“Remarkable”

Cusco Quad Bikes Half Day
Ranked #3 of 506 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tours to Machu Picchu, the best tour options to visit Cusco and Machu Picchu with the best local tour operator "Machu Picchu Viajes Peru"
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is why you go to Peru. It is everything that you have ever heard about, and much more beautiful. A walking stick is helpful at all ruins sites. Fabulous!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was my second visit to Cusco and Machu Picchu, most to show around my significant other, otherwise I would not have visited the site again.My view is therefore somewhat less exciting than I remember initially. Since my last visit the Sacred Valley sites and hotels have been better established, the train service greatly improved and the vistadome train service is actually fun. The site itself is unique and the setting unreal. However, the benefit of the site lies with the guide who explains the meaning of the sites and a rudimentary understanding of the Inca and Indian cultures. Last time I spent an overnight at the Machu Picchu hotel, which at the time was excellent. I enjoyed the orchid sanctuary which is well known amongst those who cultivate orchids. I did not visit the hotel this time since we did not stay overnight. I thought two days was too much for the site unless one needs to visit without the other 2500 persons who are allowed on the site every day. We had a voucher for the restaurant at the site (name?), which we found out was very crowded if not a mob scene and cost $43/person for ordinary cafeteria food. However, it is the only one at the summit; otherwise you need to spend $18 to back and up agin from Aqua Calientes.Better to have the hotel back you a lunch.

2  Thank Theodore N
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Yes this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. However, the place is just overrun with people. It is very difficult to have a "spiritual experience" with a few thousand other rude, obnoxious tourists from 20 other countries. We did stay at the hotel next to Machu Picchu so that helped the experience. Would I ever come back? Heck no. Would I recommend that you go? Only if you have checked off everything else on your bucket list first.

2  Thank Soonerpack
Reviewed September 16, 2013

HuuyanaPicchu climb, sun gate, just the majesty of the site. The mountain range surrounding Macchu Picchu is beautiful. Would not spend anymore time in Aquas Caliente then is necessary to take in this marvel. Plenty of train options, sunrise is beautiful time over the ruins.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

This was a once in a lifetime opportunity to see something so magnificent. We got to know a bit about the history of the place. Something magical happened to us after visiting. The beauty and grandiosity of it cannot be compared to anything we have experienced before. Beside the amazing history it carries a beauty that cannot be duplicated. We feel so privileged to have had the chance to enjoy it. We will forever carry it with us.

1  Thank Branislav-Sadbera