“Amazing!”

Uchu Peruvian Steakhouse
Ranked #7 of 715 Restaurants in Cusco
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Uchu's kitchen is inspired by classic Peruvian recipes touched with contemporary sophistication. We also play with new ingredients taking new flavors and creating unequable experiences for the palate. Carved wooden bases, volcanic stones prepared at high temperatures, an ample selection of surf and turf ítems from which to choose, native aji creams and aromatic herbs allow us to provide a unique dining experience for all. Located in a colonial home in the center of Cusco, exposed adobe walls, clay, aged wood, avant garde textiles, candles and crystals create an eclectic ambience in which to enjoy your experience.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

I found this restaurant on Trip Advisor before I came and was greatly looking forward to the visit.

I was very very impressed with this restaurant, everything was spot on. I've eaten in many restaurants and many steakhouses around the world, I don't say that to look good, merely to say this was easily one of the best!

All three dishes were exceptional, from service to presentation to the taste. I went for the beef tenderloin and it was so good. I can understand people saying the Peruvian dips may be a little too spicy but they were perfect for me. I also enjoyed the fact every dish has a Peruvian influence. It's not going the American way like so many places in Peru are.

If you are chocolate lover like me, make sure you have the Chocolate Madness dessert, absolutely amazing.

I also had the pleasure of meeting the owners after the meal, very nice people. I wish them and Uchu all the best. Exceptional place.

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
“Decent food with a cool vibe”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We hat dinner here during our stay in cusco. The ambience was good, though quite dark. The wait staff was attentive and friendly. The food was decent not exceptional. Presentation was good and the dipping sauces were all tasty and original. I had a sampler of alpaca, beef, and chicken. Didn't care much for the alpaca and the beef tasted a bit peculiar as well. Dinner was very affordable(about $110USD) for a family of 4 and for the most part quite enjoyable. I would go back again but feel like this place is slightly over-hyped.

• Visited November 2013
“Best in Cusco”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I stopped in for lunch based upon the reviews and was not dissapointed. I started off with sopa criolla, which was one if the best soups I've ever had in my life. Then I got the mixed stone dish of alpaca, lamb, and mahi mahi. All of which were delicious. It came with a nice side of fried potatoes and a salad. Everything was delicious and the service was good. Also, the drinks from the bar were some of the best I had and were right up there with the Museo del Pisco. Definitely make sure to stop by if you are in Cusco.

USA
“Fond Farewell to Cusco”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Based upon TripAdvisor reviews, we chose to enjoy our final dinner in Cusco at Uchu Peruvian Steak House. The ceviche appetizer we shared was good, but certainly not the best we had in Peru. We ordered the stone-cooked alpaca and lamb as our entrees and both were excellent, but the dipping sauces were a bit too spicy for our liking. We ended up using only one of the four dipping sauces. The entrees came with a nice salad as well as a choice of potatoes and we ordered the crispy Peruvian fries (excellent) and the chili-peanut mashed potatoes (too spicy for us). For dessert we shared the Chocolate Madness and that was wonderful. The atmosphere was lovely, and the restrooms were nicely decorated. Prices, although a bit higher than some of the other restaurants we enjoyed in Cusco were still reasonable.

• Visited November 2013
Dublin
“Amazing ”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

What a lovely surprise. This place is fantastic, loved the décor! We shared à stuffed potatoe starter with curry and it was delicious. For main we had steak and prawns ( on the stone) which you cook yourself, so tasty. We went for the spécial red wine of the night which complimented our beautiful meal. The dessert (chocolaté trio) was to die for. Its à must visit, a nice treat for us bagpackers! Service is perfection, so attentive and so polite. Thank you all.