“nice hotel”
Review of Novotel Cusco

Ranked #29 of 171 Hotels in Cusco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 31, 2012

when you arrive at the hotel after gasping for fresh air in the narrow busy street in front, it is a nice surprice you enter a lovely covered piazza. The room in the modern part of the hotel is decent, but blant and anonymous.The beds very hard, the batroom good but nothing special. Breakfast buffet great with plenty of options if not crowded otherwise no refill. The bell men were professional, friendly and efficient especially Cesar was top !
The location of the hotel near the center was a nice surprise.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Daniela L, Manager at Novotel Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Dear Client,

We appreciate your comments related to your experience as a guest at Novotel Cusco.
Your feedback will help us to keep improving the quality of our services.

Novotel Cusco

Write a ReviewReviews (1,535)

Reviewed October 30, 2012

An insignificant front door on a busy, one way narrow street. Opens on to a lovely covered piazza. Very central so noisy if your room is at the front. Room well equipped with washing line, iron, ironing board. Sink had no plug. Breakfast good and can be taken in Piazza but this can get very hot when sun shining.
9.00 am checkout.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms at the back.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Daniela L, Sub Gerente at Novotel Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear client,

Thank you for taking your time and let us know about your experience at Novotel Cusco.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Arrived for three night stay to find that the room we had been allocated had very little storage space in the way of drawer or shelving space. OK if you're staying for one night when you don't want to unpack your suitcase but if you're staying three nights you need to space to unpack. Once I had complained, the staff quickly found an chest of drawers and removed one of the large chairs and hey presto, problem solved. Just a bit of forethought needed.
Hotel was very good although the room was a little small compared with other hotels that we had stayed in and we liked the central courtyard especially as a place to take a relaxed evening meal. Good location to walk around Cusco as well.

Dear Client,

Thank you for took your time amd let us know about your experience at Novotel Cusco.

Cordially,

Reviewed October 27, 2012

The staff was helpful and friendly and the rooms were very clean and a decent size with a moderately updated bathroom. The breakfast was mediocre especially as compared with the other hotel in which I stayed (Casa Andina Plazoleta de Limacpampa). The room was warm and didn't appear to have any airconditioning. Our room had an "interior view" which is to say it looked out onto the lobby so it was very noisy. We were booked here through our travel agent who said it was a four star but it paled in comparison to the Casa Andina.

Dear client,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience at Novotel Cusco.
We are sorry for not having met your expectations.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Situated just off the main square this hotel has been upgraded from a very beautiful colonial building. It now incorporates very modern rooms and everything a busy traveller could wish for.
Unlike some hotels the wifi is free (the speed is ok) and generally the staff are all very accommodating and helpful.
we only stayed for two nights but cannot fault the breakfast which was very good and the bedroom and facilities were very good.

Dear Client,

We appreciate your comments related to your experience as a guest of Novotel Cusco.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Have in mind this hotel is around U$185, wich is not cheap, expecially if you are going to spend a number of days.

My first deception: when I called to make a reservtion I made clear that I needed a hotel with garage as I was coming by motorcycle, The attendant told me they had a garage not in the hotel but very close to it just in the corner. However when I arrived I found out that not only the garage was NOT near and not in the corner but also that it was not included in the hotel. I made a complaint and asked for the minimum that the hotel paid the garage for me as it was their error and I was going to have hassles all the times I wanted to get it for a ride, well they refused such a small request. This was soo lame and neither acknowledged their misscomunication with me.

The internet was crap, basically the same speed as dial up, I made several tests with speedtest.net and never go beyond 50kb/s, in other words, forget multiple browsing, forget youtube, facebook is very slow. Shame on you Novotel.

The TV image was noise and bad, I asked about repair and they told m it was this way. Shame again on you Novotel.

There is light bleeding off the courtain on the mornings, I had to use silvertape to tap it.

No wellness center, absolutelly nothing, for this price I expected t least a sauna, but there is none, no sauna, no gym, no SPA, no pool, no nothing.

The massage service is VERY PRICY U$45!!! for 40 minutes??? And I ended up with more pain in the back after all.

Restaurant is expensive, dishes are not done with passion, no real flavor on it and worst of all, they are small portions.

Towels are not soft and do not smell good.

Shower do not have god pressure.

My floor have dirt from my shoes for 3 days, The person responsible for this didn't paid attention or didn't had the trouble to clean it.

Breakfast was just ok, nothing special.

There is a nice plaza in the center of the hotel, sure it is nice to go thru it but I didn't checked in for that. I want pratical things that does justify the price I paid (U$185).

End of story: very disapointing, never coming back again and I do not indicate it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Felcas

Dear Sir,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience at Novotel Cusco.
We are sorry for not having met your expectations.

At Novotel, we aim at providing high-level service to each of our clients, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Be sure that we will take the appropriate measures to handle the issue and avoid future occurrences.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

we stayed at the Novotel Cusco for three nights. I would recommend room 501 as we had a small balcony. It was pleasant to sit outside and enjoy a cup of coffee! Plus we were able to open our patio door at night to allow in fresh air! Our room was contemporary and large enough for two large suitcases. The continental breakfast offered considerable choices with options to sit in the breakfast room or out in the courtyard. There are two computers in the lobby for internet and several shops. We enjoyed dining in the restaurant. The main square is about 10 minutes from this hotel. A nice walk past many shops.

Dear client,

We deeply appreciate your comment related to your experience as a guest of Novotel Cusco.

Such information will be shared with our teams, and I am sure that your feedback will be an encouragement for us to keep improving the quality of our services.

NOVOTEL Cusco