“A hidden Gem”

Milhouse Hostel Cusco
Ranked #12 of 533 Specialty Lodging in Cusco
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is a great place to stay, its really good value, the staff are friendly and really helpful and it has a brilliant atmosphere around the place. There is also a travel agents inside the hostel so its handy to book different things whilst your there. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed in milhouse for 2 weeks (excluding 4 days when I went on the inka trail) and I don't have a bad word to say about it. I stayed in a private room with my friend which was really nice. The bar area is great and its really easy to meet people. The location is perfect and there's even a movie room with a projector. When I went on the inka trail the hostel looked after my bag for free. Milhouse made my stay so easy and I had a great time in cusco. I'd Recommend booking white water rafting through the hostel it's quite cheap (120 soles fir a whole day lunch and everything included) and an amazing day out.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My friends and I spent one week in Milhouse Hostel and we got satisfied. Excellent accommodations and location. The room is wide and clean. But the best thing is the staff, from the reception until the bar.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Great staff, very helpful and easy going. Comfortable and silent rooms. Very easy to reach from Plaza de Armas, so you can walk or pay little fees for taxi. I would stay there again, although it was being built when I stood there. Guests from everywhere in the world.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 25, 2013

On first impressions this hostel has a lot going for it - central location just off the main plaza, old colonial building, inexpensive, nice common areas and busy bar/restaurant. However, the bedrooms leave a lot to be desired. The double bedroom we stayed in was cold, dark, damp and unwelcoming, and made our 3 night stay quite uncomfortable. The worst part was the bathroom, which was very old fashioned (midnight blue throughout, slightly rusty and very very dark), it had no air circulation so it stayed wet all day and there was an unlockable window from the bathroom that opened onto a dark chute/chimney/abyss. Very odd and quite creepy.

Additionally, the hostel advertises its rates in USD, but adds on a 4% fee and punitive exchange rate if you wish to pay in Dollars using a credit card. This added an extra $16 to the final price we paid, just to use a Visa card.

There are many different hostels and hotels in Cusco, and although I cannot make any direct comparisons, it is unlikely I would stay at the Milhouse Backpackers again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We recently travelled through Peru and Bolivia and always came back to Milhouse.

The staff are friendly, the prices reasonable and the beds comfy.

The bar area is a great place to chill and catch up with current events via the free wifi while drinking the free cocoa tea.

My only complains would be once I wasn't convinced the sheets had been changed and for some reason on one visit they charged me s/.1 for towels even though the other 4 nights I wasn't.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed a couple of nights in this hostel and the people that worked there were very friendly, in particular Luiyo helped us with a lot of things. He is the best, wish all people in hostels are as friendly as he is!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple