$117
Priceline
$462
$445
1,684 results
All reviewsinca trailmachu picchugreat hoteleggsbusiness centercoca teayogurtquiet streetbreadhot watermain plazasacred valleysan blasthe hotel staffstored our luggagehotel is locatedfew blocks
Reviewed September 23, 2006

Luxembourg, Europe

We were invited to a wedding in Lima and decided to visit Cusco as well. I had originally booked a rather expensive hotel but when I read the reveiws for this hostel I decided to cancel my original reservation and book this hostel instead. We arrived and were greated by very friendly staff. The room was nothing close to luxury but it was clean and the bed was fantastic. Considering the price and the location I think there is no better place to stay in Cusco than here. I would choose it again if I am ever coming back to Cusco.

Stayed: May 2006
7  Thank Luxembourg13
Reviewed September 23, 2006

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2006

Down a back-street of Cuzco is the Hostal Rumi Punku. Not much to look at from the front (apart from the impressive gateway that had a locked gate) but once inside we were in a delightful courtyard with rooms off it.

A very clean and well maintained place with a lovely breakfast room and balcony from which you could look over the rooftops in tranquility.

The place was very close to the 5* Monasterio on a street that had cafe's, internet cafes, small shops and lots of laundry services. It was only two blocks (5 minutes walk) from the main square but as the road was a dead end, there was no passing traffic and the place was very peaceful.

The only negative was that they couldn't cope with our early starts to Manu and to the airport on our second stay - breakfast started at 6 and there was no moving it as "the bread won't have arrived".

That aside, the rooms were good, warm and very clean.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank Dave1959
Reviewed August 21, 2006

We stayed at the Hostal Rumi Punku on three separate nights in July 2006.

Pros: We booked through the website, which was very convenient and designed to accept reservations for non-consecutive nights.
- The common areas of the hotel 'compound' are especially pretty: a nice courtyard, upstairs patio and indoor lounge area.
- In terms of logistics, our airport pick-up met us right on time and there was no problem storing our bags.
- The service was friendly and helpful.
- Consistent hot water and complimentary heaters.
- Good location: street was quiet at night but a close walk to the center of the action.

Cons: Rooms themselves vary in size and brightness (we stayed in three different rooms). None are spectacular, but it seems unlikely you'll be hanging out in your room. If you are particular about such things, the 3rd floor seemed to get more light.

I place a high value on atmosphere and good service and this place had both in spades. We elected to save money by staying at Rumi Punki in Cuzco and splurging elsewhere on our honeymoon and we were very happy with that decision. As long as you're not expecting the Monasterio or the Novotel, it's more than adequate and definitely above average in terms of value for money.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mimi76
Reviewed August 9, 2006

My husband and I stayed at Rumi Punku five nights (supposed to be four but I got very sick from altitude on our "last" night), and we thought it was very charming and comfortable. I believe the staff member we thought was so nice is Jorge. The price was right, and the beds were great. Bathroom had new and clean tile with hot water.

It was so convenient to Cusco sights of interest, shopping and other essentials like a full-service laundry and many great restaurants right on the same street. Try Inca Fe. It doesn't look like much, but the food was great! We also enjoyed A Mi Manera nearby.

The breakfast was good for Peru. Don't compare to the U.S. or U.K. Not many countries focus on breakfast it seems. It was better than the Mediterranean countries I've visited.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple