“A Consistent Crowd Pleasure”
Review of Royal Inka II

Royal Inka II
Ranked #53 of 173 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed October 24, 2012

As the former director of a medical NGO, I organized several volunteer groups to Peru. Inevitably, if the event was not in Cusco, every team wanted to visit Cusco and the ruins at M.P. Since 2006, I have scheduled at least ten teams to stay at the Royal Inka II and I have stayed on five occasions. It has never failed, from the reservation process, to the service upon arrival, the rooms, accommodations for special requests (early morning departures to catch the train to M.P.). The price is reasonable and the location is excellent. I will return again in March 2013.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a quieter room, ask to be located in the back area, not street side. Although...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 11, 2012

It's a lovely, traditional style Hotel. In my opinion,solo travelers/friends and couples will enjoy more this place than family with kids. Location:Is perfect(at the middle of the city). Price: Reasonable.Staff: Friendly,helpful and talkative. Rooms:Big,clean,confortable,hot water. Breakfast: Very nice breakfast Buffet...delicious!. My husband and I spent 3 nights there, and We would stay there again. I recommend it, enjoy Cusco!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed in both Royal inca one and two. Would have to say royal inca 2 is nicer, though the service is fantastic in both. The food was also very good.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Everyone at the front desk was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good and plentiful and featured omelettes made to order. The rooms were clean and there was abundant hot water with great pressure. The hotel is located close to the main square and there are several good restaurants within a couple block walk.

I was part of a group (VOSH) doing an eye care mission at the regional hospital. One of the best parts of our stay at the Royal Inka II was getting to know Christian. He works the front desk in the evenings. After working nights, he went to the hospital with us and volunteered his time helping to translate and keep order at the clinic.

I would recommend the Royal Inka II without hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights (2 nights then travelled around and returned for another 2 nights). The second time was like coming home! The staff were welcoming and happy and helpful. The place is a little tired around the edges but we had two excellent rooms with 4 queensize beds. Lots of sleeping options! Rooms were serviced beautifully every day and everything was clean. We left a bottle of wine in storage when we went travelling and the staff made sure it was kept cold for our return! The place has atmosphere, is in a great location two short blocks from the main square and breakfast is excellent. Ask for poached eggs if you don't like omelettes - they were great. We didn't eat in the restaurant at night so can't comment on that but they did have the pizza oven going one cold night when we returned and it looked fabulous.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank cathydel
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We loved staying at this hotel. In fact, we have been travelling for quite a while and this has been our favourite. The room we had was enormous. It was clean, warm, comfortable and we loved coming back to it. The location is excellent. The breakfast was nice. The staff were friendly. The price was fair. There is nothing bad to say about this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the road which was just perfect.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChristineandBrendon
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights during the end of a solo visit to the Sacred Valley. I read reviews that the hotel needs updating, that it was in a good location, and that the breakfast buffet was excellent. I cared more about the location than anything else.
Traveling solo, I liked that the hotel was just a couple of blocks from the main square (Plaza de Armas) and just down the street from a large square (cannot recall the name). On the morning before my flight, there was a large gathering at the square of children dressed in their colorful native attire. It was the first day of the Festival of the Sun celebration, and the children looked adorable. The location of the hotel was great for visiting landmarks around the City, going to restaurants and the area felt very safe, even at night.
Regarding the hotel needing updating, the hotel was very large and appeared to be rather grand in its' heyday. However, compared to the B&B and small hotel that I stayed in Ollantaytambo and Aquas Calientes, this place felt safe and secure. I also liked that there was heat in the rooms because I literally froze at the other places.
The second evening of my stay, I became extremely ill with vomiting, diarrhea and shivering. I attributed this to a restaurant I had eaten at earlier. The following day, I didn't have the strength to visit the Sunday Pisac Market as I had wanted and just stayed in bed most of the day. I was so thankful for having heat in the room. I managed to make it downstairs that morning for fruit and juice. The staff appeared concerned and asked if there was anything they could do.
The hotel had a spa, sauna and jacuzzi. In consideration of my chills, and body aches from the previous week's excursions, I decided to use the sauna and jacuzzi. I had to wait until 3pm for it to open however, the hot water and steam was so therapuetic. Actually, the water was so hot in the pool, I had to keep getting out to cool off -lol. The cost was only $17 for 2 hours, although I did not need 2 full hours. Perhaps if I had someone else to talk to. I felt so much better afterward.
My room was an adequate size but smaller than the other 2 locations that I had stayed. The shower had plenty of hot water, the bed was comfortable, and the breakfast buffet was filling, with made to order omelets, bread, pastry, meat, and freshly made juices. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo