Open today: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Cusi 4 Day Macchu Pichu package

My husband had a wonderful experience with this company. We were met by someone at every stop. On... read more

Reviewed February 7, 2019
Danielahgg
Had an awesome tour today: Moray, Maras and community visit

Loved our tour today. We booked the tour yesterday through our hotel cusco b&b and it was... read more

Reviewed January 23, 2019
real_abroad
via mobile

All reviews community visit local community day hike inca trail student guide meeting locals driver jose customized experience sacred valley spoke quechua machu picchu real chef planning phase the peru rail train answered all of our questions frequent breaks his team
Reviewed August 9, 2014

My trip to Peru was amazing thanks to Cusi Travel. I had never been to Peru before this and I don’t speak much Spanish, so I was really worried about getting around the country. But my guide Jose was wonderful. He spoke wonderful English, was very knowledgeable, and was eager to show me around Peru. I got to see Machu Picchu, the Sacred Valley, visit a small community in the countryside, the Moray Inca terraces, the salt mines, Pisac, an Animal Refuge Center, and many Inca ruins. During the trip I got altitude sickness and was really struggling, but Jose was very caring and helpful to make sure I was eating and drinking enough. He made sure I had the very best trip even when feeling ill. I learned so much about Peru and its culture and history from Jose. I definitely recommend using Cusi Travel for your Peru trip.

Date of experience: April 2014
3  Thank Ashley J
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I went with a friend to Cusco. I booked different services with Cusi. It is amazing how these people are reliable trust worthy. They coordinated transportation for us, they got us tickets to Machu Picchu and we also booked tours with them. I got sick at the end of our trip and wasn't able to go to the final tour, but I loved this guys and their service. They also give back to the community, this makes them an even better company. I highly recommend them. They are fluent in English and are very professional.

2  Thank mcfuste
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Jose was an amazing guide! The level of personal attention to detail was very much appreciated. He is such a nice, friendly person, and caters the trip to be what you are looking for in a trip. We were going to do the half-day hike, but unfortunately i was quite ill the night before. So we took the train all the way up to the Macchu Picchu town and I rested that first day. Jose helped us find medicine i needed, and got everything sorted. At the tour the next day, his stories were engaging, and his love and pride for the site and his country were very apparent. He speaks lovely English and really was like a good friend by the end of the trip. I highly recommend using Cusi Travel if you are looking for outings from Cusco.

Date of experience: April 2014
2  Thank trainwreck73
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We were the first tourists who did the Mantanay Hike!

The day before our hike, we did the optional community visit. Jose really cares about his community! We visited a small alpaca wool factory, interacted with local children, and had dinner prepared by our host family.

Our hike was filled with beautiful memories. The scenery was breathtaking and serene! Imagine passing by turquoise lakes and snow-capped mountains, occasionally meeting local Andean people along the way, and sleeping to the sound of a gentle river. The chef filled our tummies with world-class full course meals.

Jose is incredibly knowledgeable, professional and a countryside hero! He goes the extra mile to explain Quechua culture and Peruvian history. It was our first time hiking and we experienced minor symptoms of altitude sickness, but Jose was always there to make sure that we are enjoying ourselves. He eagerly interacted with the Andean people along the way and explained their lifestyles and traditions to us. He also took plenty of great photos for us!

Definitely choose Cusi Travel!

2  Thank Wit P
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Jose and his company Cusi Travel were definitely impressing and set the bar very high for us. We did the Lares Hike and it was definitely a trek, especially for us Floridians at sea level, however, it was an AMAZING hike and very informative. Jose and his crew were extremely professional, patient and very knowledgeable. I would highly recommend Cusi Travel to anyone! He offers all kinds of levels of hikes and part of his proceeds go back to the community :o)
The LARES hike was a breathtaking adventure, full of amazing views and full of culture. We wouldn't of had that experience without Cusi Travel.

2  Thank C_almanzar7