“Nice looking place, but very noisy”
Review of Hotel Rumi Punku

Hotel Rumi Punku
Ranked #18 of 170 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Nice looking place, although I found the reception staff a little unfriendly and slow. The rooms are on the small side and a little dark, but not unplesant. It's also not particularly cheap for this standard of hotel in Cusco at $130 a room - and if you want to the use the sauna and jacuzzi it's another $15 per person. My main gripe with the place is that it's noisy. I love to stay in charming old buildings like this, but if you're going to pay above the going rate, then the hotel needs to put in some decent glazing and sound proofing. The only thing the management has done here is to put lots of signs all over the hotel telling the guests to keep quiet for the sake of other guests. Well, they may as well herd cats. Excited tour groups and people coming in late at night after a few drinks are not going to tone it down when they're happy and excited. Better get to the root of the problem and invest some of the money that the guests are overpaying compared to similar hotels in Cusco and install some decent sound proofing and double glazing. When they do this, I might consider coming back.

Room Tip: If they have rooms away from the courtyard and patio areas, it might be better, but I don't know...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Don M
There are newer reviews for Hotel Rumi Punku

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed with my family for 4 nights in this hotel. We booked 2 rooms (one superior room and one standard). Both were very good rooms, superior rooms is of course much bigger with a king size bed, nice sitting area and coffee table, with a small balcony and great view. The standard room had two beds and a small working table. Both rooms had fridges (altough not really needed). The hotel is very nice and quiet, I had a GREAT night sleep and I loved the way there are details everywhere, with nice decor, lots of plants, a very big and nice breakfast area with a decent variety of foods. The service is great!!! I would definitely recommend specially the superior room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed here before and after our 4 day Inca Trail hike. We were in a triple room and although it was in the center of the hotel it was still quiet and very comfortable. The rooms were very decent sized, the free coca was great, and the daily breakfast was yummy (they make you eggs if you ask). The hotel staff and service were also wonderful and we never had any issues that they were not overly accommodating about. I also loved the location of this hotel as it was off the main square and walking distance to most parts of Cusco that you'd want to visit. The only downfall was that it took a long time (almost 10 minutes) for the hot water to kick in. I've already recommended this hotel to most of my friends visiting Cusco!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BunnyMR
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My friend and I had a fantastic stay at Rumi Punku. The rooms were nice and warm, location was perfect [close to the square, but not too close/noisy] and most of all the service was fantastic! I would recommend this hotel to all my friends :)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed here before and after a four day hike on the Inca Trail. Was a perfect place to get acclimated and it was lovely to return "home" following the hike. Our room (for three) was spacious and airy. The beds were extremely comfortable with crisp linens and bright coverlets. The room and the rest of the hotel was clean, elegantly simple and extraordinarily homey. We loved the breakfast -- delicious rolls and strong coffee,fresh fruit, local grain cereal, plus eggs to order. The wi-fi was a perk as we'd left anxious families back in the states. The entire staff was gracious and friendly. A quiet, centrally located place to begin (or end) your Peruvian adventure.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a family, room 214 is large with three good sized beds and a beautiful cou...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I cannot praise enough the service at Rumi Punku. We were picked up at the airport and taken care of till we left a few days later. They can handle anything you need. We took a private car tour through the Sacred Valley while the staff bought our tickets for the next days adventure. We found the recommendations from the staff to be the best use of time and money. The hotel itself is beautiful and the rooms are well appointed. I highly recommend staying here for the best service on a wonderful adventure in a historic city.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HB1230
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My son and I stayed here before and after the 4 day Macchu Pichu trek. It's in a perfect location on a quiet street within a short walking distance of the town center. Lots and lots of little restaurants, cafes, vendors nearby. The hotel was clean, lovely, and quiet! (yay!). The architecture is beautiful, and the courtyards are lush. Breakfast was served in a large sunny room with windows opening to the street, and the food was fresh and healthy. Beds were comfy, the people were helpful. The pickup and dropoff at the airport went super smoothly. When I go back, I will stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family