“Not the Louvre but the Pisco Sour is a Masterpiece!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Museo del Pisco
Ranked #32 of 686 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Peruvian, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Barcelona, Spain
“Not the Louvre but the Pisco Sour is a Masterpiece!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stopped in here many times during our week in Cusco. Our search for the best Pisco Sour didn't start here but this is where the winner was crowned! Service was excellent - the bartender made each drink with such care!

Would give the food a miss... After all, it's not about that!!

Munch on the free corn snack and enjoy the experience!!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Citizens
Adam W, Owner at Museo del Pisco, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
I'm glad we're crowned the winner of your competition - and what a fun one to have! I'm glad you appreciate the details of service and care that we provide. Please come again!

• Polish first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Great place to have a pisco!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

A very nice restaurant-bar with a vast menu of Piscos and snacks. I really loved the alpaca burger, super delicious!!!

• Visited November 2013
Adam W, Owner at Museo del Pisco, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
A great Alpaca Burger indeed - one of my favorites! Thanks for coming by and enjoying our place.
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Fab piscos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Only had drinks here (Pisco Sour naturally). Very welcoming and friendly staff. Reasonably priced. Great range of pisco and other drinks. Small museum up the stairs which am afraid we didn't visit!

Visited April 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Go for the drinks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

We loved the drinks here so much that we visited twice during our short stay in Cusco. The specialty cocktails are a bit pricey compared to other places in the city, but they are really good and definitely worth it. If you like high quality cocktails, this is the place to go in Cusco.

They also have live music in the evenings on the weekends which we really enjoyed. It is loud though so if you're looking to have a conversation, try to find a table upstairs where it's quieter.

The food is a bit hit or miss. We had dinner with our drinks on our second visit, but I wish we hadn't. My husband had the alpaca burger and really loved it, even if it was a little over done. I had the regular burger and couldn't eat it. It was basically raw. My husband has been known to order a burger medium rare and even he wouldn't eat it. Very strange that the two burgers would come out so differently, especially when they didn't ask how we wanted them prepared.

Anyway, I wouldn't risk ordering food again, but I would definitely go back for drinks. I miss them already.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hola Cleveland!
I'm glad you came and enjoyed yourselves on various occasions, for the music and the drinks. Good stuff.
I am sorry you didn't get the burger cooked properly, but wish you had requested them to cook it further. We always want to make sure you get what you want, and would have happily cooked it further for you or replaced it. Sorry!
Miami, Florida
“Greatest Pisco Bar in Cusco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

Only here for drinks.

After visiting a few bars, many of the other bartenders kept pointing this bar to me. And on my last night in town, I found out this place was two blocks away from my hotel. I definitively had to check them out. and I am glad I did.

This place has moved on from the basic Coca Sour. This place has the largest list of infused Pisco, with products that come from the region, the rainforest, and the nearby mountains. I was incredibly impressed. Needless to say, I spent many hours there. Also, they have a very large list of premium pisco.

The staff was very friendly, there was an awesome band playing, the ambiance was pretty cool. The patrons were friendly and I was hanging out like a regular on my first night. Definitively one of the best places to be if you want to mingle with the local crowd and with some ex-pats.

• Visited March 2014
Adam W, Owner at Museo del Pisco, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Julio, thanks for spending so many hours trying our concoctions - we experiment hard to find the best and make the most delicious cocktails. Thanks for sharing!!!