“Nice place to stay”

Palacio del Inka, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Cusco
Ranked #8 of 172 Hotels in Cusco
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed April 25, 2014

This is a very big hotel and well-staffed with attentive 5* service.
Apparently there are different rooms of the same "type" - and the description on the hotel's website as well as 3rd-party websites (at least when we stayed) didn't mnatch the actual room provided. We had booked a deluxe room, and it was nothing like the website's description. It had the tiniest bathroom (1 person could barely fit in it) and the room lacked most of the amenities and features the website promised.

I complained about that - and was provided with a hot pot to heat water, and they would have offered to change room - but for the 3-night stay, it wasn't worth the hassle to move. The bed was great and the decoration and feel of the room was quite pleasant. I was told that the room we were given was an upgrade to a "junior suite" - but that just cannot be accurate - or the description of rooms on website was way out of line with what they actually provide! There weren't 2 tv's, a separate sitting/dining area, etc.I do think the room that we were originally assigned may have been an upgrade to junior suite - but we arrived at the hotel VERY early in the morning from an overnight bus, and asked for early checkin. We were accommodated with a change from the pre-assigned room. So, I appreciated that and while a real junior suite would have been nice, we weren't in Cusco to stay inside hotel - so the early checkin was more appreciated.

The staffing of hotel is more than adequate - could always get someone to help.
Had an issue with temperature of hot water in bathroom (a bit low for taking a bath - apparently their standard for hot water is to heat to 40C which is just OK for a shower, but definitely not enough for bath. Took more than one try, but they did adjust the water heater to allow for a nice hot bath.

Would stay here again and definitely recommend this hotel as it is reasonable value for this historic and touristy area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
aschwarzr, Gerente at Palacio del Inka, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for having chosen our property in your last visit to Cusco city.
Be sure we take note your comments, in order to improve our service.
We will be pleasure to serve you again in the future.
Arturo Schwarz

Write a ReviewReviews (2,380)

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I was there last week and everything was amazing. The attention is great and you notice that the hotel take care of every detail, nothing is left aside. The only thing I can say is that I congratulate staff in the hotel and specially the Manager, who treated me very well. Congratulations!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
aschwarzr, Gerente at Palacio del Inka, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for having chosen our hotel during your last trip to Cusco city.
I am happy to know that you enjoyed our property.
Furthermore thank you for your kind comments about my team work, I am proud of them. Be sure, your words will motivate us on to do it even better.
We will be pleasure to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Great service, great location, would repeat anytime!, the staff is well prepared and always willing to provide help and serve the client. Perfect location! Rooms are quiet and some have great views to archeological pieces.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments about our Palacio del Inka.
It is satisfactory to know that you enjoyed our property.
As you said, we have a perfect location. In the heart of Cusco city, close to the main tourist attraction, markets and the main square just a walking distance.
We will be pleasure to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I am truly disappointed by the visit at palacio del Inka. As a preferred Starwood member they were nothing but UNaccomodating. Everything at this hotel is an extra cost. I have been traveling through Bolivia and peru for 2 weeks and every hotel went out of their way to help with pick up services and extra amenities. I thought for sure since I was finally staying at a hotel I used often and am a preferred member the service would be over the top. It was exactly the opposite. They charged over the top for a ride
From the bus terminal to the hotel. Every other hotel was complimentary. They said spa was included but when I went to use the hot tub I was told it cost $100. Wifi was NOT included, and the latest checkout they could offer a preferred guest was 11am. How disappointing. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!!!! Every other hotel along the journey had gone out of their way to accommodate and have extra services such as pick up, breakfast or late check out included. This place is a joke. Stay anywhere else they are not worth it and will take advantage of you being a foreigner. Truly upset by the entire experience.

• Stayed: April 2014
5  Thank Brookiek456
jasanchezp, Gerente at Palacio del Inka, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is disheartening that some aspects of our hotel did not live up to your expectations. Although I would have preferred you had a better stay, your comments are highly appreciated as these will assist us in our continuous efforts to provide excellent accommodations. I am confident that actions will be taken accordingly to ensure that we are consistent in giving our best.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Good service, centrally located with comfortable and quiet rooms. Very large so it can be a bit of a walk to reception from the room. Only a few floors so not so high up (a good thing for Cusco). Staff were very helpful and it was great to always have hot coca tea waiting for you after going out for a walk around town.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
aschwarzr, Gerente at Palacio del Inka, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments, about our Palacio del Inka.
We are located close to the main tourist attractions like the Temple of the sun, the Main Square, churches, museums, in the heart of Cusco City just by walking distance.
We will be pleased to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Impeccable team, fully prepared and autonomous to deal with the unexpected problems that surge during international trips. Waiters, receptionists and all the staff very well prepared to explain to any guest the historic importance of the hotel building and how it got to what it is today.
A special congrats to Patricia, a politely friendly waitress that served us perfectly, recommending and explaining the best plates, as well as indicating the non-obvious interesting places to explore around Cusco.

Very good breakfast that matches international demands, from American to Japanese morning food. Tasty fruits and croissants.

The rooms are beautiful and very comfortable, but a little bit too dark.
The bathroom is very well decorated and works fine. One down though: the shower could have more power (more water running).

The difference between Libertador and the other 5-star hotels in Cusco: it provides you with a unique experience, off the standardized international hotel chains.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments, about our Palacio del Inka, and specially about my team work.
Furthermore I am proud of Patricia.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our Restaurant, specially our breakfast buffet, I have shared your lines to our Chef.
Be sure we take note about your recommendation.
We will be pleased to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I own two small boutique hotels in Colorado and had the good fortune of visiting Peru this month and stay at this hotel on two separate occasions for three nights.

It is a Five star experience in every way. Both my wife and I used the spa services.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments about our Palacio del Inka.
I am happy to know that you enjoyed our property, as you said a five star experience.
Be sure I have showed your lines to my team work.
We hope you have the opportunity to return soon.