Hostal Wara Wara
$309
JW Marriott
  • Pool
Tierra Viva Cusco Saphi(Cusco)
$85
$92
Hotels.com
$60
  • Breakfast included
Tierra Viva Cusco Centro(Cusco)
$98
$40
$34
  • Breakfast included
Ninos Hotel Meloc(Cusco)(Great Value!)
$130
$55
  • Restaurant
All reviewsview from the balconygreat hostsinca trailthe main squareother guestssteep climbsacred valleyplaza de armaseggsfamily roomamazing views of the cityhot watercoca teafresh juicebreadroom was clean and comfortableliving room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We are a young couple from New York and traveled to Cusco in December 2012. We stayed at Wara Wara and it proved to be a lovely choice. It's only 10 minutes walking from the Plaza de Armas and yes in Cusco, that means there are some stairs, but you will not regret it. The view from where Wara Wara is perched is priceless at night and I think all the rooms have this view.

The owners are a young, friendly couple, Viviana and Miguel, who will make your stay truly special. Because it's a more intimate hostal with a few rooms, there's a unique friendly atmosphere and you will get genuine attention and advice from the hosts, Viviana and Miguel. They will help you with planning your trips and sharing advice and stories, they bring in a brand and have live music nights at the hostal when there are more guests. Price wise, I don't think you can beat their rooms, compared to the pricier 3-star lodges listed in Lonely Planet. Great experience, I will always remember the couple and next time in Cusco, we will definitely plan our nights there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in January 2013 and are so glad that we did. Viviana and Miguel are amazing hosts. From the first moments we walked in, it felt like we were staying with old friends who were excited to be hosting us. Here are a few reasons why you should book your stay in Cusco at Hostal Wara Wara:

1- Viviana and Miguel: Honestly two of the friendliest and 'coolest' (yes, I said coolest) people we have ever met. They will bend over backwards to help with anything you need, including help with planning your day, booking rides, giving advice, recommendations, etc. But we also thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them during the 4 days we were there.

2- Location: Great location, just a few blocks from the main town square. Amazing view as well. Close to many great restaurants.

3- Clean: My wife and I are very picky when it comes to cleanliness and this place was very clean.

4- Miguel is an amazing cook. We always really enjoyed breakfast and one night he cooked us some great quinoa. We recommend staying in for dinner one night to try it!

5- Cost. Currently Wara Wara is the #3 ranked B&B. You could stay at Wara Wara for 3-4 nights for the price of 1 night at 'Second Home' or Quinua Villa. I haven't stayed at the those 2 places so I can't speak to the value for those prices, but I can say that you won't get better service, and unless they are 5-star luxury suites, you won't get 3-4 times the quality either.

Lastly, by way of comparison: we stayed at Hostal Pension Alamena (ranked #4) for one night before we stayed at Wara Wara. Pension Alamena costs roughly double, yet we would stay at Hostal Wara Wara any day over Pension Alamena.

Thanks Miguel and Viviana for making our trip to Cusco so memorable!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank BValderas
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Viviana and Miguel are great hosts. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable in Cusco. Viviana was very helpful and gave us great recommendations for places to visit. Miguel is a great cook and made really good vegetarian dinner just for my wife and me. The rooms are also very nice and comfortable, with great views of Cusco from the common balcony area. My wife and I had a great time here!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adarsh J
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My partner and I stayed at Hostal Wara Wara in November and really loved our time there. The rooms (we stayed in two different ones) were clean, comfortable and had all the things we needed. Viviana and Miguel were the most fantastic hosts - warm, friendly and very happy people who were more than happy to go above and beyond to help us out. We had two very early starts and they left food out for us for breakfast and a hot thermos for tea. The view of the Plaza is fantastic and it's only a 3 minute walk down the hill to get there. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hel T
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very nice place with the best view of town. The owners, Viviane and Miguel make a very honest and pleased effort to make your stay the best. The food is great, the rooms are clean and pleasant, and the dining room makes you feel at home. If we get back to Cusco we would not doubt to book again with Wara Wara as our first choice. Greetings and thanks, Bart, Virginia anna (6 years), Carlos, Maria Cecilia and Helena (9years) from Colombia.

Room Tip: The hotel has a great view over the old town and is just some blocks away from the main square.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family