Open today: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Cusi 4 Day Macchu Pichu package

My husband had a wonderful experience with this company. We were met by someone at every stop. On... read more

Reviewed February 7, 2019
Danielahgg
Had an awesome tour today: Moray, Maras and community visit

Loved our tour today. We booked the tour yesterday through our hotel cusco b&b and it was... read more

Reviewed January 23, 2019
real_abroad
via mobile

All reviews community visit local community day hike inca trail student guide meeting locals driver jose customized experience sacred valley spoke quechua machu picchu real chef planning phase the peru rail train answered all of our questions frequent breaks his team
Reviewed October 19, 2014

We booked Cusi Travel for their private half-day City tour of Cusco. The tour was excellent and it fulfilled our expectations. Jose, our guide and the owner of the business, is a very well travelled young man who speaks excellent English and engages you with his knowledge of the Quechuan people and Inca history. With over 10 years as a tour guide and now operating his own tour company for the past two years he maintains an enthusiasm for explaining in detail his culture and its vast and intricate history. He is rapidly developing his business into a culturally encompassing company that enables tourists to experience the local culture and at the same time for the Quechuan people to share in the benefits of tourism. To this end he allocates a portion of his business profits to provide schooling for some of the country based Quechuan children . As two senior travellers (60+) it was a delight to spend the time with such a knowledgeable and engaging person. We would highly recommend Cusi Travels to travellers that want that individual touch.

Date of experience: October 2014
2  Thank Greyman44
Reviewed August 27, 2014

I went on the Mantanay Hike with Cusi Travel after searching everywhere for a hike at the last minute. My time frame was very specific and I was traveling alone, so finding a hike was not easy. I had checked with Cusi months earlier and they didn't have anything available so I had kept searching and got no where. At the last minute, another couple signed up for a hike and Cusi travel remembered to reach back out to me to see if I was interested. I was delighted that they followed up. The hike itself, was more of "glamping", than camping. We ate amazing food everyday, and our guide Jose was so knowledgeable about the Quechan culture as well as the land. One of the most noteable aspects of the hike was the ability to see how local adults and children live and work in these remote areas. A few people even invited us into their homes and offered us food. Their hospitality was astounding, and allowed me to understand the culture and some of the difficulties that these communities faced to a level I would have not otherwise been exposed to. Overall, I must say that the level of customer service at Cusi was amazing, and mad me feel very at home. I highly recommend the company for any hike, and specifically, the Mantanay Hike.

Date of experience: July 2014
4  Thank kvila
Reviewed August 9, 2014

My trip to Peru was amazing thanks to Cusi Travel. I had never been to Peru before this and I don’t speak much Spanish, so I was really worried about getting around the country. But my guide Jose was wonderful. He spoke wonderful English, was very knowledgeable, and was eager to show me around Peru. I got to see Machu Picchu, the Sacred Valley, visit a small community in the countryside, the Moray Inca terraces, the salt mines, Pisac, an Animal Refuge Center, and many Inca ruins. During the trip I got altitude sickness and was really struggling, but Jose was very caring and helpful to make sure I was eating and drinking enough. He made sure I had the very best trip even when feeling ill. I learned so much about Peru and its culture and history from Jose. I definitely recommend using Cusi Travel for your Peru trip.

Date of experience: April 2014
3  Thank Ashley J
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I went with a friend to Cusco. I booked different services with Cusi. It is amazing how these people are reliable trust worthy. They coordinated transportation for us, they got us tickets to Machu Picchu and we also booked tours with them. I got sick at the end of our trip and wasn't able to go to the final tour, but I loved this guys and their service. They also give back to the community, this makes them an even better company. I highly recommend them. They are fluent in English and are very professional.

Date of experience: June 2014
2  Thank mcfuste
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Jose was an amazing guide! The level of personal attention to detail was very much appreciated. He is such a nice, friendly person, and caters the trip to be what you are looking for in a trip. We were going to do the half-day hike, but unfortunately i was quite ill the night before. So we took the train all the way up to the Macchu Picchu town and I rested that first day. Jose helped us find medicine i needed, and got everything sorted. At the tour the next day, his stories were engaging, and his love and pride for the site and his country were very apparent. He speaks lovely English and really was like a good friend by the end of the trip. I highly recommend using Cusi Travel if you are looking for outings from Cusco.

Date of experience: April 2014