Open today: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Cusi 4 Day Macchu Pichu package

My husband had a wonderful experience with this company. We were met by someone at every stop. On... read more

Reviewed February 7, 2019
Danielahgg
Had an awesome tour today: Moray, Maras and community visit

Loved our tour today. We booked the tour yesterday through our hotel cusco b&b and it was... read more

Reviewed January 23, 2019
real_abroad
via mobile

All reviews community visit local community day hike inca trail student guide meeting locals driver jose customized experience sacred valley spoke quechua machu picchu real chef planning phase the peru rail train answered all of our questions frequent breaks his team
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was part of a group of 26 graduate students hiking the trail for the first time. Jose and his team was nothing less than flawless. In addition to showering us with jokes, history lessons, and amazingly yummy food, they also took care of us when some of us had difficulties making the climb and/or even experience altitude sickness. My entire group was extremely impressed by the coordination and execution that Cusi Travel exhibited. This is an experience that we will all remember for many years to come.

2  Thank Rrebyu
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I hiked the trail with Cusi Travel and 26 fellow grad students in August 2013. I also had the good fortunate of being one of the organizers of the trip for the group, which meant that I was involved in the task of selecting a tour company and then coordinating with them. From the get-go, Cusi was extremely professional, prompt in their replies, and generally a pleasure to work with. But most of all I love the ethos of this company. Unlike many tour companies that are based outside of Peru, Cusi is focused on close integration with the local community and on promoting cross-cultural exchanges. We were able to experience life in a remote village before our hike, interact with local schoolchildren, and develop a deeper understanding of the Quechua culture. Along these lines, Cusi shows a deep appreciation and respect for the Quechuas (porters) who join you on the trail. I don’t think this is true of all companies!

2  Thank castisquid
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I'm sure many of you reading these reviews are trying to choose between different Inca Trail trek companies and guides and are overwhelmed by the number of choices out there. Let me just help you out now: choose Cusi. I could not believe the quality of service and food we were getting on the trail. It seriously felt like a 5-star experience. Cusi Travel places a great emphasis on connecting their customers with the local culture, and I felt like that's exactly what I wanted out of my experience on the trail. They taught us a few Quechuan words so that we could speak to our Quechuas (the porters) as they passed us (at breakneck speed with 25 kilos of weight on their back!) and thank them for all the hard work they did for us. Jose and all the tour guides were some of the most caring and funny people I've met, making sure that we all had the right motivation to make it to the top, or just the end of the day. The quality of the equipment was top-class (high-end NorthFace tents, very comfortable sleeping mats and much more). I could not believe how much energy all of these guys have, and they love being able to tell other people about their country. These guys were seriously our friends by even just the end of the first day, and so it really didn't feel like a client/tour guide relationship. We were 27 people so were probably a lot to handle, and Cusi had never handled such a big group before, but they consistently always had the right amount of food and the logistics were flawless! I seriously believe with so much competition out there, Jose has had the pick of the litter with all of his staff (including the amazing chefs) so I cannot recommend Cusi more highly.

3  Thank tanwynner
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Jose is a terrific guide - very knowledgeable, attentive, authentic, speaks very good english (and Quechua), just a really nice guy. Could not have asked for a better experience.

Date of experience: July 2013
3  Thank misterjay26
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was my first hiking and camping experience, and all my friends told me I was crazy. Doing the Inca Trail, they said, is as hardcore as it gets in terms of outdoor adventure.

Well, they weren't exactly lying, but I am very thankful to Jose and his team for the fantastic experience. The four days were physically demanding, but they made it worthwhile. The infrastructure, the food, the safety and the team's dedication were especially impressive.

Also, I was happy to see how concerned Jose and the other guides were in making sure that our group understood the richness and values of the Quechua culture.

Would certainly do it again, no questions asked.

(I am very suspicious when I look at an attraction on Trip Advisor that has nothing but great reviews, but Cusi is the real thing. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions).

5  Thank thelukebox