Los Aticos
Ranked #45 of 398 Cusco B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We stayed 2 nights in the Los Aticos- one night before our Machu Picchu Trek and one night afterwards. We enjoyed both nights. The rooms were very clean and quite and the water in the shower was piping hot!! The staff was very friendly and accomodating. We left our luggage with the hotel while on our trek and it was locked up safe and sound upon our return. This little gem was great value for the money we paid. If you're expecting the Hilton don't stay here- pay double to stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Yea,yea,yea. You travel to Cusco Peru and the hostel isn't up to your Hyatt Regency standards!

We went to Cusco to enjoy the culture. Los Áticos was clean, quiet and had the best service staff I've Ever had. It's down a very quiet (and safe) alley. You are within minutos of the Plaza De Armas and all the Main markets.

It is Quaint, friendly, and Fun. If You want the whole feel of Cusco, this is your place.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank B B
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Los Aticos in Cusco. The rooms were clean and quiet, and included a free breakfast. The hotel staff and management were very friendly and provided great service. Also, the location was great, right around the corner from the main square. I highly recommend this hotel. It has everything you need, for a very low price.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I enjoyed my stay here. I checked in mid day and the street outside was crazy busy. I had a little trouble finding the place, but down an alley I found it. The door was locked but someone let me in. They quickly checked me in, and I was in my room. It was surprisingly quiet. The bed was comfortable with warm blankets. The shower had hot water. There was a small tv, and there was an outlet with three prongs! Overall it was clean and felt safe. The room was a bit noisy with an interior facing window that looked over a kitchen, but there didn't seem to be a lot of people there during my stay.

The hotel is located about a five minute walk to the main plaza. Certainly not any longer.

Overall nice for the money.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for just one night. Staff was really helpful and the room was clean. It is not a new place but it has all you need to rest and get ready for your next adventure in Cusco.

Room Tip: Make sure wifi reaches your room before you unpack. :)
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Yes, Edgar is helpful, the rooms cool and slightly noisy. For the noise bring ear plugs. We enjoyed it there and it is very close to the center where all the beautiful buildings are.

I wish I had contacted the hotel about their airport pick up. We had to hassle with the taxi driver to get his price down from 35 soles to 20 soles. Anyway he did drop us off at the correct place where you have to walk down to the hotel.

There was a bit if confusion as I booked through Expedia but it was OK. There is no 18% tax for short term foreigners.

Room Tip: Take ear plugs.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed in this hotel in April 2014.
Great location, nice service, very friendly stuff.
There are few "cons" here: too cold and too noisy.
I would love to express my gratitude to the young man who works for this hotel.
His name is Edgar Callspins(I hope I spelled his last name correctly).
He literally saved my dream to get to Machu Picchu.
He was the only one person who spoke English. He was extremely helpful, very polite, a huge "+" for this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple