“4 day 3 night hike to Machu Picchu”

Mother Earth Private Day Tours
Ranked #196 of 834 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: Mother Earth Tours provides a variety of high quality guided treks and day tours to Peru’s most enchanting destinations-- including Cusco, Machu Picchu, the Amazon jungle, and Lake Titicaca. As a 100% locally-owned company, we believe in and practice sustainable ecotourism. Beyond simply showing visitors the sights, we actively facilitate an authentic cultural experience that both benefits the local people with fair wages and working conditions, and preserves the richness of their heritage for generations to come.
RONHOFF44@GMAIL.COM
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“4 day 3 night hike to Machu Picchu”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I and 2 of my brothers and 2 nephews along with one family friend just finished our hike to Machu Picchu with Mother Earth Tours. Our guide, Aly Amout is the best tour leader we could have had, and one with a great sense of humor and light heartedness. I forgot to mention he is a Ham because I have a couple pictures showing that side of him.

From when Aly met us at the Cusco airport until when we departed Cusco, He was with us.
The tour that was provided by Mother Earth Tours was definitely first class. Before the hike started we stayed at some of the best hotels in Cusco and the Sacred Valley.
During the days before the start of our hike we were shown the sites of Cusco and driven to Sacsayhuaman and other sites that were outside of the city.

The second day we visited the Sacred Valley in a comfortable private van. we toured sites such as Ollantaytambo, Pisac and had one of the best buffet lunches of Peruvian food that we could have imagined.
From the start of the hike at KM 82 our guide Aly was amazing he not only impressed us with his knowledge of the ruins that we during the hike, but provoded us with in depth information on the history, the local customs of the people indigenous to the area and the flora and fauna that we saw along the way.

Aly is an encyclopedia of knowledge and possibly one of the smartest guides I've ever had the opportunity be to meet.
He kept our group of 6 in the sweet spot on the trail. I mean by this, we rarely saw other hikers like ourselves on the 27 mile Inca trail, except for the last day, in which everyone hiked into Machu Picchu near the same time. Even then I did not feel crowded, because Aly kept our group at a hiking speed he knew would keep us as far away from the crowds as possible.

I personally got sick on the first evening, after dinner and into the next day, which was the hardest part of the hike. Aly made sure that I was relieved of my day pack and that I made it through that day by properly hydrating.
He is someone that I would want to have as tour leader for me and any of my friends on any future adventures in Peru. I strongly recommend Mother Earth Tours to all and especially to those that want to experience that something extra that will cause your adventure to stand out and be remembered forever.

Visited September 2013
Aly A, Manager at Mother Earth Private Day Tours, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive recommendation on tripadvisor. We are very pleased that our guide exceeded your expectations. Muchas Gracias!

Austin, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The Only Way to Go!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Just back from a four day hike on the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. A once in a lifetime experience, much because of our incredible guide Aly and his porters. If you are planning a trip to Machu Picchu, I guarantee that you will not find a more knowledgeable or skilled guide than Aly at Mother Earth Tours. In addition to speaking English, Spanish, German and Quechua, he is an ecologist, botanist and Incan historian! As much as anything, I was impressed at how well he seemed to care for and treat the porters who did all the real work on our trip.
Aly met our age diverse group in Cusco, explained what we were about to get into, made sure we had the equipment we needed and, despite the age differences, made sure that we all completed the hike successfully.
Go to Mother Earth Tours and ask for Aly!

Visited September 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a positive testimonial on trip advisor. Glad to hear you had an enjoyable trip with Mother Earth Tours. Muchas Gracias!
Overland Park, KS
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“6 Stars or More!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have just returned from a once in a lifetime adventure in Peru that was coordinated by Aly and Mother Earth Tours--honestly speaking, five stars does not do this trip/tour company justice. They deserve a 10+ star rating. From Day 1 at the airport in Cusco when we were picked up and throughout our time touring Cusco, the Sacred Valley and hiking the Inca Trail, Aly and his crew were absolutely first class. My group spent effectively six days with Aly and we were continually amazed by his knowledge of the areas we visited, friendliness, respect for the environment, genuine passion for learning, ability to make sure every possible need we had was met and to top it off, it seemed like everywhere we went that other tour guides, porters, personnel etc all knew Aly and respected him. (On our final day in Machu Picchu even one of the wild llamas ran up to him for a hug--for real! )

Aly knew exactly when and how to get the group moving, when it was appropriate to take it easy and not rush, and all around made everyone in our group feel like we instantly had a new best friend in Peru. I have visited many places in the world and met quite a few tour guides--I rank Aly as the best I've ever experienced, whether in North America, Europe, Asia or Australia. (This was my first visit to South America.)

If you are considering a trek on the Inca Trail (or other guided travel in Peru), do yourself a favor, contact Aly and Mother Earth Tours. There is no need to look elsewhere.

Visited September 2013
What lovely comments! Thank you so much for your positive response. It means a lot to us to know you enjoyed your trip with Mother Earth Tours. We are a very small company but we do our very best to ensure you have an unforgettable time in Cusco. muchas gracias !!
Leawood, Kansas, United States
“Cannot imagine a better way to experience the Inca Trail!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We just returned from an absolutely fabulous trip to Peru. We chose Mother Earth based on a strong personal recommendation, and we could not have been more pleased. Mother Earth provided day tours of Cusco and the Sacred Valley followed by a four-day guided trek of the Inca Trail. Aly and his team thought of every detail. They met our group of six at the Cusco airport in a comfortable and perfectly-sized bus. The hotel accommodations they chose were first-class. Our guide was entertaining, totally engaged and just plain fun. His passion for Inca history and culture was charming and infectious. The inca trail trek was the true highlight of this excellent trip, and I am confident we had the absolute best tour company on the trail. Aly timed every leg of the trek so that we avoided crowds. Our camp food was remarkably good and was always fabulously presented. Mother Earth was sensitive to the physical condition of every member of our group and they took great care to make sure we all stayed safe and healthy.

If you are considering a trip to Cusco or a trek of the Inca Trail, you should strongly consider Mother Earth tours. We had an unbelievable experience, and I really cannot imagine how it could have been better.

Visited September 2013
Glad that you had a very positive experience with Mother Earth Tours. Thank you for your kind comments and please recommend us to your friends. Muchas Gracias!!
Kansas City, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“High Expectations Thoroughly Exceeded”
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Aly put together a great team to support our trip to the Peruvian Highlands. We did absolutely everything we wanted to accomplish including Cusco, the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, and interesting stops along the way. We were educated in the legacy of the Incas, but the highlight of the trip was hiking the Lares Trail. Lares has many similarities to the Inca Trail, but during the 3 day hike and camping, we did not see one other tourist-only locals living at high altitudes and tons of llamas, alpacas and vicunas. I've travelled the world, and this was some of the most beautiful scenery i've ever experienced. Our guide, Juanes, accommodated us every step of the way, always with a smile.
This was a first class trip, and I can't recommend Aly and Mother Earth highly enough.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank jimsigmund
Thank you so much for your positive testimonial. It means a lot to us to know that you had a great vacation in Peru and That Mother Earth Tours helped to make your experience so enjoyable.