“Incredible hotel, affordable, friendly, great location!”
Review of Hotel Rumi Punku

Hotel Rumi Punku
Ranked #18 of 169 Hotels in Cusco
Tallahassee, Florida
“Incredible hotel, affordable, friendly, great location!”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

My sister and I stayed here on our vacation to Peru! It was such a lovely hotel with amazing accommodations! They held our luggage, free of charge, while we visited Machu Picchu which was so convenient! They exchanged money for us, always offered free tea, and kept the hotel spotless! The location was great too! Less than a 5 minute walk to the Plaza and less than 1 minute from restaurants and shops to purchase water and snacks. Probably one of the best hotel I've ever stayed at while traveling abroad anywhere! Highly recommend them!

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Korean first
Ashland, OR
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I loved this hotel walking in. It's close enough to the Plaza de Armas and it's classic and set in a sweet garden type setting. The breakfast buffet was good enough with a nice selection of fruits, cheeses and meats and eggs to order. My room on the other hand left quite a bit to be desired.

The room itself was small and not very well appointed at all. The bed and pillows were comfortable but the bathroom while functional, was very small and cheaply finished. I travel in South America, Asia and Europe quite a lot so I am use to small rooms and baths, but the ones here were just done cheaply.

I also stayed at Casa Andina during this trip and for $20-25 per day more, you get a lot more hotel and services. If I could give it a 3.5 star rating I would but I will err on the nice side.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank smarsman
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed here for a very short overnight on the way to Lima and I wish we had more time there.

The hotel is on a quiet street with an easy and safe walk to the Plaza de Armas- perhaps 10 min?

The front door is part of entryway of a ruin and the inside is several buildings with beautiful courtyards with fountains and greenery. There was even a hot tub!

Our room was right off the main area and came with a sign that asked people to be quiet certain hours and there was even ear plugs on our pillow along with the chocolate- so we were really worried about getting any sleep. But either I was really tired or there wasn't any noise cos the next thing I knew my alarm was going off.

The room had an assortment of snacks and even a full bottle of wine for sale.

The beds were comfortable and the room had a heater - which was nice because it was chilly.

Breakfast was an assortment of hot and cold items. We had to leave before they were completely set up so we got to sample just a little of what was available but it all was delicious.

Room Tip: Ask for a room well away from the main area.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
sydney
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed at this hotel before and after doing the machu pichu trek. As with many hotels I have found in Peru, the staff are very friendly and service orientated. They seem to go an extra step you would rarely find in other countries.

The hotel is located walking distance to Cusco square but far enough that you won't hear the noise especially on a friday night which can get quite loud.

The building itself is an old building what looks like has been built on the old Incan foundation stones. It has 3-4 floors with stair (no elevators). The rooms I stayed in were fairly small with not much natural lights but served its purpose. The hotel provides ear plugs in the room which is probably a reflection on the old building and its poor sound insulation. However, I did not need the ear plugs during my stay.

There is a nice small communal eating area with couches where you can sip coca tea. The breakfast which was included as part of my stay was delicious and fresh.

I would recommend this hotel for people who want a quiet place to relax. If you are looking for a place with a bar to party this is not it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed in this hotel on two occasions while living in Peru. Once over New year and on another occasion in March this year.

It's location means it's quite which in Cusco is rare as it's a beautiful but noisy Peruvian city. The hotel is set in several beautiful court yards and the rooms while not flashy are extremely comfortable.

The breakfast is tremendous for Peru and is included in the price.

I would definitely stay here if I return to Cusco again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Angewilks
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We stayed at Rumi for five nights (2 before hike and 3 nights after) before and after our hike in the valley and this was one of the nicest hotel at in Cusco. The staff are so very professional and friendly, the management is wonderful and the rooms are very clean and spacious enough with a charming views over a lovely internal courtyard, with wider views out over the roof tops of Cusco itself. Nice western-style bathroom facilities and plentiful hot water. The breakfasts are very good with variety of food. variety of hot drink (tea) are available 24 hours. Dinning room opens at 5a.m. for breakfast, but they prepared breakfast for us on the morning of hike which was 4 a.m. The hotel is centrally located with walking access to all major Cusco must see attractions. any request that we had from desk, it was fulfilled right away. if we leaved any belonging at the front desk, it was delivered to our room. We were truly able to relax and enjoy what was our best trip in Cuzco and Peru!
Thank you Rumi Puku staff and management

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Great location, very nice room and helpful staff. Just far enough from downtown so you don't have to deal with the noise.
The room was perfect for 4 people, plenty of room. Extremely happy with the service

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family