We were liked this hotel--from check-in onward. The staff seats you comfortably then brings you coca tea (to help with the altitude @ 11,000 feet). After we relaxed we were shown to our very clean rooms. The beds were comfortable with good sheets and comforters. The hotel is historical but very well maintained (although the floors creaked from the age it wasn't distracting). My adult son liked "the vibe" here. If you are inclined to walk (steep uphill) the Cuzco ruins are directly up the street that this hotel is on. It is also very close to the main square and we walked everywhere we went in town. Breakfast was in a room with three windowed sides and included fresh fruit, fresh local bread, cereals, yogurt, beverages, and eggs cooked to order. The bar was fun to hang out in pre-dinner. A great location, great value for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arqueologo is situated just a five-minute walk from Cusco's Main Square "Plaza de Armas", in the traditional San Cristobal neighborhood, with its narrow streets and Inca walls, colonial-era balconies and baroque churches. During the Inca period, our street was one of the main avenues of the imperial capital, connecting the center of the city with the great fortress of Saqsaywaman. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Arqueologo Exclusive Selection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arqueologo Exclusive Selection Cusco
- Arqueologo Exclusive Selection Hotel