“Beautiful hotel”

Ranked #9 of 169 Hotels in Cusco
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Beautiful hotel”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

It's a really beautiful hotel, in a historic building, and has a very good location, in front of Plaza Santo Domingo, near Plaza de Armas. Very good service, kind employees, specially Jonatan and Josver, who attended us. Hotel can storage your luggage when you leave for Machhu Picchu, free of charge.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
aschwarzr, Gerente at Palacio del Inka, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, the location and of course the comment about our staff, especially Jonathan and Josver. It is satisfactory to know that everything was to your liking. The storage is a facility that we provide our guests not only for comfort, but also help make of this a great and unforgettable experience.
We will be pleased to serve you again in the future.
Arturo Schwarz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had a magical 3 night at this hotel.. Location is outstanding, service fantastic. Staff friendly and welcoming.
I would stay here again. The Spa is good but the staff at Spa could do with some training..

1 Thank Cumi2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
We appreciate your kind comment which made a magical experience during your 03 night in our hotel. Be sure that we take note about the trainee of our staff at Spa, in order to improve our service.
Sandy,Utah
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I've stayed at Starwood hotels and never had a better experience than at the Palacio del Inka hotel in Cusco, Peru! Rubit, Carol and Elmer were very attentive to our group of 44 Fun for Less guests. They delivered ice packs for weary travelers, oxygen to the rooms, and gave an outstanding performance in every respect. The restaurant was beyond five star quality! The chef met my individual requests for better cooked bacon, and offered the best pastries I've ever eaten at a hotel buffet. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this five star hotel to anyone traveling to Cusco.
The only problem I had was a bar charge that they promised to reverse but did not. I replaced the M&M's and coke I had eaten the night before. They have yet to rectify this.

Room Tip: Every room was clean and had a refrigerator bar.
Thank you for review.
It is satisfactory to know that you never had a better experience than at our Palacio del Inka Hotel, and of course thank you for your comments about the front desk staff and the buffet that you had. I will show your lines to our chef. However, I am concerned about the extra charge you had at the bar; I will investigate what fell through in the process, but we ensure it will not happen again.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I am quite impressed with the Palacio del Inka. They truly go above and beyond for platinum members. I wasn't used to such "white glove" treatment until I arrived at the Palacio. They welcome you with delicious coco tea and offered to store my luggage during my Machu Picchu trip.

They also provided a butler with superior service who hustled to take/give me my luggage before/after the trip. Didn't even charge for storage.

The gym is pretty decent with free water bottles (awesome) and apples.

What made me truly think that this SPG property deserves a 5 star rating is b/c of the service. Specifically, Carol M. was able to assist me with my charges at the end of the stay. There were a few discrepancies, and she was able to alleviate my worries quickly.

I'd definitely return to the hotel. A+ must-stay for Machu Picchu hikers!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
Starwood is always thinking of the benefits for their SPG members in order to make an unforgettable experience. It is satisfactory to know that the service was to your liking. We will be pleased to serve you again in the future.
Lyon, France
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My 2 sisters and I have been traveling around Peru this month and we wanted to spoil ourselves in Cuscu with this fabulous hotel. We were supposed to be 4 so I had initially booked two double rooms. However one person did not come and it was impossible to change the double to a single online here in Peru through booking.com where I reserved all the hotels. So upon arrival I explained that we only needed one double and one single and once again like another place visited earlier they said we needed to pay for the two doubles. I explained that we were taking 2 rooms but one for two persons and one for one person. It was VERY difficult to convince them and we needed to threaten them with American Express and trip advisor to be able for them to work with us :-( After that I must say that this place is truly magnificent. For the breakfast (normally included) the waiter told us we had to pay and I said it was included. After we decided to let it go and go with the flow and when I asked for the check after we ate he said don't worry, it's on the house...

Room Tip: I always ask a room on a high floor with the head of the bed facing North, anywhere but South. Slee...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for having chosen our hotel during your last visit to Cusco
And also thank you for your comments about the property, it is always satisfying to hear the word “magnificent” when describing it. Our staff is always trying to go that extra mile when it comes to customer care and service. We must follow certain rules and regulations when it comes to reservations, however, our goal is to have satisfied customers and nothing could trouble us from doing so.
We hope that you visit us again in a very near future.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This place has a really nice castle feeling and the common area is beautiful. The rooms are smaller and bathrooms are comparable to a Sheraton. The spa was small but quaint. What is great about this place is the location - so close to all the attractions you need to see in the City. It is a fabulous place to adjust to the altitude as they have oxygen masks, which we had to utilize. I do believe that helped alleviate the sickness. We had a great time staying here. Caution regarding using the travel agency -- very expensive.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
We appreciate your comment about our Palacio del Inka interior as you said like a castle feeling. And also the location, we are located in the heart of Cusco City, close to the main square, the museums, the archeological places like Qoricancha, “The Temple of the Sun”, the main churches of the city, just by walking distance. For the altitude sickness we provide oxygen masks and coca tea in order to alleviate the sickness. Our travel agency is a facility that provides different top class tours in Cusco, and their strength is the tailor made.
We hope you have the opportunity to return soon.
Kind regards
Overland Park, KS
Reviewed September 23, 2013

What a wonderful hotel! During a recent trip to Peru to hike the Inka Trail I had the pleasure of spending two nights at this hotel. I can't say enough good things about it--staff was very helpful with every possible requests, rooms were clean, location was excellent (very close to the main square) and the breakfast buffet was outstanding. When was the last time you enjoyed a harpist during breakfast? What a great touch!

I would highly recommend this hotel and hope to have the chance to stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: Given the central location there can be a bit of noise in your room if you do not face the inner cou...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
aschwarzr, Gerente at Palacio del Inka, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments about our Palacio del Inka.
It is satisfactory to know that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and also to know that my team was helpful when you needed.
Moreover thank you for recommend our hotel.
We will be pleased to serve you again in the future.
Kind regards