Hostal Wara Wara
$136
$110
$76
  • Free Internet
Ninos Hotel Meloc(Cusco)(Great Value!)
$130
$55
  • Restaurant
$131
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsview from the balconygreat hostsinca trailthe main squareother guestssteep climbsacred valleyplaza de armaseggsfamily roomamazing views of the cityhot watercoca teafresh juicebreadroom was clean and comfortableliving room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The first thing you notice when you arrive is the magnificent view of Cusco. But it is when you get to know the two wonderful hosts Miguel and Viviana, and how helpful and kind they are, that you really fall in love with the place. They helped us with different situations and complications time and time again, with no hesitation. They even stored our bags for us while we were on the inka trek, even though we were returning to a different hostal. The breakfast was really really good, especially the sweet tamales, yum! If I ever go back to Cusco again (which I hope), Hostal Wara Wara is MOST DEFINITELY my first choice. Oh and their dog Tito was such a funny little cuddly chap!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I spent 3 nights in Cusco at Hostal Wara Wara in May 2013. It was fantastic! I highly recommend it. I stayed 2 nights prior to leaving for the Inca Trail and then returned for one night after the trek (I also recommend Peru Treks for the Inca Trail trek). They kept my bags secure for free while I was on the trek. The owners, Miguel and Viviana, and their adorable baby and dog, were the best hosts I could have asked for! Very friendly, helpful, spoke great English, made great food! They were able to recommend great restaurants and activities too. Though my room was right off the main room it wasn't an issue for me as I didn't need to sleep in late. I suppose if you want to sleep until noon you'll probably want a room not right off the main area, but it didn't bother me at all. The room was comfortable and clean and had its own private bathroom. It was very comfortable and spacious for 2 people. I also enjoyed the location as it was a few blocks off the main square so it helped me explore more of the city. And the view from their balcony is amazing!

Room Tip: Rooms 4 and 5 are right off the main room and could be a little noisy if you want to sleep past 8am or 9am.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This B&B is a great place to stay while in Cusco, and the hosts Viviana and Miguel do their best to make it a great experience.

We arrived late and had not had dinner. Our hosts said that they had just had a large party the night before, and did not have much in the larder. However, the cook scoured around and found some pasta and came up with a fine dinner that was filling at 11 PM! Breakfast was equally as good.

There were water main repairs going on right outside the hostal, and we tracked mud into the common space, but Miguel was not upset, as it was not his or our problem. He answered questions, gave directions, called for taxis, etc. attending to our concerns in a new city.

The common area has a magnificent view of the city, as did our room -- I believe Number 5. The problem was that this room adjoined the common area (with a covered window into it, no less), and the noise level was very noticeable especially since our hosts now have a baby, and a dog. The dining tables were against the wall of our bedroom. And I think that at least one other room adjoins the common area.

BUT, there are other rooms at the hostel that perhaps do not have the view, but are away from the common area (think TV, computer area, dining, cooking, bar, etc.) If you are in one of these rooms, you will be a happy camper.

Room Tip: Reserve one that is not adjacent to the common area for a sound sleep. See above.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This hostel was in a great location near the plaza, and our room was very nice. Shower worked fine with plenty of hot water. The best part of this hostel, however, was the common room and the host and hostess! Everyone was great, breakfast was good, and we enjoyed meeting and spending time with other guests. And, I had great fun playing ball with Tito the dog.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa O
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I spent four days at Wara Wara. I can't say enough about Viviana and Miguel! During my stay I got sick and had a major issue with a vendor with my Machu Picchu tour. Both made sure that I was taken care of!
The hostal is small but comfy! I had plenty of space in my room. If you are more than one person, it might get a tad tight. The water was weak at times, but overall no problem
The breakfast is a great way to start the day. I also enjoy the dinner the first night that I was there.
Enjoyed little Lucianco sitting on the sofa with his big smile each day. Tito was a gem who enjoyed a quick play with the ball.
I loved that Wara Wara was up on the hill away from the busy plaza. Great for sleeping and sitting on the balcony.
Love the view of Cusco from the hostal!
It was a quick and cheap taxi ride to the main plaza and other places.
I wanted a private tour of the Scared Valley. Miguel arranged a driver for the day at a reasonable cost.
When my vendor screwed up my taxi to the bus for my Machu Picchu trip, Miguel not only arrange for me a taxi to the next stop, but the driver assist me on making sure that I was able to catch another train.
You feel like Vivianna and Miguel are family that you are staying with.
I felt the value was great and would stay here again if I ever visit Cusco

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo