“Bucket List, check!!!”

2-Day Tour: Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu from Cusco
Ranked #3 of 513 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tours to Machu Picchu, the best tour options to visit Cusco and Machu Picchu with the best local tour operator "Machu Picchu Viajes Peru"
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Well, I finally made it to Machu Picchu and was able to make one big check off my bucket list. My son took me and we absolutely loved it. We went via the Hiram Bingham train out of Cusco and it was one of the best experiences we have ever had. It is one of those places you just have to see. The photos are gorgeous, but they don't look real. lol I am so glad I was able to go before I got too old. I was somewhat short of breath on the steep climbing portions. I had to stop and catch my breath. If you are somewhat active, you will do fine. You do not have to be an avid hiker, just able to climb lots of steps and have good balance. The beauty of this place is really indescribable. It was the highlight of our South American adventure. If you get the chance, you should definitely go for it.

2  Thank 2sunnybeaches
Write a ReviewReviews (1,321)

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Loved engineering & architecture.. Incas were very clever people. Sunrise was magical.

this place is perfect, just need to improve toilets on Inca Trail.

1  Thank Sportyurs
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Beautiful place, we hiked Huayna Picchu and we were so thrilled when we made it to the top of the mountain.
The only thing i would suggest is to have the restroom, at least one place or half way of the mountain.

1  Thank kacap
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Everything around the site is still unspoiled even though it is visited by thousands of people every day. Fresh air, great views and it is unbelievable that this was all built so long ago and built so well.

2  Thank Tony G
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have seen many times before "Our photos don't do this place justice." I know feel that I need to attempt to put into words what pictures can't even really show. This is a magical place and I felt as if I'd walk back in time. We enjoyed the train & bus ride up to Machu. Once we came over the first hill, we were all a little taken back. Spend more than 2-3 hours and do arrive early before the crowds (first train & first bus). Suncreen in July and a great camera are a must. I would also use a great guide: Gate 1 was the best!

1  Thank Teresa B