“Meat Sampler Excellent”

Uchu Peruvian Steakhouse
Ranked #17 of 805 Restaurants in Cusco
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Uchu's kitchen is inspired by classic Peruvian recipes touched with contemporary sophistication. We also play with new ingredients taking new flavors and creating unequable experiences for the palate. Carved wooden bases, volcanic stones prepared at high temperatures, an ample selection of surf and turf ítems from which to choose, native aji creams and aromatic herbs allow us to provide a unique dining experience for all. Located in a colonial home in the center of Cusco, exposed adobe walls, clay, aged wood, avant garde textiles, candles and crystals create an eclectic ambience in which to enjoy your experience.
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Reviews here made me want to try alpaca again, having been turned off by my first try somewhere else. Glad I did! Wife and I split the 3-meat sampler: alpaca, lamb, mahi. Came with four delicious sauces and served still sizzling on a hot stone, so we could take each meat off at exactly the right stage of "doneness". One order was plenty for both of us, along with ceviche and a salad, which we also split - had food left over. Dessert couldn't be resisted - ice cream was unlike anything ever had before. Altogether great restaurant, and Eddie our server helped make great wine selection as well. Suggest Uchu as "must try" in Cusco. (Butter sauce puts alpaca over the top.)

Write a ReviewReviews (2,211)

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Enjoyed a romantic evening here for our anniversary, staff was unbelievably accomodating and even brought us out an incredible pisco mousse to share on the house for our special day. Loved the alpaca and the mahi mahi -- extremely surprised at the fresh quality of the fish. Great wine, and are launching a new wine menu. Hopefully we'll be back to try it out.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

A wonderful restaurant with a great presentation. I had a number of different meats and all were delicious and I was able to adjust the preparation to my taste, but without feeling like I was doing the cooking. I was certainly full and quite satisfied. As with most nice Peruvian restaurants, expect to spend some time over dinner.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

This was the best restaurant I ate at while visiting Cusco. I had a glass of the Cabernet, the ceviche, and an Alpaca steak that was cooked to perfection. Everything including the service and atmosphere were wonderful.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

At first I thought this was just a common restaurant. The menu looks very inviting yet the environment is very cozy. Some table settings can really makes you feel at home. The appetizers, Soups, Salads and desserts are all pretty much standard in other restaurants. But the main highlight was the meat that your ordered eventually cooked on a very hot stone. looks like sizzling style but the instead of metal, this is a stone. The sounds created was so tempting and made me even drool more.

Highly recommended!