Open today: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Cusi 4 Day Macchu Pichu package

My husband had a wonderful experience with this company. We were met by someone at every stop. On... read more

Reviewed February 7, 2019
Danielahgg
Had an awesome tour today: Moray, Maras and community visit

Loved our tour today. We booked the tour yesterday through our hotel cusco b&b and it was... read more

Reviewed January 23, 2019
real_abroad
via mobile

All reviews community visit local community day hike inca trail student guide meeting locals driver jose customized experience sacred valley spoke quechua machu picchu real chef planning phase the peru rail train answered all of our questions frequent breaks his team
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The people at Cusi travel go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and even a little spoiled during their trekking adventures. They use the best gear including North Face tents and thermarest sleeping mats which are set up for you when you arrive. Humberto made us amazing 3 corse meals and had them prepared precisely when we arrived. Beware, he likes to use hot peppers but they are always on the side. Ruben brought us hot coffee to our tent before breakfast and his family even hosted us on night two and prepared us the local delicacy, cuy, which was delicious. Jose, who was our guide for the lares valley trek, was a wealth of information about local culture and history and made the hike interesting and fun. Thank you Cusi travel for the awesome adventure!!!

Date of experience: May 2013
5  Thank GinaTibbs
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I want to thank Cusi Travel for the excellent trek through Lares Valley. My wife an I enjoyed every moment of it. Jose has a deep knowledge of the places we visited the people and cultures we encountered and the history of the beautiful Peruvian countryside.
The food was completely over the top! Four courses for every meal. Coffee or tea delivered to your tent every morning. The equipment was also top quality. North Face tents and ThermaRest mattresses. We've never slept and ate so well while camping.
I would recommend Cusi Travel to anyone considering a trek or a guided tour in Peru. Jose is great and cares deeply for his guests and there enjoyment of the country he loves so much.
Thanks Jose!

Date of experience: May 2013
5  Thank btibbs
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Our machu picchu trip was more than i could ask for and unparalleled to any other touring company experience I have ever had. Our guide (and owner) Jose, is an expert in everything; history, geology, wild life, and even photography. I appreciated they way he told the story of the Quechua and inca people and all the theories associated w the creation of Machu Picchu. I never felt rushed, or that my questions were ever silly and i felt safe at all times on our 2 day hike.The food, hotel accommodations, and overall service was more than I expected and a bargain for this top notch service and experience. As a bonus, I also learned how to use my SLR camera which I used to always default to auto. Not any more... I now have amazing pictures that capture the moments I will forever remember. Thank you Cusi Travel, I hope your business flourishes as your company is truly 5 stars in my eyes.

Sincerely-Your favorite new traveling fan,
Viviana

Ps- see you in a few years for the 4 day experience

Date of experience: March 2013
3  Thank vkabbabe
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We did the trek from Salkantay to Machu Picchu in April with Javier from Cusi travel and had an excellent hike. We were treated like royalty and were extremely impressed with the professionalism of the entire team. Javier was an extremely knowledgeable guide and our cooks Rolly and Henri managed to create delicious meals even at 4400 meters! We are so pleased with the entire trek and would highly recommend Cusi Travel to anyone looking for a guided mountain tour in Peru. Thank you José and Javier and the entire team!

Date of experience: April 2013
2  Thank Jmih
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have just returned from a 6 day hike in Peru with Cusi Travel and could not be happier. After discussing our goals of experiencing natural beauty, some solitude and Inca ruins, Jose put together an amazing hike that led us right up to Mount Salkantay where we touched it's glacier, then descended down into a peaceful valley, not seeing another tourist in the first three days. Then we linked up with the Inka Trail for a full-on history lesson. Our guide was first-rate, compassionate about Quechua culture, knowledgable of both Inca history and the natural surroundings, and also part psychologist, helping to convince us we could succeed when the trail got difficult approaching 5000m altitude. Our chef (and I mean chef) cooked restaurant quality food at every meal and even baked us a cake for our farewell dinner. Our hard-working porters were happy and clearly well-treated. To top it off this local Cusco company invests much of its earnings back into the samll Andean villages where the porters live, supporting the families and the local school. Choosing Cusi Travel will not only give you the best hiking experience in Peru but it will also help support the lives of many children who live in the Andes.

Date of experience: April 2013