“Very friendly staff and really good hotel”

Sonesta Hotel Cusco
Ranked #15 of 171 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed there for three nights and the stay couldn't have been any better. The staff were always friendly and everyone treated us well. Overall a very good experience. One thing i could suggest is to have a electric water heater in the room or to provide one upon request. Even though the staff always provided us with hot water when we needed them it would be convenient to have that at the room without bothering anyone. However all the other positives made the stay really nice and pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
QAM-SHCusco, Gerente at Sonesta Hotel Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear guest

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to host you soon again in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Ivan Pérez

Write a ReviewReviews (3,387)

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We are just returning form out vacation from Cusco Peru. From the moment we enter to the moment we left the hotel. We got the red carpet treatment. This hotel bends backward for customer services. As we check into the hotel we were greeted at the door with drinks and ask to set in the lobby while they kindly check us in and took our bags to the room. The morning breakfast was perfect. There is something for every type of morning eaters. The room was clean and we always had hot water. The room has NO AC but not to worry the temp there is always cool. Believe me you will be fine. I live in Florida and I was so comfortable at all times. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to visited this beautiful city.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your visit to Cusco through the trip advisor webside.

Thank you very much for your preference and for choosing us for your visit to Cusco, I hope that someday in the future we have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back and please feel free to us in anything you may need.

Warm Regards,
Ivan Pérez

Reviewed August 13, 2013

With the wide array of hotels to choose from, Sonesta Hotel did not disappoint. The staff is very friendly, the breakfast buffet is plentiful, the pisco sours are one of the best I've had, and the lobby is modern.

The rooms are comfortable, with a dock for your iPod, flat screen tv, soft linens, and room service. My room did not face the main street, so it was very quiet, except for the noise from the hallways that can echo into your room.

When checking in, make sure you are happy with your hotel room. The original room they gave me was small and overlooked an alley filled with buckets and clutter. I asked for a new room right away and was accommodated immediately.

The hotel is a 15 minute walk from the Plaza de Armas - great if you're acclimating and need to stay in trekking shape. If you're not into walking that far, take a taxi. The hotel can call one for you.

Free Wifi in the hotel made using my smartphone easy. There is also an open-space business center in the lobby with computers.

I stayed here before and after my Inca Trail trek. After trekking for four days, it felt luxurious staying here and enjoying the amenities.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank PeaceLoveJoyce
QAM-SHCusco, Gerente at Sonesta Hotel Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your comments through the Trip Advisor website.

We appreciate your comments; they serve us an invaluable tool to improve in search of the excellence.

We hope you can stay again at Sonesta Hotel Cusco, if you have any aditional suggestion or comment please do not hesitate to contact us.

Iván Pérez Gárcia

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Yes, the rooms are small, but it didn't break the experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and they even helped in communicating with TACA when there was some confusion with our flight back to Lima. The hotel was also very conveniently located to restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
QAM-SHCusco, Gerente at Sonesta Hotel Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Guest;

We really appreciate your opinion throught the Trip Advisor web site and thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your comments.

I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the room. However we could make your stay more pleasant.

Thank you for your comments and for giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about our facilities and services, they serve us an invaluable tool to improve in search of the excellence.

Best regards

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I visited the Hotel Sonesta in Cusco for 7 nights this June (2013). I pre-booked and paid with Amex Travel on my Amex Card. When I checked in it told them I had previously paid in full to be sure there was no confusion. They said okay fine. When I checked out they presented me with a bill for the full fair and I showed them my paid reservation again and they fixed the bill to only incidentals and I signed. When I got home I saw on my bill they charged me again anyway for the full amount. I have emailed and tried to reach the hotel now for 2 weeks with no response. I had to ask American Express to put in a dispute as it is clear to see I paid the room twice. Very disappointing.

As far as the hotel the main point may be it is not within walking distance of the center. But cab is easy to get and very cheap. 4 Soles.

The hotel restaurant is pretty boring in my opinion and I had to look elsewhere. There are a few nice restaurants nearby. There is a great shopping center right across the street to get all the souvenirs you could ever want.

The room was fine and clean however I had to move rooms because the first room basically had no window at all or no exposure to outside. They did move me with no problem

This is not a historic building but a relatively new building catering I think more to business or travelers looking for an American style hotel.

Had it not been for the billing issue and lack of any response to fix I would have given 4 stars.

Room Tip: If you get a room with no window ask to be moved. Seems like they put people in them and if you don...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank RickSFlorida
QAM-SHCusco, Gerente at Sonesta Hotel Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to extend our sincere apologies for not being able to exceed your expectations during the process of your Chek out, we had made all the respectives procedures with your credit card to resolve this problem and it was solved.

We already verify the corrective procedures in order to prevent future problems, your comments serve us an invaluable tool to improve in search of excellence.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We spent 3 nights at this hotel, and were very pleased. Our room was modern, comfortable, and though not huge, was big enough. The staff was very courteous and professional. The breakfast which was included, was very good too, again with great service and staff. The lobby, rooms, etc are very modern and welcoming. They have a few computers with internet access available for guest use. We did not mind being 15 min walk away from the main plaza, as it was an opportunity to walk and get a feel for the place. The comfort of the hotel is well worth the walk. I would definitely go back and stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in 326, and were very comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 14, 2013

stayed in two different rooms in this hotel. They were nicely decorated with good bathrooms and the beds were comfortable to sleep in but my first room was very noisy with noise from the ventilation system outside the window. It also had small ants crawling over the bathroom but the staff had no insect spray and just tried to trap the ones they could see with parcel tape!

My second room was quieter on the opposite side of the corridor but very cold. The windows were not double glazed and felt as though they were open. Even with an extra blanket and sleeping in a jumper I ended up having to phone down to reception for a heater at 2.30am. There did not appear to be any sort of temperature control in either room though other people in our group whose rooms were in a different part of the hotel said they did have AC.

Good breakfast buffet and very helpful staff in the restaurant, but staff at main reception did not appear to understand much English.

Room Tip: Room 222 lots of noise from ventilation system, Room 223 cold
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
QAM-SHCusco, Gerente at Sonesta Hotel Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Guest;

At first we would like to thank you very much for letting us to know about your experience at Sonesta Hotel Cusco, and the inconveniences you had during your stay with us. We would like to offer you our most sincere apologies for not assist you properly with your requirements. We have taken note of all your suggestions and comments, be sure that we will work out each of them in order to avoid any future inconvenienceswith our guests. Remember that our guest's opinion is really important for us and we hope we can provide you again our service.

Kind regards,