“Peru Trip”

Book In Advance
More Info
$2,041.00*
and up
10-day Tour from Lima: Amazon Jungle, Machu...
Ranked #56 of 986 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: Cultural Immersion is a deluxe tour operator based in Cusco, Peru. We provide top-quality travel services throughout Peru, including Machu Picchu, Cusco, Sacred Valley, Lake Titicaca, the Peruvian Amazon, Colca Canyon, Nazca, Arequipa, Lima and other main attractions. We specialize in small groups and private trips which allow us to create and operate our itineraries in a very personalized way. When you travel with us you will explore the real Peru, visiting places other companies choose not to go.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My sister and I just returned from a 9 day trip to Peru booked through Cultural Immersion. Eduardo and his team did a great job of planning our trip to Lima, the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, Cusco and the Amazon. One minor glitch occurred when our driver had the wrong names upon our arrival into Lima and we ended up missing him and having to take a taxi to our hotel. Once Eduardo was notified, the driver came to our hotel to apologize personally and Eduardo promptly refunded our money for the transportation cost once we arrived in Cusco. (Great customer service!) That however, was the only minor problem we encountered! Everything else was brilliant! The logistics were planned very well and our guide, Danny, was phenomenal!! (And great fun to hang out with!) Can't say enough kind words for Eduardo and his team at Cultural Immersion! His commitment to the Andean community is admirable and one of the major reasons we chose CI for our trip. It was a great experience and I would highly recommend this company!!

Cultural_Immersi0n, Owner at Cultural Immersion Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Sherry B.,

Thank you very much for your review!

We are happy to hear you had a great time in Peru and you enjoyed spending time in the different parts of this beautiful country.
We are glad you are satisfied with the services provided and that you had a great time with our tour guides.

We hope you will think back to your time in Peru for a long time and keep all your memories as long as possible.

Thank you for choosing Cultural Immersion!

The team of Cultural Immersion

All reviews
"lake titicaca"
in 14 reviews
"swimming with sea lions"
"tambopata reserve"
in 2 reviews
"best trip of our lives"
"stress free vacation"
in 5 reviews
"the entire trip"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed October 10, 2013

In September 2013, I had the mysterious ambition to take a long, 9 day rural trek to Machu Picchu. It was too late for the Inka Trail proper (and that seemed a bit short for me). Cultural Immersions provided a great proposal and they promised to do the trek for two people - not a lot of random people will sign up for this one. I talked my friend from the US into joining me.

At Cultural Immersion, I got help from Hannah and later from the owner Edward. He previously lived in the US two years and has great English. The logistics of this trek are moderately difficult, as there are mules and cooks and tents and 88 days of food. Somehow, we had homemade soup every day before every dinner and most lunches. The guide (Juan Carlos) and head cook (Solano) were excellent at all matters, including getting us up early for the 6000 foot ascent days - yes, it's a difficult trek. Juan Carlos was great at introducing us to local people, very very good English, Spanish, and from his parents he has a working knowledge of Quechuan, the rural language of the mountains and first language of most people we met. He showed us his deep appreciation of the culture of the Andean peoples and the birds and environment.

Warning - this is a tough trek - some very hard days and high passes (15,150 feet). Bring some DEET for the biting flies - but that keeps them at bay. There are several reasons to consider this trek. We saw virtually no tourists on days 1-6 and had interesting Inca ruins to ourselves. CI does a nice job selecting rural farms for camping spots, so that you might meet some of the local people who aren't in the tourism industry. This strategy allowed us to avoid the touristic town of Playa where the Salkantay Trek and other treks congregate (and sometimes party loudly) before reaching Agua Calientes.

I'd definitely recommend Ci, too - they were mid priced, prompt in their communications, and used a safe vehicle and driver, and seemed to care about their employees and clients. By the way, I also used CI to set up a week in the Amazon at the last minute. Edward did a nice job setting up a trip to Tambopata area that fit my schedule exactly, including flights, into the remote Health River and Sandoval Lodges, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Love22saywa
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Peru is awesome but cultural immersion a planning is not. The first problem was when they didn't send a taxi to bring us to the airport. We finally got our own and just barely made the flight. Then, two desperate times, in Arequipa and in Lima they planned to drop us at the airport 6-8 hours before our flight. This was a last minute change to our itinerary we didn't approve. When we only have a day in a city you don't want to spend it sitting in the airport. When we complained and asked to change, they said that it was not possible but the airport is very nice. I would definitely travel to peru with a different agency or plan it myself next time!

Cultural_Immersi0n, Manager at Cultural Immersion Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Longtrail22
Thank you for your comment about your experiences with Cultural Immersion.
We are truly sorry about the trouble you had with the transfers in Lima and Arequipa. We take your feedback very seriously and will do everything to avoid such inconveniences in the future.
Beside this all, we hope you had the chance to enjoy this beautiful country and that you have predominantly positive memories to your trip and Peru.
The team of Cultural Immersion

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We started a year in advance finding a trip to Peru. I sent a potential itinerary with a request for quote to four local providers. CI responded the next day with a phone call and shortly thereafter with a firm quote. Two other providers responded in a timely manner but much, much slower and one provider never responded. We worked with Eduardo at CI, and he handed us off to several different people in the office for follow-up. After five different iterations of the itinerary over three weeks, always with fast and complete answers, we had a winner.

Fast forward 11 months later with the trip just a month ahead and we received a confirmation itinerary with changes to the rooming requests at two hotels. After having the final itinerary for such a long time, this was a shock. But, Eduardo worked it out quickly to our satisfaction, said it was a learning experience for CI and we were ready to go.

We were very pleased with the service from CI: on time, good guide and information, excellent driving, clean and comfortable car. We pre-booked only one meal and loved that because it gave us flexibility to change the schedule as needed due to more or less time at one place or as we dealt with illness one day. Our guide Alvaro was very accommodating when something needed to change, as per the illness, with the comment "After all, this is a private tour!" We so appreciated that.

We are independent travelers but thought that we would want the extra help in Peru. We were very glad that we made the decision to have the help/support, and CI turned out to be exactly the right company for us.

I was so impressed from the beginning that Eduardo phoned THE NEXT DAY after receiving our inquiry. That told me he was interested in our business. His pricing was the best of the three initial quotes we received. Finally, even though the rooming problem at the hotel was a misunderstanding on the part of his staff, he stood by the original itinerary which specified a room type and he paid the difference between what was agreed to and what was quoted. That told me he was a man of integrity to adhere to the original itinerary and to correct the error of his staff. I had thought I had made the right decision to select CI when I made the booking, but by the way this problem was resolved, I was sure that I had made the right decision.

1  Thank MargaretEllen1950
See more reviews
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I recently returned from a Peruvian tour with Cultural Immersion. I flew into Lima spent two nights and then headed to the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchau. The trip was all I had hoped for and more. From my initial discussions setting up the trip with Hannah right through to the five star accommodations and guides it was a pleasure. There restaurant suggestions were exactly what I was looking for, wonderful food, nice people and local flavor. Alvaro our guide through the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu was fantastic. He was knowledgable, friendly and within a few hours knew exactly what I was interested in and adjusted the itinerary to my interests. Had a wonderful evening with him and his wife at the end of our trip.
Lots of hiking, kayaking and tours of local markets and sites with no tourists in sight. I was very impressed that one day we went kayaking on a beautiful lake in the Sacred Valley and the owner and staff showed up with a great picnic lunch.
I travel a lot and have experienced the ups and downs of tour companies, so I can honestly say these guys are great and I have no hesitation what so ever in recommending them.