Open today: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Cusi 4 Day Macchu Pichu package

My husband had a wonderful experience with this company. We were met by someone at every stop. On... read more

Reviewed February 7, 2019
Danielahgg
Had an awesome tour today: Moray, Maras and community visit

Loved our tour today. We booked the tour yesterday through our hotel cusco b&b and it was... read more

Reviewed January 23, 2019
real_abroad
via mobile

All reviews community visit local community day hike inca trail student guide meeting locals driver jose customized experience sacred valley spoke quechua machu picchu real chef planning phase the peru rail train answered all of our questions frequent breaks his team
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We booked our Inca Trail with Cusi Travel for June 2013 and were blown away by the service we received!

AMAZING SERVICE. Every small detail had been thought of. The equipment was excellent, the food (cooked in a tent) was some of the best we had during our whole 1.5 months in Peru! They catered for one gluten-free person and one vegetarian in our group. It was my birthday on the 4th day of the trail and on the 3rd night I was given a birthday cake and a mini cake on the 4th morning to take into Machu Picchu for photos!

HAPPY, WELL LOOKED AFTER PORTERS. The porters were lovely, always laughing and smiling and had excellent clothing and backpacks. They are very well looked after by Cusi.

SMALL GROUPS: Unlike other tours Cusi only takes maximum of 8 people, and in our group we only had 4 so it was so personal. We walked at our own pace and stopped when we wanted to.

KNOWLEDGEABLE GUIDE. Jose Cusi's knowledge was extremely impressive. At every Incan site along the trail we were given detailed history lessons and he really brought the place to life. He was considering writing a book about the Incan Culture - you cant get a better guide than that! And his English was near-on perfect.

COMPANY WITH A HEART. As a bonus, before our Inca trail Jose Cusi asked if we wanted to do a community visit and spend one more night camping in the village where the porters come from (for no extra cost). We met their children, helped in the fields and ate dinner with the head porter's family. Cusi is using his business to give back to the community by helping the children in the village with a small cinema that shows documentaries (national geographic, animal planet etc) and further plans for a school. Your money is going to a good place here.

PERFECT! The whole experience was beyond our belief. Perfect in every way and we will never forget it. Thank you Jose and the rest of the team for making it so wonderful.

Go with Cusi, you will not regret it!

2  Thank Fen-and-Borge
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We were floundering, trying to set up our Machu Picchu and Huyana Picchu passes, and Cusi Travel came to rescue, arranging everything for us for a modest fee, including passes, all the train tickets, buses etc. Very difficult to do online on the government site. They were very responsive, by email, and they also recommended and arranged hotels. We did one day of tour with their guide to Sacred Valley, and loved it. Would definitely choose them for a real Trek, which we hope to do some day, as we know it would be top notch. See their website, which expresses beautifully their mission and goals.

3  Thank Susel F
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Two of my friends and I did the Lares hike with Cusi Travel and enjoyed every minute of it! The day before the hike began José, our guide, took us on the Face to Face tour where we learned about Cusco from the Peruvian perspective. This was free of charge and a great chance to get to know the rest of the group before we began the hike.

We spent 4 days with José and the crew as we hiked on the Lares trail. Although we had originally intended on doing the Inka trail, we were glad with our choice to do the lesser known Lares hike. We didn't see a single tourist and got to visit with the local people along the way. The food was excellent and Rolly the chef even catered to the Vegan needs of a few people in our group. Although the altitude can make the hike difficult, José made frequent stops to let us catch our breath and gave us background knowledge of the trail. The equipment is top notch, even though it rained the first night the tents held up well and we stayed dry.

My friends and I are all students below the average age for most people who do this hike (we're 20/21) and we felt this was a good option for us. Everything we needed during the hike was taken care of and we didn't have to worry about arranging tickets to get into Machu Picchu. José speaks english/spanish/quechua very well and has 10 years of experience leading tourists through the trails. Overall the trip went smoothly and I recommend Cusi Travel to anyone looking for an adventure set in the beautiful backdrop of the Peruvian mountains.

3  Thank gentle_a1
Reviewed June 18, 2013

First of all I want to say Cusi Travel is top notch! I could not have been happier with our trip with our guide Jose through trek of the Inca trail to Macchu Picchu. To start off and say the service and hospitality of all the members was honestly above and beyond what I had expected! I can truly say that even when the trek got physically and mentally demanding Jose motivated me and my friend in a positive manner through the whole trek with out fail for five days.

I must also mention that when traveling safety is my main concern and my friend and I felt safe through the whole trek with Jose and his porters. My friend and I felt a bit of altitude sickness but Jose took care of us accordingly and appropriately.

The gear Cusi Travel uses for their customers is top notch North Face tents, sleeping bags and thermal air mattress'. I know from speaking others fellow travelers, who were on the same trek but with different travel agencies, we were warmer and more accommodated through the night! This made a HUGE difference as we could enjoy our adventure to the fullest.

The next most important thing I must mention is that the food we were cooked was a filling full three course meal comparable to restaurant dining Morning, Noon and Night!
Jose took his time to make sure we understood the history of the Incas while we trekked which made our trip more in depth and memorable. Jose even took photos throughout our trip and gave us a CD when we were finished for us to keep!

Lastly the Cusi travel porters go out of their way to accommodate you with anything you need during the trip!

PROS:
safety
food
friendly service
top notch gear
CD of photos taken throughout entire trek included!

CONS:
I got some altitude sickness but our guide took care of me and got me going again.

Overall if your the kind of person looking or a trip full of fun and adventure Cusi Travel is the way to go!

3  Thank Jesus F
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The people at Cusi travel go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and even a little spoiled during their trekking adventures. They use the best gear including North Face tents and thermarest sleeping mats which are set up for you when you arrive. Humberto made us amazing 3 corse meals and had them prepared precisely when we arrived. Beware, he likes to use hot peppers but they are always on the side. Ruben brought us hot coffee to our tent before breakfast and his family even hosted us on night two and prepared us the local delicacy, cuy, which was delicious. Jose, who was our guide for the lares valley trek, was a wealth of information about local culture and history and made the hike interesting and fun. Thank you Cusi travel for the awesome adventure!!!

Date of experience: May 2013