“Alpaca Steaks”

Uchu Peruvian Steakhouse
Ranked #9 of 770 Restaurants in Cusco
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Uchu's kitchen is inspired by classic Peruvian recipes touched with contemporary sophistication. We also play with new ingredients taking new flavors and creating unequable experiences for the palate. Carved wooden bases, volcanic stones prepared at high temperatures, an ample selection of surf and turf ítems from which to choose, native aji creams and aromatic herbs allow us to provide a unique dining experience for all. Located in a colonial home in the center of Cusco, exposed adobe walls, clay, aged wood, avant garde textiles, candles and crystals create an eclectic ambience in which to enjoy your experience.
Reviewed January 10, 2014

After reading the reviews my girlfriend and I decided to eat at Uchu. I had the Alpaca Steak which was very good. They cook it per your request. My girlfriend had the combo platter, which was also good, but not as good as the Alpaca. If you go you must get the Alpaca Steak.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,103)

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

A must have in cusco. Reservations are recommended cause usually it is full. The dishes are wonderful and the staff is very friendly.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is a nice place to stop by for dinner. I ordered alpaca steak meal (~S./43) and my friend ordered a combo of beef, alpaca, and shrimp (~S./56).

I always love places that bring you the hot stone and let you cook it yourself and add your own seasonings. It makes it fun and interactive for whoever you are going out with. They have many other styles of dishes as well. The restaurant is very well-maintained, but like most Peruvian restaurants, the service leaves something to be desired.

Either way, it was worth a visit, and my friend and I were both quite satisfied.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was by far our best meal in Peru. I am still drooling over the delicious potato fritters, ceviche, and perfect meat we had at Uchu even now that I'm back home. We enjoyed the three meat combo with Lamb, Alpaca, and Filet and loved the yummy sauces, scrumptious sweet potatoes, and salad that it came with. We finished off our meal with Pisco mousse, which I devoured. I highly recommend Uchu for when you're in Cusco. Also-if you're staying at the JW Marriott, it's a very easy 5 minute walk.

1  Thank jaimie_u
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The restaurant was recommended by a local friend. We were not disappointed. My son & I had the alpaca hotplate which came with a variety of sauces - a really awesome meal. my wife had the alpaca Kebab which was also great & cam with a variety of sauces. As with all Peruvian 'Turistic' restaurants, the prices are a bit on the high side. Their selection of drinks & juices are good & are well presented. The toilets are a disappointment - but standard for Peru. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank Rainer S