Open today: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Cusi 4 Day Macchu Pichu package

My husband had a wonderful experience with this company. We were met by someone at every stop. On... read more

Reviewed February 7, 2019
Danielahgg
Had an awesome tour today: Moray, Maras and community visit

Loved our tour today. We booked the tour yesterday through our hotel cusco b&b and it was... read more

Reviewed January 23, 2019
real_abroad
via mobile

All reviews community visit local community day hike inca trail student guide meeting locals driver jose customized experience sacred valley spoke quechua machu picchu real chef planning phase the peru rail train answered all of our questions frequent breaks his team
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I hiked the Inca Trail with Cusi Travel in August 2013 with a group of close to 30, the largest they had ever accommodated. They handled our trip flawlessly...you would not have even known we were there largest group. Jose and his team were extremely professional and knowledgable. They also were great about us giving more of an insider's perspective into the local culture and some of the challenges facing Peru. On the Inca Trail, Jose's team kept us fed with gourmet meals, had tents setup each night when we arrived, and kept us entertained with fun games, team activities, and educational information along the way.

Jose is also exceptionally passionate about effecting change and creating employment opportunities for his fellow Peruvians. He cares deeply about the country and focuses Cusi travel around the mission of giving back to the local communities. Truly an inspirational leader and entrepreneur who makes you feel like your trip had more impact than the run-of-the-mill vacation. I give Cusi travel my highest recommendation...I'd travel with them again in an instant!

5  Thank Dan S
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Perfectly organized, excellent food, unforgettable experience as cusi makes you discover the world of the inca during "history lessons".

Date of experience: December 2013
3  Thank Patchamama2013
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Cusi Travel was just perfect in our Inca Trail trip.

Team
José, Puma and Javier guided us always making sure we were safe, we were happy, and we were learning a lot of Inca culture.
The way they treated not only us (clients), but also the team who were supporting this trip was amazing! Everybody working on this seemed really happy and motivated to create the best experience for us.

The food was great! A real chef accompanied us during the whole trip and prepared the best food I ever had in a trail. He was also very careful with people's restrictions and balanced the energy we need to endure the trail.

Challenge
For me, the Inca Trail was a great challenge, as I had never hiked long trails before; however, José, Puma and Javier were so confident that we could make it, that I became more confident myself and enjoyed the whole trip, even during the challenging uphills.

Only points:
- guides know the culture not only because they come from local communities, but they have also had formal education on the subject
- guides speak very good English
- perfect execution: everything was always prepared on time (tents, food, etc.)
- only first-class equipment

4  Thank Joice_To
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Crazy you might think, but my (now) husband and I decided to do the Inka trail for our honeymoon. Leading up to it, I was a nervous… but the experience was UNFORGETTABLE! Unforgettable for a number of reasons. Firstly, walking the Inka trail is just an experience of a life time – the views are amazing and the perseverance you experience puts things in to perspective. Secondly, Cusi Travel ensured that our experience was pushed to the next level – with the right gear, friendly people, small group format, proper insight in to the Inka/Quechan culture and, of course, amazing food! Well, how can you go wrong. Lastly, one of the major bonuses with Cusi Travel is the optional community visit. I found it be a very unique and insightful experience!

Date of experience: October 2013
2  Thank Nadira G
Reviewed November 9, 2013

There is no way that I can adequately put into words how absolutely fantastic Cusi Travel is, but I’ll give it a shot.

First of all, Jose and his crew are all native Quechuas and have an unmatched knowledge of the history of Cusco and the Incas. They are incredibly fun, adventurous, funny, and professional. They have an encyclopedic knowledge of Incan and Peruvian history. They went well beyond their duties and made a concerted effort to connect with each traveler individually. I had fantastic conversations with the guides on topics ranging from Inca stone-carving technique to contemporary Peruvian politics.

Cusi took us into the Cusco highlands for a village stay, where we visited a local school and were invited into a community leader’s home for tea and snacks. We shared stories with schoolchildren and heard them sing local songs. We were immersed in the Quechua culture and learned first-hand about education, family, community, and food. We even danced to local music under the light of the moon in a backyard filled with cows, dogs, chickens, children, and community leaders! It was an incredible and authentic experience which I will never forget.

On the trail, everything was planned and organized to perfection, and the support and service went far beyond our expectations. The food was so good that we momentarily forgot we were backpacking! We had three-course meals for dinner and lunch everyday along with snacks, drinks, and tea.

Cusi Travel is also committed to the local community and donates a share of their profits toward community programs to improve education and well-being in rural areas. They want to give back to the Quechua community and share the beauty of local culture with tourists. Our experience with Cusi Travel was so much more than a hike to Machu Picchu.

Cusi Travel brought something special and unexpected to our Inca Trail experience. The little details, the fabulous food, the personal attention, the local connections, the joke circles, the immersion in local culture… the list goes on… made our experience absolutely unforgettable. I would recommend Cusi Travel to any of my friends as the best Inca Trail experience available.

5  Thank Brian S