“Unforgettable experience”

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We did the classic Inca Trail with United Mice and our guide was Victor. Victor was very knowledgeable and very supportive and understanding. Our equipment was of good quality and the food was absolutely gorgeous, restaurant quality. It was very tiring at times, but we were rewarded with amazing vistas and got to see many Incan ruins along the way. It was truly an unforgettable experience and I would recommend United Mice to anyone interested in trekking.

There are newer reviews for Inca Trail

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The Inca Trail was an amazing experience, both exhausting and exhilarating. Going down the mountain was harder than going up so make sure you are prepared for that. Seeing Machu Picchu appear through the clouds from the sun gate was breathtaking

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We had booked the Inca Trek with Peru Treks and it was fantastic! We had an awesome group and our guide was amazing!

In terms of the trek, it was beautiful. Although alittle busy (your never really alone on the trek), you walk through the mountainous areas of the Sacred Valley and, up and over into the start of the Jungle where the scenery instantly changes and its amazing!

My two biggest suggestions; Get yourself a walking stick!! Some in our group had two, most only had one. I think this completely depends on your preference. I had never really used one before and I was surprised at how quick my body fell into a rhythm with it. On the last day at Machu Pichu- it felt strange not to be walking with it!
The second one would be the acclimatization. Most companies, including ours, only recommend coming to Cusco 2 days before the trek- I honestly don´t think this is enough! Atleast a week!!(there is so much to do anyways, you´ll never be bored!)
The trek itself (being reasonably fit) isn´t "extremely" hard. But you are walking for up to 6-7 hours each day at 3500m+. If your body hasnt already adjusted to the attitude, your adding another strain to your body. Being hydrated is the best thing for you. Some people on our trek were taking the pills (to help with the altitude) and both of them ending up stopping because they were sick. Our bodies are built to adjust- let them!

Everything that happens is worth it for the final arrival at the Sun Gate. We were lucky enough to even see a rainbow over it!(rainbows are very special in the Inca belief). It was fantastic! Absolutely beautiful.

4  Thank Monika S
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I was really nervous about doing the trail but I loved every second! There are moments that are very challenging.......it was the second day that I found the toughest. I did it with a group of 16 of us with G Adventures. I thought the group would be too big but it worked really well! We had 2 guides who were absolutely amazing! And 30 porters who carried everything and cooked some lovely food! They even baked us a cake on the last night! Strongly recommend doing the trail if going to Peru......and strongly recommend G Adventures!

2  Thank Victoria G
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I would not say it is very easy, but most people can do it.I'm 48, and I don't do any sport, so I'm not specially fit. We arranged it with Alpaca Expeditions and they were extremely professional. Silvio, our guide, was a coach more than just a guide. He was able to plan for rests to catch our breath during the trekk, and encouraged us at all times. He greeted everyone oonce we reached a peak, the camp,.. The chef was excellent, and all porters were very helpful.