“Great Experience & Wonderful Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Los Aticos

Los Aticos
Ranked #37 of 339 Cusco B&B and Inns
Carol Stream, Illinois
“Great Experience & Wonderful Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

I wanted to write this email to let you know about my great experience at Los Aticos. I stayed at Los Aticos for 1 week, and I wish that I could have stayed longer before continuing on my journey. The hostel was very clean and well maintained. The self-service kitchen was also a very nice feature in the hostel because I had the opportunity to cook my own food. But the main reason for my email, is that I wanted to let you know how amazing your employee, Karla, is.

Karla is the most genuine, caring, and knowledge employee at Los Aticos. Karla helped me with my bags to my room on the second floor, and she brought me coca tea because I was not feeling well. Additionally, whenever I had a question about Peru, the culture, or how to get someplace, Karla would always take time to talk to me and explain to me whatever needed to be explained. I know very little Spanish, but luckily Karla was able to communicate very well with me in English. I cannot say enough good things about Karla. Please let her know how much I appreciated her great customer service and help during my stay.

I will definitely be returning to Los Aticos the next time I return to Cusco, as you should as well. A wonderful experience unlike any other hostel experience!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Heidi N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Korean first
Memphis, TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

If you are a young backpacker who can sleep through anything, Los Aticos is a good, economical place to stay in Cusco. I do not recommend it for light sleepers. First of all. light poured into my room through the windows on both sides- from the street light on one side, and from the stairway light on the other. Flimsy curtains on the street side didn't come close to covering the whole window. The blinds on the other side let me see quite clearly everyone who went up and down the stairs- and I'm pretty sure they could see me, too. It was like sleeping in a fish bowl. Voices came up from the lobby and the street. Saturday night, someone near by blasted music for more than 6 hours- with that bass boom, boom, boom that reverberated through my room and drowned out even the t.v. At midnight, the guy in the lobby told me he was calling the police (not at my request), but the music went on until 2. Then a group of teenagers in the alley woke me up at 7.
Housekeeping was a little lax, too, The second night, I ran out of TP, and there was no extra roll in the room. The third day, I wasn't given any towels.
BUT- the room was large, with new-looking wood floors, a microwave and refrigerator, and a perfectly nice bathroom with a good shower and lots of hot water. The wi-fi was fine. With some better curtains, this could be a comfortable place. The rooms in the back might be better- ask for one.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We spent 5 nights here,,,,2 before Machu Picchu and 3 after. The staff, and especially Edgar at the front desk was very helpful and accommodating. The beds were so comfortable with nice warm blankets for the chilly Cusco nights. Great hot water and good pressure. The breakfast was basic, but good. Located just a few blocks from Plaza de Armas, this is a great location and we would recommend you stay here!

Room Tip: This will add to your Peruvian experience....
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 900maureend
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I would hesitate to call this place a hostel just because you get so many amenities. From the nice furnished rooms, to the remodeled bathrooms and the fancy Soaps, shampoos and conditioners. I almost felt guilty on my backpacking trip because this definitely was NOT roughing it. Breakfast was a simple continental with some sliced meats, lots of bread and lots to drink.
All in all I would stay there again. Great location, clean nice place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed in Sept 2013 for 1 and then 2 nights and found Los Aticos to be conveniently located, quiet, and the staff was extremely helpful. The rooms were spacious and they provided a space heater for us. They were clean and safe and for a great price. If you like a dark room; don't get #205. They kept our luggage stored for us while we went to Puno for a couple of days too.

Room Tip: Room 205 is not dark enough with street and corridor lights shining past the curtains.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 9 nights and we found it enjoyable. The staff were very nice and accommodating. The staff kept the hotel cleaned everyday. It served a very simple breakfast every morning (bread, tea, coffee,meat,cheese) which got you going on your day. The hotel has an atrium where all the rooms can look out to which can be bad or good for noise and light. Bathroom was clean and had an excellent hot water shower. In all honesty, it is not a fancy place you are not going to get fancy towels or hotel staff in uniforms. It does however a great job providing a comfortable environment after a long day of sightseeing.

Room Tip: A room higher up may be better for noise. Everyone gets up really early to go on their tours and if...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Los Aticos was great for our two-day visit to Cusco. It's location is very convenient and safe. The room was comfortable, clean and warm, although it could have had better ventilation. The staff was welcoming and helpful. The overall feel of the hotel is quaint and familiar. Although the breakfast could be better, guests are welcome to use the kitchen anytime, and there are coca leaves available to make tea. I highly recommend Los Aticos!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple