is actually fun. The site itself is unique and the setting unreal. However, the benefit of the site lies with the guide who explains the meaning of the sites and a rudimentary understanding of the Inca and Indian cultures. Last time I spent an overnight at the Machu Picchu hotel, which at the time was excellent. I enjoyed the orchid sanctuary which is well known amongst those who cultivate orchids. I did not visit the hotel this time since we did not stay overnight. I thought two days was too much for the site unless one needs to visit without the other 2500 persons who are allowed on the site every day. We had a voucher for the restaurant at the site (name?), which we found out was very crowded if not a mob scene and cost $43/person for ordinary cafeteria food. However, it is the only one at the summit; otherwise you need to spend $18 to back and up agin from Aqua Calientes.Better to have the hotel back you a lunch.

2 Thank Theodore N
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“After all the build up came a let down”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Yes this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. However, the place is just overrun with people. It is very difficult to have a "spiritual experience" with a few thousand other rude, obnoxious tourists from 20 other countries. We did stay at the hotel next to Machu Picchu so that helped the experience. Would I ever come back? Heck no. Would I recommend that you go? Only if you have checked off everything else on your bucket list first.

Visited October 2012