“Everything was perfect”

Destination Peru Tours
Ranked #274 of 949 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: We love Peru. Our mission is to deliver the best possible experience to visitors of this beautiful country. Our excursions are carefully planned around providing authentic and unique experiences, top-quality service and accommodations, and security that can only be found at an agency with our standards. We look forward to seeing you in Peru!
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We arrived in Cuzco late because our flight from Lima was delayed 3 hours. Jared already re-arranged for us to have a private van take us to the train. He handed us a packet that had all our tickets for everything we needed. At Machu Picchu we ran into other americans that went with other companies and they were never told about having to get tickets prior to arriving for the Huayna Picchu hike and they didn't get to do it. This is limited to only 400 people a day and is a MUST do hike. Going to Machu Picchu without doing Huayna Picchu is like going to the Superbowl and watching it from the parking lot outside the stadium. Needless to say, everything was prepared in detail and the trip was perfectly outstanding. If I ever go to Machu Picchu again I will only go through Destination Peru. Thanks Jared.
LJ from SLC

jmsnow, Owner at Destination Peru Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2015

Lane,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to leave this review.

I'll never forget your flight fiasco. I'm so happy that we were able to resolve it and that your trip was so wonderful. Cusco is an amazing place and I'm excited to help you with your future return travels.

Let's keep in touch.

Thanks again,

-Jared

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Destination Peru made my last minute trip to Cusco incredible. My friend and I contacted them somewhat last minute, and they got everything set-up for us so smoothly. We spent the day in Cusco with them, and they arranged a private car to shuttle us around the ruins and villages in the Cusco area. They recommended specific restaurants, and all of them were amazing. The Wyndham Gardens in Cusco where we stayed was first class. I felt like I was in the USA, and I felt safe knowing that I could return home there each night. They went above and beyond to make our stay in Cusco an unforgettable experience. Not only were their recommendations in Cusco spot on, but they had detailed recommendations as to what to do and see in all of Peru. Their knowledge was really vast and invaluable: they advised us on how to cope with altitude sickness, how to get a good exchange rate on your money, etc. All of their suggestions were spot on. Destination Peru even went the extra mile by lending us a spare cell phone to contact them in case of emergency while we trekked to Machu PIcchu. Destination Peru is the professional, serviceable, and extremely thoughtful travel agency you want to have on your side! Seriously, don't go anywhere else. You can't find a better agency out there. If you want to have a good, safe, enjoyable time in Peru, contact them!

khakes,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to leave this comment.

We were so happy to be able to spend the day with you in the Sacred Valley and to have such a great time seeing all of the sites in Pisac and Ollantaytambo!

If you're ever headed that way again let me know, I would love to help in any way I can.

Best regards,

-Jared

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Destination Peru was a lifesaver! They helped me out with all of my travel needs, from bus, train, and flight tickets to planning my day at Machu Picchu. They set us up with a great hotel as well. I know my trip would not have been as successful as it was without the help of Destination Peru!

jmsnow, Owner at Destination Peru Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Erin thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure to meet you and I'm glad that you had fun. We hope to see you back in Peru sometime!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We had an excellent experience with these guys. In addition to the larger overall travel plan (which was wonderfully tailored to our personalities and preferences), They had all sorts of little details taken care of that helped ease us along the entire way.

Service was prompt and friendly, and we generally felt like they were taking care of us and we had nothing to worry about as we traveled from Lima to Cusco to Machu Picchu and back.

My wife said at one point, "I can't believe how much peace of mind I have because Jared worked everything out" and I couldn't agree more.

jmsnow, Owner at Destination Peru Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Garrett/Jill,
Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure meeting both of you and we're really happy that you enjoyed the trip. And by the way, I have never seen photos of Peru so beautiful as the ones that you took; amazing.

If you are ever back in this corner of South America, please let us know!

Best,

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Destination Peru provided the trip of a lifetime for my family. We enjoyed everything, the food, the company, the safety, and the wonderful sites to see. The list of sites exceeded my list of tourism. I feel as if I lived in Peru for two weeks not just visited.

1  Thank Kgbr0wn
jmsnow, Owner at Destination Peru Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Kirt & Co.,
We sure loved spending time with all of you (Kirt, Michelle, Riley, and Karter). I'm glad that you all enjoyed your time in Perú and we hope to see you again soon!
Best Regards.