“Like staying with your really cool cousins in their beautiful home overlooking Cusco.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hostal Wara Wara

You added Hostal Wara Wara to your Saves list
Hostal Wara Wara
Don Bosco 190, Cusco 08000, Peru   |
Ranked #4 of 312 Cusco B&B and Inns
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

The owners Miguel and Viviana were wonderful. When the taxi driver charged us 10 soles too much, they were concerned, talked to the company, and gave us 10 soles back. When one of us came back sick from our trek, they called a doctor. The breakfast was delicious. The rooms comfy and clean. What a view of the city!! They are a wonderful couple, and it feels more like visiting (really cool) family at Wara Wara. Their son and little dog charmed all of us. We couldn't stop talking about how much we liked it here. We highly recommend!!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Hostal is very well located and have one of the best views of Cusco, owners are really friendly and all staff is very helpful, if you didn't pick anyone, go for it!!

Rooms are quite big and you can go for every place quickly just walking.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was so pleased I stayed here and wished it could have been for longer! I found it on Trio advisor as it is so new it is not in any guide books yet. I was given a very warm welcome by Vivienne and her husband, the lovely young couple who run Wara Wara along with their gorgeous son and friendly little dog! I arrived very early after an early flight, and I was given a coffee and biscuits while they finished getting my room ready. Both Vivienne and her husband speak very good English. One reason I chose Wara Wara was because it was slightly up a hill from the centre, about ten minutes' walk because a steep flight of steps is involved but think of the good it will do you, so it was nice and quiet, not on a busy road, and also half way up to Sacsayhuaman. It was a very good price and had the most beautiful view of the whole city including the Plaza. The couple said they sometimes have live bands playing there in their little communal room! Breakfast was freshly whisked juice, fresh bread with butter and jam, and an omelette. They even had English breakfast tea. For this alone I would totally recommend Wara Wara :-)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Hansieryder
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We are a young couple from New York and traveled to Cusco in December 2012. We stayed at Wara Wara and it proved to be a lovely choice. It's only 10 minutes walking from the Plaza de Armas and yes in Cusco, that means there are some stairs, but you will not regret it. The view from where Wara Wara is perched is priceless at night and I think all the rooms have this view.

The owners are a young, friendly couple, Viviana and Miguel, who will make your stay truly special. Because it's a more intimate hostal with a few rooms, there's a unique friendly atmosphere and you will get genuine attention and advice from the hosts, Viviana and Miguel. They will help you with planning your trips and sharing advice and stories, they bring in a brand and have live music nights at the hostal when there are more guests. Price wise, I don't think you can beat their rooms, compared to the pricier 3-star lodges listed in Lonely Planet. Great experience, I will always remember the couple and next time in Cusco, we will definitely plan our nights there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in January 2013 and are so glad that we did. Viviana and Miguel are amazing hosts. From the first moments we walked in, it felt like we were staying with old friends who were excited to be hosting us. Here are a few reasons why you should book your stay in Cusco at Hostal Wara Wara:

1- Viviana and Miguel: Honestly two of the friendliest and 'coolest' (yes, I said coolest) people we have ever met. They will bend over backwards to help with anything you need, including help with planning your day, booking rides, giving advice, recommendations, etc. But we also thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them during the 4 days we were there.

2- Location: Great location, just a few blocks from the main town square. Amazing view as well. Close to many great restaurants.

3- Clean: My wife and I are very picky when it comes to cleanliness and this place was very clean.

4- Miguel is an amazing cook. We always really enjoyed breakfast and one night he cooked us some great quinoa. We recommend staying in for dinner one night to try it!

5- Cost. Currently Wara Wara is the #3 ranked B&B. You could stay at Wara Wara for 3-4 nights for the price of 1 night at 'Second Home' or Quinua Villa. I haven't stayed at the those 2 places so I can't speak to the value for those prices, but I can say that you won't get better service, and unless they are 5-star luxury suites, you won't get 3-4 times the quality either.

Lastly, by way of comparison: we stayed at Hostal Pension Alamena (ranked #4) for one night before we stayed at Wara Wara. Pension Alamena costs roughly double, yet we would stay at Hostal Wara Wara any day over Pension Alamena.

Thanks Miguel and Viviana for making our trip to Cusco so memorable!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank BValderas
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Viviana and Miguel are great hosts. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable in Cusco. Viviana was very helpful and gave us great recommendations for places to visit. Miguel is a great cook and made really good vegetarian dinner just for my wife and me. The rooms are also very nice and comfortable, with great views of Cusco from the common balcony area. My wife and I had a great time here!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Adarsh J
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My partner and I stayed at Hostal Wara Wara in November and really loved our time there. The rooms (we stayed in two different ones) were clean, comfortable and had all the things we needed. Viviana and Miguel were the most fantastic hosts - warm, friendly and very happy people who were more than happy to go above and beyond to help us out. We had two very early starts and they left food out for us for breakfast and a hot thermos for tea. The view of the Plaza is fantastic and it's only a 3 minute walk down the hill to get there. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple