2,838 results
All reviews former monastery opera night opera singers gregorian chants beautiful chapel lobby bar machu picchu presidential suite the hiram bingham train main restaurant stunning hotel extra oxygen historic building high altitude breakfast buffet the main square coca tea
Selected filters
Reviewed May 24, 2017

We stayed two nights in May. This 16th century ex-monetary has been renovated to a high level of luxury without sacrificing its cloistered charm. The public areas (bar, garden etc) are delightful and the restaurant excellent. It is centrally situated a short walk from the main square and cathedral. Our room was on the small side but was very comfortable and well-equipped. The bathroom likewise. There were black-out curtains and French doors to a small balcony.
Service from the multi-lingual staff was uniformly excellent.
The whole place was spotlessly clean.
I have travelled widely for business and now in retirement and this is undoubtable one of the best, most character-filled, hotels I've ever stayed in.
My one complaint was that our room's a/c blew air but didn't noticeably cool. In the height of summer that would have been an issue.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
belmond_hotels_peru, Director General at Belmond Hotel Monasterio, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2017

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for share your impressions about your stay with us.

The hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation therefore your notes are very important for us.

We are glad to know that our staff effort made your stay unforgettable.

Reviewed May 23, 2017

I stayed at the Belmond Hotel Monasterio last month and I couldn't have been more pleased with our stay. We received outstanding service the entire visit from check-in to check out, Thanks again for making our trip memorial.

Date of stay: April 2017
belmond_hotels_peru, Director General at Belmond Hotel Monasterio, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2017

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you share with us your impressions about your stay with us.

We really hope that you have enjoy your stay in Cusco

Reviewed May 23, 2017

Having stayed at many luxury hotels before, this is the first one which absolutely took my breath away. The unassuming façade conceals a beautiful chapel and courtyard. But it doesn't end there, as you pass into another equally beautiful cloistered courtyard where the rooms are located. The café served a wonderful buffet breakfast The vaulted dining room was a magnificent backdrop for a lovely dinner complete with opera singers. My sole complaint was that the morning coffee was insipid, worst in Peru.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Don H

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank for choosing Belmond Hotel Monasterio for your stay in Cusco.

We are very grateful for your comments complimenting the services and facilities of our hotel, please accept our apologies for the coffee, we will check over with our F&B Departament.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed May 23, 2017

We had a three night stay at this wonderful hotel. The property itself is beautiful but the most important aspect was the impeccable service. All of the hotel personnel were friendly, professional, helpful and obviously very well trained. One of the staff members in particular, Wilberth Soncco, who was our waiter for our three breakfast meals was outstanding. He was courteous, efficient and remembered our preferences after the first time he waited on us.

Room tip: The rooms looking on to the gardens in the middle of the property were great.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank for sharing the experience of your stay at Belmond Hotel Monasterio with us.

We are very grateful for your comments complimenting the services and facilities of our hotel. Such comments always encourage us in enhancing our efforts to provide a high level of services to our guests.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back !

Best regards

Reviewed May 22, 2017

A couple weeks ago I had the pleasure of staying at the Belmond Miraflores and then spent a number of days at Cusco's Belmond Monesterio, during which I took the Hiram Bingham train to Machu Pichu. OK, I'm not as young and fit as I used to be.

I only wish I could remember the names of some of the amazing staff at the Monesterio because they created a truly memorable experience. One of the main things that has set my two experiences apart is the pride with which the staff fulfill their duties. These are career people that genuinely seem to love their work. It becomes so apparent when they remember a detail from the day before or suggest a tea their mother prepared which they hoped would provide relief for my asthma. Breathing in Cusco can be a challenge for folks like me!

It is such a pleasure to feel spoiled and enjoy the warmth of the kind staff at the same time.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
belmond_hotels_peru, Director General at Belmond Hotel Monasterio, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2017

Dear Guest,

We sincerely hope to welcome you back in the future.