“want something richer from you travels in peru?”

Cultural Immersion Day Tours
$68.00*
Private Walking Tour: Cusco City Sightseeing and San Pedro Market
Ranked #114 of 931 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: Cultural Immersion is a deluxe tour operator based in Cusco, Peru. We provide top-quality travel services throughout Peru, including Machu Picchu, Cusco, Sacred Valley, Lake Titicaca, the Peruvian Amazon, Colca Canyon, Nazca, Arequipa, Lima and other main attractions. We specialize in small groups and private trips which allow us to create and operate our itineraries in a very personalized way. When you travel with us you will explore the real Peru, visiting places other companies choose not to go.
Reviewed February 2, 2013

find " cultural immersions" and their manager eduardo becerra. this company and their excellent guides managed to show us all the grand sites and the sweeping views that peru has to offer, but they gave us so much more. quiet side views and small quiet streets. vibrant villages and true local flavor. intelligent conversation and well researched information. all that and time. time to sit. time to just walk. time to become part of peru, part of it's land and it's sky and it's people. time to be a traveler not just a tourist. so find this company, find them now and travel to peru. paul nantucket usa

2  Thank paulb29527

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I can't say enough good things about this organization. We are usually independent travelers--busses, rental cars--but decided we wanted a more relaxed experience for a month in Peru. What luck to have found Cultural Immersion. We planned details of the trip interactively with Eduardo, who was attentive to our interests and concerns and extremely helpful. For three of the four weeks we traveled in a private car with CI's exceptional driver (Carlos) and guide (Daniel), who could not have been more pleasant traveling companions. Daniel's broad and deep knowledge of archeology, recorded history, and current social practices helped us have insights into Peru that we could not have easily acquired independently. And the contacts he and Carlos had allowed us to have experiences that otherwise would have been closed to us (including wonderful, often obscure, places to eat). Once they were aware of our special interests, they were happy to adjust the schedule to accommodate them. Flexibility, attention to detail, good humor, dependability, and punctuality were hallmarks of the CI experience, from our partners on the road to every member of the office staff we worked with. We hope we have the chance to travel with them again.

4  Thank viajeracuandopueda
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Many thanks to Eduardo and his Cultural Immersions team for our incrediable journey to Peru. Two friends, my husband and I visited the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, Cusco, Lima, Lake Titicaca and an Amazon River lodge traveling by plane, train, minivan, bus and boat. Cultural Immersions planned, booked, and executed every phase of the trip flawlessly. At each destination point we had our own driver and English speaking guide waiting to pick us up and show us the sights. Our guide in the Cusco/Sacred Valley area was with us for 5 days and accompanied us to Machu Picchu for a private tour there. At Lake Titicca, the four of us were taken to visit the reed islands on a large, private speed boat.
We really felt pampered and cared for on this trip. Cultural Immersions took care of every detail including securing all entrance and travel tickets and boarding passes. At departure points, our guides provided us assisstance in checking our luggage and accompanied us to departure gates as far as security would allow.
All of our guides were knowledgeable, flexiable, courteous, and eager to teach us about their country. Not only did we see the the major tourist sights of each area, but we were also
privileged to learn more about how the people live by visiting small communities and private homes. Hotel accommodations were well-appointed, comfortable and conveniently located. In two instances we were surprised by receiving hotel upgrades. On our last evening in Cusco, we were treated to a delicious dinner with Eduardo. Our hopes for this trip were high, but Cultural Immersions went over and above our expectations .Thanks again for a wonderful trip.
Gloria C.

2  Thank Gloria C
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Dear C.I. we had a GRAT, GREAT time in Peru thanks to well thought and organized trip by you. From the 1st time we have contacted the company to the time we had left, there was nothing else but great service & impressive amount of attention & consideration. We have received great suggestions for add-on services, switching hotel options, activities at our leisure time, meal advises, etc. that made us feel special. The great itinerary, well chosen hotels, impressive personal attention, thoughtfullness to the smallest details, and flexibility were impressive. Eduardo, Karina, Nicki, they all were great to work with.

Our guide Daniel would readily go an extra mile to meet our wishes. He would choose JUST the right time to be at the places to not hit the big crowds and have some special time at those majestic and sacred places such as Machu Picchu and the whole Sacred valley. He was very knowledgeable, personal, and pleasant. he was one of the greatest guides we have ever had (we consider ourselves pretty well travelled). A quite good surprise was the "fairwell dinner" especially at an excellent restaurant. Thank you, Daniel.
The time in Puerto Maldonado and the jungle was very well spent too-this time in a group of people which allowed us an opportunity to share impressions, spend time chatting to them at the meals and during the great daily trips we had. Not to mentioned the Refugio amazonas... great place and service. very pleased.
We would highly recommend C.I.
Polina & George

3  Thank mitochondria2007
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is the first review I’ve ever written, but Cultural Immersions did a great job and I want to express my appreciation. I have never used a tour company before. I planned my own trips to Europe and Southeast Asia. Having no experience with South America, not having any specific designations in mind other than Lima and Machu Picchu as well as having no Spanish language background, I decided to look for some help. While I was not looking forward to being part of a tour group, I resigned myself to the idea of traveling with a host of strangers in exchange for eliminating the difficulties of planning the trip. .After looking at the recommendations on TripAdvisor, I settled on Cultural Immersions. I am glad I did.

Our first pleasant surprise was that we were not aggregated into a larger tour group. During our time in Lima, Cusco, the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu my adult daughter and I were by ourselves, escorted by a driver and a tour guide. It was not until we reached Puerto Maldanado that we became part of a group staying at Corto Maltes. During our stay there we enjoyed the company of other travelers who had booked time at Corto Maltes through other tour operators. We shared meals and excursions with people from several countries, enjoying their different perspectives and making our stay even more interesting. (I notice Cultural Immersions has revised their web site to emphasize the fact their tours are private tours.)

When we were in Cusco, where Cultural Immersions is headquartered, we enjoyed a hosted dinner with Cultural Immersions travel advisor, Karina who had planned our trip and had looked out for us while we were in Peru. Karina is a delightful young woman from New York. She was in contact with us via email as we toured and was always ready with an answer to my questions. She eased my fears when our plane to Cusco was 2 hours late and assured me that our guide would be waiting for us and he was. She made sure we had all our boarding passes and knew when to be where for our flight connections between cities.

I would encourage anyone who would like to visit Peru to contact Cultural Immersions and feel confident that you will be well taken care of. The staff and guides are friendly, reliable and knowledgeable. Safe and Happy Travels!

1  Thank Shutterbug206