“Good location and nice courtyard”
Review of Hotel Rumi Punku

Hotel Rumi Punku
Ranked #18 of 170 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed November 4, 2012

hotel rumi punku had courteous staff, a decent enough breakfast with lovely fresh juices. The rooms were spacious and nice but not very lavish. They had hot water which was great. We stayed for 3 nights then went on the inca trail, left our luggage with them and returned for a final night with our luggage waiting in our room

Room Tip: we stayed on the ground floor outside the courtyard and it was quite noisy in the morning. On our re...
There are newer reviews for Hotel Rumi Punku

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I travel to Cusco often for business and I have never had a problem witht the service. There are many people who review that do not realize that they are staying in a historical building. For example the walls are made from stone not drywall, therefore they are not insulated and thus do not absorb sound. If sound is a problem for you then wear ear-plugs, I do and I never have problems being woken up early. Sound is obviously a problem in Cusco as well as ALL of South America, so be smart and be prepared.
The food is great quality, and always fresh. The receptionists are extremely helpful and nice.
Might I also suggest utilizing their spa afteryour trip to Machu-Picchu or other sites. The rooms are clean, the location is great and the place is beautiful.
I highly recommend this place.

Please please keep in mind that when you are traveling to Cusco, it is a historical city with very strict building codes, therefore even if you choose to stay in a newly constructed 5 star hotel there will be noise because they are forced to build in a way to make it blend in with the other buildings there-by keeping a uniformity in the city center.

Come to Cusco with an open mind and enjoy yourself, this is my second home most of the year and I love it. Everytime I have to go back home in Texas I miss my time in South America and realize that all of the small inconvienences are simply that, just small inconvienences.
As a businessman I plead with you to realize when you read bad reviews for any restaraunt, hotel etc. that the person reviewing may have just had a bad day and may not be accurately representing the truth.

Room Tip: Stay on the third floor if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Rumipunku with my husband, the staff from the Hotel picked me up from the airport , when we get to the hotel I was greeted in the lobby with coca tea.
We were allocated in a very nice room where you can see the courtyard, the room was very clean.
The Hotel staff gave us tourist information with a map of the city and helped us to make our reservations for our dinner at different restaurants.
The hotel has very good location 05 minutes from the main square and next to the traditional neighborhood of San Blas.
The breakfast was excellent, where you can have cereals, juices, bread, and eggs to order,... the laundry service was very fast we left it in the morning and we found it, the same day in our room.
When we went to Machu Picchu,we left our luggage in the storage, when we come back a day later, our luggage was already in the room that was very good service, we had a wonderful stay

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Velcy P
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The Hotel is beautiful and a worthwhile experience. Be aware that the bathroom is in the lower floor with steep stairs. Some rooms are very far from the entrance, restaurant and lobby, and while there is a boogie service, it is inconvenient. The road to the hotel is a disaster. It is in such bad shape (July 2012) that the

Room Tip: The hotel has excellent attention. It's clean and is not expensive.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank John V
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed at this hotel less than a week ago. We stayed for a night, as part of an excursion to Macchu Picchu. The agency offered another 3 star hotel, but based on reviews, we chose this property as the other one had not so good reviews. So, based on TA reviews and the assurance from the agency that this hotel was acceptable, we chose this property.

I am so dissapointed that I chose to stay at this hotel and did not ask to be placed in a true 4 or 5 star property. It was simply the place that put a sour note on an otherwise perfect trip to Perú. Rooms are small and lackluster. Bathroom had a bit of mold. Many windows (including those at bathrooms) face corridors and/or other rooms. You can hear EVERY SINGLE NOISE that neighbors make (from small talk, to toilets flushing), and beds are hard, hard, hard. My husband could barely sleep during the night and I kept on waking up due to noises, the room got warm (no A/C), and the bed was simply not comfortable at all. To make matters worse, we were woken up two times during early morning (5:30 and 6:30 am) with a loud noise of what seemed to be some sort of train or truck. Noise was quite the huge problem. Breakfast was terrible. There was a very limited selection of food and the bread was hard and stale. Stay elsewhere.

5  Thank KaremRG
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed here three days before going to the Amazon for a week, and then 2 nights after returning. The staff kept the bulk of our luggage when we went to the Amazon. The hotel is beautiful, with some original Incan stonework and the classic doorway, and also has many lovely outdoor patios. The staff is incredibly helpful, and the breakfasts are good (with lots of fresh fruit and fresh fruit juices, yogurt, and option for eggs) and convenient (5am - 10am). There's a cozy lounge for watching TV or reading by the cool fire place, with tea available 24/7. The bathrooms are modern and well-stocked, with a good shower and plenty of hot water. The rooms have a small refrigerator with some drink and food items that came in handy when my husband was sick for a few days. The street has lots of laundry services with same-day turn around, and also some decent cafes. The location is convenient to the Plaza de Armas and San Blas Plaza, and is quiet. It was a really enjoyable experience!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

"I was very, very happy with this hotel. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable and pleasant hotel that exudes the local charm and has extremely polite, attentive, and service-oriented staff, your search stops here.
Clean - as measured by my very exacting standards. This will be appreciated the instant you enter the room, and if you do the Inca Trail (during which time you will encounter some of the filthiest restrooms you've ever seen, beckoning you to take care of your business other ways), the cleanliness of this room and restroom in particular will be all the more appreciated. The hardwood floors, rare in most hotels, aids in maintaining cleanliness of the floors.
Comfortable - while the rooms are not spacious, the beds and linens are comfortable.
Pleasant - there are many beautiful patio areas strewn all about the hotel, some rather isolated, affording some privacy. The potted plants and local flowers all about add to the pleasant feel.
Staff - while so much is great about this hotel, the staff were phenomenal. They will pick you up from the airport free of charge. They can arrange well-priced tours for you to the local sites. No one in my party had to avail themselves of this, but the hotel even has oxygen tanks and basic medical capabilities to aid those with altitude sickness. While the area did not at all seem unsafe, there is, for what its worth, security at the door 24 hours/day. We had realized on our checkout date that we booked our 2 rooms for one night more than intended. While the staff would have had every right to charge us fully for the overbooked room, and while we were fully willing to pay the full price (especially as the rooms were relatively inexpensive), they only requested a 50% payment for that night - a kind and, I believe, rare gesture."

These are the comments of my friend- I couldn't have expressed better. We all had a very pleasant and comfortable stay. His words speak for us all (4 people in our group).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends