“machu picchu”

Full-Day Tour to Machu Picchu The Inca City
Ranked #2 of 858 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tours to Machu Picchu, the best tour options to visit Cusco and Machu Picchu with the best local tour operator "Machu Picchu Travel Peru"
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
hilton head
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“machu picchu”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

an incredible site, which truely enhanced the experience of seeing history at its best. an incredible bucket list trip.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Misty day, and tons of work to get there - but still worth it!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

GETTING THERE: I did not do the Inca Trail, as I didn't book far enough in advance, but that ended up being okay because the group I was traveling with experienced rain and snow every day. I had to take the train and bus to get there. The train to Aguas Calientes is fine and about an hour and a half. The town itself sucks and is really bizarre and touristy (apparently the government doesn't allow foreign businesses to set up there, so the quality standards of restaurants and hotels are really iffy). Then, there are only specific buses that will take you to machu picchu - they come regularly. The trip takes about half and hour. So, make sure to buy your round trip bus and machu picchu tickets in advance.

MACHU PICCHU: We got there for sunrise and hired a local guide. Unfortunately, it was a misty day, so the clouds would cover the mountains. By about 12:00pm the clouds cleared up - thank goodness - so we could get the classic pictures up on the hill. Overall, it was a great experience!

FOOD: There are only two overpriced food places there. One is outdoors, with like sandwiches and wraps. The other option is an indoor $40 US buffet.

WASHROOMS: It costs 1 soles to use the washroom, which is outside of the park.

4 Thank KJ300052
Sao Carlos, SP
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best of Incas”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Preserved, amazing, the best of Peru. All see and read is true.
Only check way before for trains, for us it was the most difficult task because they were fully booked for days.
tip: inka rail does not sell one way ticket in the internet, just in their office in Ollantaytambo.
We only got from Urubamba to Machu Picchu by peru rail and the way back in a Inka rail train.
Tickets for the park you can buy in Aguas Calientes (in the same day) or previously in the internet.

1 Thank Cacolo
Sao Paulo, SP
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“IN MY TOP 5 IN THE WORLD!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Let me tell you something my dear Tripadvisor friends. I've been to almost 40 countries in my numerous trips. I've seen unbelievable things in places like Petra, Jerusalem, Rome, Paris, Japan, Canada, Patagonia, New Zealand etc... MachuPicchu is simply the best! IT IS A MUST! I was expecting a lot but at the end it was much more than what I expected.
DON'T THINK, JUST GO!
2 tips:
1. Do as we did, go in the morning and stick around till 5pm. It's worth spending the day and wondering around with no rush. Watching the sun light the ancient city in different angles.
2. Don't climb Waynapicchu or Machupicchu mountain. Everyone that did that said it's too much of a hustle just for a view. Instead, just walk the track up to Puerta del Sol. In half an hour you will have a view of Machupicchu from above without all the effort and the time you would spend climbing up the mountain.

9 Thank celsocg87
Tampa, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“speachless”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

As we arrive to the top of the mountain and I took my first step on to the ruins of Machu Picchu I was speechless. I couldn't believe what my eyes was seeing . The place is magical and beautiful there are no words to describe it. WOW!