“Good property with Very Poor Customer Service”

Orquidea Real Hostal
Ranked #37 of 365 Cusco B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Good property with Very Poor Customer Service”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at this property, a good property with Very Poor Customer Service. Checked in late at 10:00 pm. After check in asked the girl at the front desk what time was the check out and she said 8:00 am, so I requested if it is possible to check out later. She said No, but later agreed for 9am, and said if later I have to pay 25% of the one day rent, because they have someone coming in that day. But next day during check out I asked another girl at the front desk, who was nice, and she said no issues I could have checked out little later, because they had no one coming till 2:30 PM that afternoon.

Also the beds were squeaking and made noise.

The first front office girl had very bad attitude.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Singapore
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stay here for 6 nights and also left my luggage here when I visited Machu Picchu. Staff are helpful and friendly, just make your requests. It's a very affordable place so you get what you pay. Clean and cosy rooms and very near the the main square & restos so location is ideal. Room had a heater which was ideal for me. Bed and pillows were a bit too soft/flat for me though. You can also requests for the type of eggs u want for breakfast plus coca tea or coffee.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Very nice hotel, good location, excellent staffs. They are very kind, help me to carry the luggage. Inform me tour messages....
The hotel is on the hill. Therefore, you can see the beautiful views of Cuzco.
The breakfast is served early, nice room. I love everything from this hotel and Cuzco

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed here for the 2 days I was in Cusco. Small, narrow building, and rooms (at least mine) somewhat dingy because of limited natural lighting, but its location and the most accommodating of staff more than make up. Barely a five-minute walk to decent restaurants, even a supermarket. A mere three blocks from the Plaza de Armas. While the hostel requires a 45- or 50-step climb up a kind of side alley to reach its doors, that's actually a good thing, since its distance from the busy street below keeps the place quiet. To my amazement, the fab staff were there at steps' bottom when my taxi arrived to help me with my luggage, and accorded me the same selfless assistance upon my departure. In fact, during my entire stay all were most eager to help in any way possible. A pleasant, included breakfast is served starting at 5:00 AM in a sunny upstairs dining room with views of the surrounding city. Very enjoyable stay. I would go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Prince George, Virginia
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is a nice little hotel that is very close to the city square - maybe a 5 minute walk. The staff was incredibly helpful and attentive. They also speak a good bit of English, which is quite helpful if your Spanish isn't too strong. It is very cute & comfortable. We were really happy here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed in the Orquidea Real at the beginning and end of our 4 day Inca Trail hike. They stored our luggage over the hike and had everything ready and waiting for us in our rooms when we got back. The folks working there were more than happy to assist in whatever way possible, and despite me not speaking Spanish, everything worked out perfectly. Warm water, big beds, clean towels, and easily withing walking distance of anything in Cusco you might want to go to.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank jkunk
New York
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great little hotel. More like a small B&B then a real hotel. Very close to the city square and just down the hill from the San Blas area. We stayed in two different rooms at our stay there, once before our trip to Machu Picchu and again afterwards. The staff was very accommodating and alerted us to our scheduled activities the next day, including pickup time and wake up calls as well as what we would need. The only complaint that we had was that the pillows were a bit uncomfortable and probably need to be replaced in all the rooms

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple