All reviews soles taxi tea airport breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

The staff and owners on site are terrific . They welcomed my son and I as family . Clean rooms , Hot tea and a central den TV and room TV . Breakfast was served on our nice clean personal table and it was tasty : eggs as you want fresh bread , juice , tea or coffee , cheese and ham . Yummy . They have bottle water on site and laundry service for around $7 a large load and came back smelling fresh and clean . The staff also has taxi and connections of area. I will come back again . Staff treats guests as family .

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Yeselet Y, Propietario at Hotel Sonnenthal Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2019

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for leaving us a comment after your stay at Hotel Sonnenthal Cusco.

We are delighted that the stay went well and we hope to see you again soon.

We remain at your disposal by phone (+51 983204195) or by email (reservas@hotelsonnenthalcusco.com) if you have any questions about the hotel and its services during your next trip to Cusco.

We remain at your disposal and wish you a good day

Reviewed January 2, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights for the New Years. Very basic but clean room although there was a strange smell.
The best part of the hotel- the ladies that work there: very helpful (getting taxis, giving directions) and kind.
We also got a late check out.
It's a bit far from the center but it's only 5soles to get to the plaza de armas.

Date of stay: January 2016
1  Thank sofiaz596

Dear Sir,

Reviewed September 27, 2015

This small, family run hotel in Cusco is an absolute charmer. The rooms aren't fancy or huge, but they are comfortable and clean.

What really sets this place apart is the level of service the owners provide. They give you a great map to start your tour of Cusco, can make recommendations for you and so much more. What impressed me the most was that my train from Machu Pichu broke down and I arrived at the train station nearly 2 hours later than expected. I didn't think the driver from the hotel would still be there, but sure enough, he was waiting there for me. Incredible. I would highly recommend this cute, family run establishment.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank AttyPaulM

Dear Sir,

We are delighted that the stay was well and we hope to see you again soon.

We remain at your disposal by phone (+51 983204195) or by email (reservas@hotelsonnenthalcusco.com) if you have any questions about the hotel and its services during your next trip in Cusco.

Reviewed June 29, 2015

This hotel is situated an inexpensive taxi ride from downtown Cusco. By North American standards, the area may appear run down, but I encountered no problems and never felt unsafe. The hotel has modern touches, is very clean, spacious, and comfortable. Wi-Fi was free and worked very well. Breakfast was included and was definitely well above average. Most hotel staff did not speak English but were very warm, kind, welcoming, and helpful. I was offered a hot cup of coca tea upon my arrival and the front-desk attendant helped me order a pizza as restaurants nearby were closed. Even when I needed a taxi, staff made sure to walk me to the taxi and ask the driver how much he will charge me before the trip even began. These little touches of service went a long way. For those who aren't looking for luxury but want a comfortable sleep, a clean property, and good value, this hotel provides all three and more.

Room tip: Rooms that are not facing the street are quieter.
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you very much for leaving us a comment after your stay at Hotel Sonnenthal Cusco.

Reviewed May 27, 2015

I stayed here for one night and the service was quite nice. It's a small, family run hotel and everyone was very nice. It's the kind of hotel where they ask you what time you would like your breakfast in the morning and even though I woke up after breakfast was officially over, they still fed me. I didn't have a problem with the hot water in my room. I figured out that the trick is to not turn the water pressure too high otherwise the small heater can't heat the water quickly enough.

Date of stay: May 2015