“Wonderful Unique Quality Jewelry Made At Andean Magic Art Jewelry in Cusco”

Andean Magic Art Jewelry
Ranked #26 of 57 Shopping in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: Andean Magic Art Jewelry is a Cusco-based company that makes natural Andean ancestral alchemy jewelry – encompassing the healing power of metals, including 950 silver and 18k gold. Founded by a Shaman (Andean healer), the family-owned company offers free workshop tours (including transportation) for visitors to learn how its jewelry is made, see its artisans at work and browse its onsite store (with prices starting at 81 soles/$30 U.S.). Since its start in 1974, the award-winning company has hired people from rural areas, who are often very poor, and given them an eight-year apprenticeship to become skilled artisans. When you buy quality jewelry here, you support this ancestral art and a sustainable livelihood for local Peruvians. Main workshop and store are at Parque España E-3 Ucchullo Grande, with a second store at Calle del Medio 110.
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I feel so fortunate that our guide Raul Castelo took us to visit Andean Magic Art Jewelry in Cusco. The jewelry is beautiful and the quality is superb! Since the quality is 950 silver it will not tarnish and that is fantastic! The customer service is wonderful. I have been working with Lizbeth and she has been so helpful. The difficult thing for me is that I like so many of their designs that I would like to have one of many things. I love it that this company supports sustainable income for native Peruvian people. We were able to tour the factory where artisans were at work and Lizbeth explained how the jewelry is made. We were given a printed copy of the meanings of the symbols which I found interesting. They have a nice website which defines the story of their shop and how it began. What I know is that whenever I revisit Cusco I will be revisiting Andean Magic Art Jewelry! I stayed at least two hours or maybe because I was very interested in the jewelry.

1  Thank Linda S

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We just returned from a trip to Cusco and were lucky to be able to visit the shop. The jewelry is made there or at the artisan's homes most from 950 silver. Each piece is exquisite and handmade.
Don't miss a visit while you are in Cusco. And go to their website for the story of the shop and the meanings of the symbols and stones.

4  Thank momevans128