Open today: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Cusi 4 Day Macchu Pichu package

My husband had a wonderful experience with this company. We were met by someone at every stop. On... read more

Reviewed February 7, 2019
Danielahgg
Had an awesome tour today: Moray, Maras and community visit

Loved our tour today. We booked the tour yesterday through our hotel cusco b&b and it was... read more

Reviewed January 23, 2019
real_abroad
via mobile

All reviews community visit local community day hike inca trail student guide meeting locals driver jose customized experience sacred valley spoke quechua machu picchu real chef planning phase the peru rail train answered all of our questions frequent breaks his team
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I'm sure many of you reading these reviews are trying to choose between different Inca Trail trek companies and guides and are overwhelmed by the number of choices out there. Let me just help you out now: choose Cusi. I could not believe the quality of service and food we were getting on the trail. It seriously felt like a 5-star experience. Cusi Travel places a great emphasis on connecting their customers with the local culture, and I felt like that's exactly what I wanted out of my experience on the trail. They taught us a few Quechuan words so that we could speak to our Quechuas (the porters) as they passed us (at breakneck speed with 25 kilos of weight on their back!) and thank them for all the hard work they did for us. Jose and all the tour guides were some of the most caring and funny people I've met, making sure that we all had the right motivation to make it to the top, or just the end of the day. The quality of the equipment was top-class (high-end NorthFace tents, very comfortable sleeping mats and much more). I could not believe how much energy all of these guys have, and they love being able to tell other people about their country. These guys were seriously our friends by even just the end of the first day, and so it really didn't feel like a client/tour guide relationship. We were 27 people so were probably a lot to handle, and Cusi had never handled such a big group before, but they consistently always had the right amount of food and the logistics were flawless! I seriously believe with so much competition out there, Jose has had the pick of the litter with all of his staff (including the amazing chefs) so I cannot recommend Cusi more highly.

3  Thank tanwynner
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Jose is a terrific guide - very knowledgeable, attentive, authentic, speaks very good english (and Quechua), just a really nice guy. Could not have asked for a better experience.

Date of experience: July 2013
3  Thank misterjay26
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was my first hiking and camping experience, and all my friends told me I was crazy. Doing the Inca Trail, they said, is as hardcore as it gets in terms of outdoor adventure.

Well, they weren't exactly lying, but I am very thankful to Jose and his team for the fantastic experience. The four days were physically demanding, but they made it worthwhile. The infrastructure, the food, the safety and the team's dedication were especially impressive.

Also, I was happy to see how concerned Jose and the other guides were in making sure that our group understood the richness and values of the Quechua culture.

Would certainly do it again, no questions asked.

(I am very suspicious when I look at an attraction on Trip Advisor that has nothing but great reviews, but Cusi is the real thing. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions).

5  Thank thelukebox
Reviewed October 8, 2013

These guys are awesome. They showed me and my friends around Cusco and then we did the Inca trail. They know a lot about all the sites: just keep asking them questions and see if you can find something they don’t know about.

They also carry around oxygen and were really helpful with a friend of mine who got a bit sick from the altitude. Every evening they would make sure to get us a cool camping spot- often a little ways from the other groups where possible. The food they prepared for us was delicious!

Marching into machu pichu after days on the trail to the tune of flute music played by our guide was unforgettable.

Pro tip: make sure to ask them for their funniest stories about life on the trail- we had some real fun in the evenings hearing about their experiences.

3  Thank Alex W
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Cusi Travel hosted us as part of a group of 27 hikers for a 5-day, 4-night night to Machu Picchu in August 2013. Their service was incredible, and their connection to the local community unmatched. Jose (the owner and head guide) arranged for us to spend a day with a local school and have tea with a Peruvian family in the village - it was such a special experience, and it was obvious that Jose is deeply invested in the community. Once we started the Inca Trail, Jose and his team were excellent. Their gear and equipment were top-notch, the guides' information was excellent, and they supported my group with patience and encouragement through the unavoidable moments of altitude adjustment and belly aches. Everyone on the trip made it to Machu Picchu and had a great time. One of the most impressive things about Cusi's operation was the food. We ate a hot three-course meals every night while traipsing through mountains, and it was delicious. They even made a layered birthday cake for one hiker. I have no idea how they pulled off the cake while camping at altitude, but it was great. I definitely recommend Cusi.

3  Thank Damport