“Nice location in Cusco”
Review of Hotel Rumi Punku

Hotel Rumi Punku
Ranked #18 of 170 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stayed 3 nights this past week, 2 nights before we went to MP, and one night on our way back. They kept our luggage and kept them ready in our rooms when we retuned. The rooms were nice and clean, and the hotel building itself was very charming. I asked them to arrange for a private car for 2 days to visit Pisac and the sacred valley but was quite a bit more expensive than going and negotiating with someone off the street. I thought it was better to go with a known service and we had no issues with the car or the driver. The only issue I had was they would not pick us up from the bus terminal ( they offered airport pickup) and the taxi to the airport was also a bit overpriced.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Rumi Punku

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Rumi Punku is located a short walk from Plaza Aramas with plenty to see and do right outside the hotel doors. The hotel is decorated nicely with lots of natural light, plants, terraces and you get a very lovely local vibe. The common areas were nice, with comfy couches and the rooms were tidy. The water pressure on the showers were fantastic too, especially compared to other, much more expensive hotels we stayed at over the course of our time in Peru.

The staff is particularly pleasant. Naya and Michelle at the front desk gave were extremely helpful, gave us great recommendations and always greeted us with big smiles and laughed at our lame jokes.

A+++ would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jonathan C
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Beautiful hotel full of courtyards and friendly people.
Free coca tea 24/7 to help with altitude.
Friendly staff.
Nice, clean rooms.
Mini fridges and free bottled water when you check in.
Ability to store luggage - very helpful if doing Inca Trail etc.
Yummy breakfast (included in price).
TV in rooms.
Free wifi (!)
Great location.

Room Tip: I stayed in four separate rooms while in and out of Cusco and they were all different but lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank hayleyshannon
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days, they offer free airport pick-up and you are greeted with coca tea
Hotel rooms very well equipped with everything you need to relax.
They have a good breakfast you can order eggs ,there are too, juices, fruit, breads, milk, coffee, cereals etc..
The staff was attentive and friendly they can provide oxygen if is necessary as well.
What impressed me was the door of the hotel, which is an Incas door that still there for 500 years
Rumi punku is highly recommended

Room Tip: Room on the top floor have good view
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The Hotel RumiPunku was amazing, it has great location, just walking distance to the main square.
The Hotel staff was very helpful.
this hotel have nice patios and the room have nice design ,there is coca tea all day if you need for the altitud sickness, they have storage room to keep your suitcases.
I was during the Cusco festivites and I realy recomend this hotel

Room Tip: You can leave your bags in the storage for free if you want
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank JMMACKENZIE M
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I stayed for 4 days and there are quite a few things that are really great about this hotel: location great, breakfast awesome, rooms nice and best of all Karina who arranged my airport pick up and tours and when I became sick and had to come back from Machu Picchu early I text her and she was there waiting at the train station. However on the last day I was there my camera went missing from my room and as soon as I realized it was missing I went to the front desk, the GM Jesus accused me of not knowing where it was or leaving it somewhere else, I told him come to my room and look through my things to prove it was not there, he did come to my room and did go through my things and of course no camera. He said he would talk to the owner, however in the morning when I was ready to leave he was not there but they called him and he said he was told by a clerk at the desk that I had found the camera, which again was not true. I felt the entire time they were accusing me of lying. I was very up set about the way I was treated on the issue and it is very unfortunate that such a nice place otherwise would treat someone this way.

Room Tip: Off one of the patios
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Manager339, Manager at Hotel Rumi Punku, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Tacchix.-
We are very sorry for your comments, regarding your loss camera, our apologizes about you have felt accused of lying at no time, was never our intention to make you feel in that way, what we tried to explain is that we often receive complaints from guests staying at our hotel, informing us that has lost something of their rooms and after them checked their stuff well and inquire elsewhere where they stayed before could be a restaurant or shops, these objects were found.
The hotel has staff working for over eight years and have never had such problems also you can corroborate this with almost 1,000 comments on the tripadvisor that we have, but in reference to this case we have done extensive research, we even been at the workers guilt home with the policy to searched your camera and we finally notice together that unfortunately nothing has been found.
On our part we have done enough to locate your lost camera and there is unfortunately a possibility that you have brought your camera with you in your purse without being certain of it at the time that you left your room for lunch, then probably someone has stolen your camera from it which is unfortunately common in Peru.
On behalf of management we ask the appropriate apologies, for having offended sense in that accuse you of lying we repeat that was never our intention to make you feel in that way.

Managment

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Unless you are opting for a dirt cheap hostel with shared ammenities and people leaving on trips constantly at 4am, this is your hotel. Dollar for dollar, this hotel was a steal. Great rooms, very clean, nice showers and beautiful surroundings. It was very very quiet, and we loved the street it was on, just minutes from the main square. Some of the best restaurants we found in all of Cusco were just a few steps away.

There are 3 choices for laundry service just outside the hotel, which was very convenient. I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else on our next trip to Cusco.

The front desk was extremely helpful with cabs, restaurant suggestions, and even locating a motorcycle rental company. They held bags for us while trekking and were ready to help 24/7.

The breakfast was outstanding, definitely not your cheap & basic offerings of most hotels.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends