“Beautiful hotel, service was good”

Palacio del Inka, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Cusco
Ranked #10 of 170 Hotels in Cusco
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My friend and I had a great time. The hotel is stunning and the service overall was great. I was violently ill the first night I arrived in Cusco from the high altitude. At breakfast the next morning I asked just for some chicken broth and the staff prepared a consomme with rice for me. It was all I could eat and exactly what I needed. Everyone was really friendly and helpful. My friend wouldn't let me describe this hotel as having excellent service because we had a little problem when we checked out. To avoid all the exchange fees we paid our bill in cash (US dollars) instead of a credit card. Because of the counterfeit money problems in Peru they wouldn't accept some of our hundred dollar bills, which apparently didn't pass their money machine test. We knew they weren't counterfeit because we withdrew the money directly from a Bank of America and had it in our possession the whole time. In any case, we had enough cash to pay the bill and used the "rejected" money at another hotel, which found them acceptable. In the future, I would just suggest visitors pay with a credit card to avoid all this fake money problem in Peru.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
aschwarzr, Gerente at Palacio del Inka, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for having chosen our hotel during last visit to Cusco.
I am happy to hear; that the service was great and also that my team work was helpful when you needed.
We will be pleasure to serve you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Palacio del Inka, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Cusco

Reviewed March 3, 2014

It was a wonderful hotel and service. It was a great location and beautiful.
I enjoy the breakfast and the location of the hotel was in town and across from a beautiful church.
I would stay there again and recommend to my friends.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
aschwarzr, Gerente at Palacio del Inka, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you for review our property.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our property.
As you said, the location of the hotel is in town close to the main tourist attraction.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is a great hotel. Was upgraded to a proper suite with SPG Platinum. It is by far the best hotel we stayed at while in Peru. It is in a decent part of town which is safe to walk at night.

Breakfast was traditional American but there were a few Peruvian dishes as well. The staff are all very helpful and greet you with a smile.

The hotel is right next to a church, so this isn't for the late risers. Processions occur after 9 AM.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Truebe

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for having chosen our hotel during your last stay in Cusco.
Starwood is always thinking of the benefits for their SPG members in order to make an unforgettable experience.
As you mentioned we are close to the Santo Domingo church that it is a museum too, and also close to the main square, just by walking distance.
We hope you have the opportunity to return soon

Reviewed March 2, 2014

You really feel like royalty here, immediately upon walking in!

The staff know how to treat you, better than most hotels anywhere. There is always someone around to help you when you need it, and even give advice on helping you get to Machu Piccu.

The room service was very good too. They have a great business center with both mac and PC's, and plenty of coca tea. This can help you adjust to the altitude if you have that issue. In general just keep hydrated and take deeper breaths if you start to feel funny in Cusco.

If you have time in Cusco and aren't just passing through to MP, check out the chocolate museum and the pisco museum for a little more fun history. Btw, the chocolate museum lets you take a class on making chocolate or Peruvian cooking. Note that you have to sign up the day before, I really wish I could have done this. The chocolate making seemed good for kids too if you're with them.

The hotel is definitely more pricey than your average hotel, but I enjoyed it and wanted to stay a few more days. I cannot say enough about how great the staff is at service. They really know how to treat a guest there.

I did not eat breakfast there, I found a green/organic place with smoothies close to the square with the statues. This place had eggs Benedict and English breakfast.

There are a lot of street vendors trying to sell you art and stuff. I didn't buy from them, but I did buy authentic alpaca things from the women vendors the hotel had. They were walking through the lobby and were the real-deal!

So in general I highly recommend staying here.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments our Palacio del Inka.
It is satisfactory to know about the special attention that our staff provided you during your entire stay. And it is more satisfactory to know that you enjoyed our hotel.
Moreover thank you for recommend our property.
We will be pleased to serve you again in the future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed February 24, 2014

So we had 2 people registered to the room. One actually ended up not staying the night, but instead my friend came over for about 5 hours and the hotel forced me to pay an extra fee $100USD + tax for that friend for 5 hours.
Completely ridiculous.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank krazieman
aschwarzr, Gerente at Palacio del Inka, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you for review our property.
Sorry about your perception about our Hotel.
Regarding your review about the extra charge , Is important to notify you that Palacio del Inca booking policy is based at the Lodging Peruvian rules
In this way all the persons coming into the lodging area must be registered and the fare for the extra person must to be charged even more the check in was early in the morning ( 3.00 am ) .
Perhaps This policies looks bad , but is because your own safety and compliance with the Peruvian laws.

At your disposal

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We spent 3 nights at the Palacio del Inka in Cusco.
this is a very nice hotel.
High quality food with huge breakfast (at 4:00am) and good service.
Very nice Spa with charming staff.
only problem we had was water pressure in the bathroom

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
aschwarzr, Gerente at Palacio del Inka, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for review our property.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our Palacio del Inka, an the other hang be sure we take note your comments about the water pressure in order to improve our service.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

service was top notch, location was completely in the epicenter of the historical center of the city, the food was wonderful and the rooms were gorgeous! the hotel & historical center of cusco is only about 15 minutes from the airport, yet they still provided us with a driver that picked us up from the airport. the driver was very kind and fair and we retained his services for tours throughout the sacred valley for the next 2 days

1  Thank JBSB6030

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments about our Palacio del Inka.
In regards to the location as you said, we are in the epicenter of the historical center of the city, close to the main tourist attraction just a walking distance, and 15 minutes from the airport.
We hope you have the opportunity to return soon.
Best regards