“Good, clean, quiet, friendly, well located”

Hospedaje Turistico San Blas
Ranked #24 of 351 Cusco B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Good, clean, quiet, friendly, well located”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Clean sheets, room in good condition, even had a flatscreen TV. The water pressure in the bathroom was good, there was burning hot water but it would occasionally turn cold for a few seconds.
The breakfast was probably the best we had in the various hostels we stayed. There was wifi all around with good speed.

The hostel is quiet (not the backpackers party scene) and only a 5 min walk to Plaza Des Armas. We paid S90 for two and stayed in a 4 bed room!
recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I had planned to stay here for a longer term stay but my plans changed so I was here for 2 nights instead.

I had a single room with shared bathroom (I was on 2nd floor and bathroom was on 1st). The room was very clean and nice with a TV and phone. They also came in to clean every day which I appreciated since many places weirdly don't seem to.

I did find it somewhat noisy because the "window" in my room was right onto the stairs and didn't close completely I don't think. So I would hear people coming and going. And there's nothing like being woken up early by the little child that lives there playing in the open area. So super light sleepers should just figure out other arrangements or bring earplugs maybe.

In general its a great value though and it seems they're open to negotiation if you're staying longer (and I got an even cheaper price because I didn't want breakfast). The seemingly equal place practically across the street charges more than double what these guys do.

• Stayed November 2012
Lima, Peru
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have stayed at this "hostal" on 3 or 4 occasions. As stated on previous reviews, the staff lacks professional education, but the rooms are ok. Beds are firm, I always asked for a room with bathroom and always had hot running water. The central patio, which serves as breakfast and social area is large and kind of nice, uncommon to find at inexpensive "hostales". No luxury appointments though, but the place in functional and practical, if you can deal with the little lack of friendliness of the staff, which can be explained with lack of professional education. Breakfast is on the simple side, but you can serve yourself as many times as you want, and always found working WIFI internet at this place. This is an inexpensive hostal, if you expect 3 or 4 star hotel confort and service, chances are you´ll be disappointed, but, if are a more liberal/practical traveller that can deal with the few downsides (which are only a few) you´ll be happy to stay at a nice older building in a nice location and save some money. Must say I always left my laptop computer in my room and never had anything stolen from it.

Room Tip: Some rooms don´t have a window, unless this doesn´t bother you, make sure at the time you check in t...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alf Z
Sacramento, California
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Rather a funky, but fun place. All the rooms are different. It has a great location near the Plaza de Armas and decent prices. Watch out for Walter for he will try to short change you. A good value if you get all your change back.

Room Tip: Street side rooms can get very noisy depending on the night.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 27, 2012

It did the trick. The beds were comfortable enough to sleep in , the shower had hot water and the breakfast was pretty good. It's also in a good location. The staff didn't speak any English (the guy claimed to not know what water meant?! so I kind of think he was messing with us). The maid did steal $50 from me but that can happen anywhere, especially in developing countries. I got sloppy and left the money in one of the pockets of my suitcase. I didn't bother contacting the hostal about it because I didn't discover the missing $ until we were at the airport and they don't speak English. I can't say I recommend this place but it's not bad.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Not so clean. Not friendly at all. Breakfast is not good. Dirty tables always. U can find better places with that money. Dont book any trips with them. They were too high and thw service is not worthy. They let us in Machupicchu without guide at all. And they didnt wanna reimburse the money I spent. My honeymoon was spoiled thanks to them.

• Stayed May 2011
Konstanz, Germany
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for two nights and were quite satisfied. The hostal offers big rooms with basic equipment for a good price (we had haggled a bit). A nice thing is the included heater in every room and the public computer in the communal area. Also the breakfast is nice and the communal area itself underneath a big, colorfull glass roof is worth mentioning. Also the location is good as it is located right within walking distance of almost anything you might need or want to see.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple