We stayed in the Sonesta hotel in the heart of Cuzco for our 4 day visit. We were warmly welcomed by the tourist agency and they offered us the traditional mate de coca and a welcome drink on the house. Everything done in a very friendly atmosphere that made us feel at home right away! The staff was absolutely friendly, customer orientated and kind. they were very keen in providing a very good service and for staff, I give a 5 to this hotel.
The room was spacious enough, 1 bed, 1 bathroom with shower and a bureau. A big TV ! We also had space to put our clothes and things. We did not have a minibar though (fridge) but we did have drinks and snacks. In the lobby you can have tea, coca mate and coffee for free at any time of the day which is nice.
Our room and bed were comfortable, however there were a few bad aspects :
- noise - what can you do? Cuzco is a noisy town! Specially at night. Prepare to sleep with interruptions. There are a lot of alarms, people partying, others playing music... it is what it is and our room was noisy but we didn't pay much attention to it.
- water - the pressure was not great but I guess this is from the town of Cuzco, which is very high (3350 ms approx). And we had to let it flow for a good 5 minutes to obtain warm water.
- the air temperature was a bit cold in the room during the night but there was a heater which we switched on to keep us warmer. Again, maybe this is due to the height.
The breakfast was very good, friendly, attentive staff - I really liked the breakfast, with good products. the restaurant is correct and there is also an internet hotspot in the first floor and free wifi.
I needed medical attention at some point and the staff was very arranging - they called the doctor and granted me with the service i needed - I thought it was excellent. One piece of advise for tourists going to Cuzco : under no circumstances drink tap water - I had a horrible end of trip because i drank one full glass out of the tap. Of course this is not the hotel's fault at all but my own only, but I thought I would advise travelers! Only bottled water !
I appreciated that there was a security guard 24/7 (also very kind) and we felt very safe overall in the hotel and the town of Cusco. We are definitely coming back !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the ancient Inca and Spanish Colonial capital of Cusco, the 22-room Sonesta offers first-class lodging, with a taste of authentic Peruvian hospitality. This hotel is a train ride from Machu Picchu, and an ideal home base for exploring the Imperial City of Cusco, center of the Inca and Spanish colonial cultures. Also close by are many shops and artists' studios offering traditional and contemporary crafts as well as exciting nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sonesta Posadas del Inca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Posadas Del Inca Cusco Hotel Cusco
- Sonesta Cusco
- Cusco Sonesta Posadas Del Inca