“Best location , best price, incredible service”
Review of Royal Inka I

Royal Inka I
Ranked #41 of 165 Hotels in Cusco
Lima Region, Peru
“Best location , best price, incredible service”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

If I m back in Cusco, Royal Inka hotels in Cusco and Pisac are the best, clean, good service, incredible locación , lovely bar and the of the best GM , Mr Alex , always around and ready to solve any situation in any language, warm , professional and of course a gentelman
If you choose a hotel in Cusco, don't have other option than Royal Inka and Royal Inka Pisac

• Stayed March 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Amsterdam
Reviewed August 27, 2011

We found the Royal inka 1 to be a pretty good hotel all in all. The rooms are all up to USA standards, and the staff were helpful and spoke pretty good English as well. The rooms were well appointed and up to date. I think the location is what really make this a good stay, as your a short walk (a few blocks) from most of the major sites directly in Cusco. We also arranged our Machu Pichu tour with these guys and therefore I think we got a pretty good deal all in all (I compared with some other people there and we underpaid a fair amount). The restaurant was above average, but not incredible either our dinners and breakfasts were included in our tour and they just let us choose anything we wanted off the menu. Although for breakfast the restaurant room was full it was normally pretty empty when we went there at night. I think I had my favorite Pisco Sour there at the front bar (and I was trying those all over peru). I did get deli belly while there, but I chalk it up to a buffet touristico (even the name makes me feel queasy) on one of our sacred valley tour days. Be very careful of any tourist buffet in peru but that wasn't directly the hotels fault either. They always have a big heated dispenser of coca tea in the lobby so if your starting to feel the altitude you always have that available. They helped us to arrange transfers and taxis and all ran smoothly. We even asked the front desk to hold on to one of our bags for a week or two until we could return for them and everything was fine when we got them again. They even did laundry for us and it was all returned cleaner then if we had done it ourselves, I still remember one of my t-shirts had a stain on it for a long time and they got it out.

Room Tip: Book with a package, call them up and discuss all of the options, they seemed to be able to adjust t...
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 20, 2011

The front desk people, the waiters, the cleaning ladies, everyone here is so friendly, helpful, and accomodating. A+ service! Not one complaint. The rooms are clean and warm and the inner terrace was beautiful & airy. Free Wi-Fi too. The breakfast is just juice, omlettes, potatoes, and bread but the dinner menu is delicious and priced right. Get their vegetable soup--yummy. They serve hot cocoa leaves tea all day/night in the lobby. The bar service is great too--yummy pisco sours. I'd come back here because its in the plaza center, its super clean, the beds are warm & clean, the hot showers are hot, and the service was awesome. (This hotel used to be the house of some famous politican who helped win independence from Spain hundreds of yrs ago. Neat history bit.)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I've come to Peru for the last four years. Last year a tour guide put us in a different hostel in Cusco. It was a welcome site to be at The Royal Inka front door this trip.
Nice people, good food & tea, great breakfast. The food is made to order, so have time to enjoy the beautiful dinning room, conversation, or simply time with yourself plus journal.
I'd go back in a minute.....and a little cash.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great. There is a heater, if it's winter. And all the rooms are great!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank CatherineS57
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 14, 2011

After staying in a cold place up on the hill, we walked into Royal Inka and bargained our price for the next night's stay. We were so glad we switched. The whole place is very warm, you can feel the heat right when you walk into the lobby.

Locationwise it's just next to the big plaza so it's closed to everything and it's very safe walking around even at night. The best part is their unlimited broiled coca tea (not tea bag) with fresh limes in the lobby, always warm and plentiful. We sometimes came back to sip some tea and went right out for more activities.

Breakfast is good and all the staff are friendly.

The nice doorman showed us all the rooms available until we are satisified. The first room we had was right over the plaza with balcony. This room is very old but comfortable.

We were stuck in Cuzco one full day because of the strike in Puno. Before we took the night bus to Puno, we were able to get a room to rest during the day with very reasonable price. This time we chose a room on the higher floor with newer facility. We had a great rest.

When it's time for us to go to bus terminal, the night shift doorman helped us hailed taxi, bargained taxi fare and noted down taxi plate number for us.

I would definitely stay here when coming back to Cuzco again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Milan, Italy
Reviewed April 9, 2011

We went to see the hotel and they showed us a very nice and new room with a king sized bed, bath tub and all the fixins'. We decided to take it and reserved and payed for the room which we would take 2 nights later for 2 nights, since we were leaving later that day and staying in the sacred valley and aguas calientes. When we got back from our trip the night of our reservation they told us that they had made a mistake and gave the room to someone else. They showed us other rooms which had nothing to do with the one we payed for and kept showing us rooms with 2 single double beds.(this process took about 3 hours )
We asked for our money back, and they would not give it to us, since the manager wasn't there .... we finally gave up and said we wanted to see the manager first thing in the morning, and we stayed in an old tacky room with a broken shower and stains on the wall.
The next morning we saw the manager she was very rude, and threatened to fire the guy who made the mistake, (tactic to make the client feel bad) we asked for our money back and they said since we stayed they would not give it back. we still had payed for 2 nights so they would not give us back even the second night. after much fighting we demanded a discount, and all we got was a 5 dollar discount on the 140 dollar 2 night stay.

I understand there can be a mistake but it's up to the management to fix it and not be the client who end up paying for their mistake, or make them feel bad by telling them they will fire the guy who made the mistake. this could all have been avoided by an honest excuse and an offering of gratitude for the client.

Room Tip: go to another hotel (there are only 3 good rooms )
Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Erika_e_Bruno
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 16, 2011

We were met at the airport by a man who escorted us (in a taxi) to the hotel. Since we were going to Machu Picchu, he offered to stop to pick up our Machu Picchu and bus tickets on the way back from the airport. We deferred and he insisted we had to pick them up that day since the office for the MP tickets would be closed the following day. We were exhausted and slightly "altitude sick" and decided to take our chances. Of course, the place to purchase MP tickets was open the next day and there was no problem getting the tickets. We also found that when hotel personnel at the door got a taxi for us, the cost was higher than if we ourselves got one outside the hotel door. We were also "offended" by the TIPS jar at the inclusive and mediocre breakfast "buffet". We had wonderful experiences in other Peru cities but this left us very disappointed.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple