“Great care from Peru Path” 5 of 5 bubbles

Adventure Peru Path
Ranked #27 of 383 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ADVENTURE PERU PATH is an adventure travel, trekking tour company based out of Cusco, Peru offering the most AUTHENTIC cultural experiences as well as life changing hikes through the beautiful Andes Mountains and Sacred Valley like the INCA TRAIL, or SALKANTAY TREK. All of our packages are completely customizable based on how much time you have in Peru and what you would like to see. ADVENTURE PERU PATH is involved with many projects with local communites and offers the most unique and authentic experiences to travelers looking for a truly submersive encounter with the Peruvian and Andean cultures. We guarentee the highest quality interactions and service with an affordable price. PERU PATH is conscious travel providing transformative experiences that will last a lifetime.
Saigon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great care from Peru Path”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

My daughter and I recently completed the Inca Trail with Peru Path and had a fantastic trip! Fredy was very patient with me as I sent lots of emails through the booking process to which he always replied promptly. Fredy came to our hotel a few nights before the trek to go through the trek and check that we had everything we needed. He even came back to the hotel the night before when I was feeling unwell to explain how I could 'opt out' if I was unable to go on. He even provided an extra sleeping mat for me as my back was misbehaving.

The trek was well organised and the food was incredible considering the facilities. The porters worked really hard and Pablo our guide was very knowledgable and looked after us really well.
\Thank you Fredy and your team for giving us such a great experience!

3 Thank Fran T

Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“100% recommend for Inca Trail, fantastic company!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

From start to finish Peru Path were fantastic. They were in constant email contact in the months leading up to our 4 day Inca Trail hike and always so helpful. They met us at our hotel the night before and explained everything about the hike. The hike itself was fantastic, and our guide Eder was easily the best we saw on the trail. The tents were good, the cooking from the chef on the trail was the best we've consistently eaten in South America. I do not have a bad work to say about them and the whole experience was one of the highlights of my life. Thanks Peru Path!! One small warning though, when they say we'll meet you in Hotel Lovy, they mean you're hotel lobby, ha ha, don't search the internet for the Hotel Lovy in Cusco :)

2 Thank Strunky_Aus
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Peru Path are Pretty Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband and I booked our Inca Trail adventure with Peru Path back in January. From start to finish Freddy was amazing and we had a super experience! He was so helpful, he responded to our emails so quickly and arranged everything so easily. When we arrived in Cusco at the start of May, Freddy met us at our hotel with our tour guide Ed and they went through the tour and everything we would need. They answered all our questions and were incredibly friendly. The four day hike was tough but enjoyable. Ed was a terrific guide and always knew when we needed to take a break! We were looked after so well; the food was fantastic, our tents, sleeping bags and mattresses were clean and comfortable and we were surprised and impressed with the toilet facilities...they were basic but definitely not as basic as I expected!! Ed had so much knowledge and was so enthusiastic that he really made our experience even better. On the last day when we were feeling tired we couldn't believe it when we were met by a driver at the train station and he dropped us back to the door of our hotel! We thought we would be getting a bus! All in all it was a great experience and I cannot recommend Peru Path more to people, they are a fantastic company who are passionate about the Inca Trail and supporting and helping the local communities in the area.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Lunasa83
Perth, Australia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Go with Peru Path!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Myself and 3 of my friends did the 4 day inca trail to Machupicchu through Peru Path and I am so glad we did! From the first contact we had with the company up until finishing the hike back at the hotel we had nothing short of a great experience with them. The night before our hike Fredy met us at our hotel (even though it was out of the way) and have us all the information we needed for the hike the following day. He spent about an hour with us and explained everything from what we would need to take, what we could expect each day to the in and outs of the company and what they are trying to achieve. You are told what your money I going towards and who it will be helping. We then spent 3N/4D on the trail with Ed, who is by far the best guide out there, this was clear when walking the trail looking at other groups. All of the porters seemed happy to be there even though they had a pretty hard slug carrying the gear up the hills, nothing seemed to be a hassle to them, we never felt like we were putting them out. The food - was amazing!! Massive compliments to the chef for our trip as every meal was absolutely delicious. We were woken up every morning with Coca tea at our tents, followed by a hot breakfast, hot lunch, happy hour (popcorn, biscuits etc) then always an amazing dinner, I never knew camp food this good was possible. And to be feeding 8 people every meal was not easy for him. We all made it to the ruins and saw some amazing sites along the way with great knowledge from the guide Ed. When we got back to our hotel at 6:30pm Fredy met up with us again to see how it all went. Customer service 100%. Could not recommend a better company!

2 Thank Kira T
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Trip of a Lifetime in Peru”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Where to begin...
I knew I was going to Peru, and I knew I wanted to hike to Mach Picchu.
With whom, and for how much, and how many days, and what to bring. These were all the questions that weighed on my mind prior to booking with Fredy at Peru Path.

I reached out to everyone i know asking if someone could please refer me to a reputable tour guide/agency that could get me and my wife to Machu Picchu in one piece.

Finally a friend of a friend reached out to me. He told me that he and his wife had the most incredible trip to Machu Picchu and that the tour guide that took them was the best of the best. Well that got my interest - so i did some research. Always one to scour the internet for reviews before I part with my hard earned dollars - the reviews on Peru Path were impeccable.

The friend of a friend that referred me to Fredy reassured me that Fredy would need an upfront deposit to book our entrance to Machu Picchu and our train tickets back - and not to be put off by sending Fredy the deposit by western union in advance of our arival. I was still a little apprehensive but I sent it - and it’s a good thing i did.

Fredy met my wife and I at our hotel in Cusco the night before we left on our hike. We went through a list of what to bring and what not to. Fredy assured us that the hike would be both challenging and beautiful and after meeting him we knew we made the right choice.

We embarked on a two day, one night hike in the Andes Mountains with Fredy as our guide, two porters to carry the gear and a chef to cook our meals.

The first day was rough. It wasn’t that I was tired so much as I couldn’t catch my breath. But Fredy never rushed us - he would wait with us until I caught my breath and we would resume. Throughout the hike we met indigenous people that only spoke quechwa and they were really warm and always waved and gave a smile. By the time we got to our next meal spot the camp was already set up and the food was already prepared and ready to be served. Fredy and Peru Path really have this down to a science. And though we would leave the camp with an hour head start on the porters they always seemed to be jogging and would always pass us and be at the next camp spot at least an hour before we got there - absolutely incredible.

All the gear was top notch - water proof tents, air mattress, pillows, walking sticks...you name it they had it.

Fredy arranged our hotel reservations in Aquas Calientas. Booked our bus tickets and entrance fee to machu Picchu and Wayna Picchu.

After walikng some 25km in a day and a half I was unsure if climbing wayna picchu was still a good idea. Fredy encouarged me in saying "this is a once in a lifetime trip, you should at least try". And that’s what you don’t read in the Peru Path brochure - this guy actually cares about his clients and he will go way above and beyond to make sure they are having an incredible experience.

Be sure to tip the porters at the end of the trip - they work very hard.

Once back in Cusco my wife and I insisted on taking Fredy and his wife and two year old son out for lunch. I now consider Fredy a dear friend and now I know firsthand why he was so highly recommended.

2 Thank Robert W