“Cannot imagine a better way to experience the Inca Trail!”

Mother Earth Private Day Tours
Ranked #212 of 986 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: Mother Earth Tours provides a variety of high quality guided treks and day tours to Peru’s most enchanting destinations-- including Cusco, Machu Picchu, the Amazon jungle, and Lake Titicaca. As a 100% locally-owned company, we believe in and practice sustainable ecotourism. Beyond simply showing visitors the sights, we actively facilitate an authentic cultural experience that both benefits the local people with fair wages and working conditions, and preserves the richness of their heritage for generations to come.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We just returned from an absolutely fabulous trip to Peru. We chose Mother Earth based on a strong personal recommendation, and we could not have been more pleased. Mother Earth provided day tours of Cusco and the Sacred Valley followed by a four-day guided trek of the Inca Trail. Aly and his team thought of every detail. They met our group of six at the Cusco airport in a comfortable and perfectly-sized bus. The hotel accommodations they chose were first-class. Our guide was entertaining, totally engaged and just plain fun. His passion for Inca history and culture was charming and infectious. The inca trail trek was the true highlight of this excellent trip, and I am confident we had the absolute best tour company on the trail. Aly timed every leg of the trek so that we avoided crowds. Our camp food was remarkably good and was always fabulously presented. Mother Earth was sensitive to the physical condition of every member of our group and they took great care to make sure we all stayed safe and healthy.

If you are considering a trip to Cusco or a trek of the Inca Trail, you should strongly consider Mother Earth tours. We had an unbelievable experience, and I really cannot imagine how it could have been better.

Aly A, Manager at Mother Earth Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Glad that you had a very positive experience with Mother Earth Tours. Thank you for your kind comments and please recommend us to your friends. Muchas Gracias!!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"spanish influence"
"sacred valley"
in 8 reviews
"mountain lodges of peru"
"day hike"
"meals"
in 5 reviews
"hikers"

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Aly put together a great team to support our trip to the Peruvian Highlands. We did absolutely everything we wanted to accomplish including Cusco, the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, and interesting stops along the way. We were educated in the legacy of the Incas, but the highlight of the trip was hiking the Lares Trail. Lares has many similarities to the Inca Trail, but during the 3 day hike and camping, we did not see one other tourist-only locals living at high altitudes and tons of llamas, alpacas and vicunas. I've travelled the world, and this was some of the most beautiful scenery i've ever experienced. Our guide, Juanes, accommodated us every step of the way, always with a smile.
This was a first class trip, and I can't recommend Aly and Mother Earth highly enough.

1  Thank jimsigmund

Thank you so much for your positive testimonial. It means a lot to us to know that you had a great vacation in Peru and That Mother Earth Tours helped to make your experience so enjoyable.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Such an amazing country and Mother Earth Tours is without a doubt the best company you could hire to show you around! Aly & Elizabeth, thank-you for a life changing adventure. Your knowledge, ethics, planning, outstanding equipment and staff made our trip the best it could be!! Aly, you are an amazing individual and without your constant encouragment I would never have accomplished all that was accomplished on the Inca trail!! Your knowledge and pride in your country is incredible and heart warming! It was such a good time, many laughs and a journey I would encourage everyone to take! I would love to do it all again!! Thank-you, thank-you!!!

Aly A, Manager at Mother Earth Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thanks a lot, from the Mother Earth Tours team for your positive testimonial. We are really delighted that you have enjoyed our service in the tour you have booked; as usual we are doing the right thing to make our employees and clients happy.
Muchas gracias!!!!
Aly

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic time in Peru thanks to Aly and Mother Earth tours. It wasn't cheap but worth every penny. Prior to our trip all queries were answered promptly by Elizabeth by email. Aly was a superb guide and of course a star in every way!!! I can't praise him highly enough. However complements must also go to the other members of the team- Santiago produced great food over and over in the back of the beyonds for 2 fussy eaters and Mamerto, our driver, went out of his way to get my camera fixed when I dropped it.The Lares trail was a wonderful unspoiled alternative to the Inca trail, the only other people we met were farmers! The weather meant we curtailed our trek a bit but what we did we thoroughly enjoyed and the flexibility when the elements conspired against us was greatly appreciated.

Aly A, General Manager at Mother Earth Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Hi! Glad to hear you had such a fantastic time on the Lares trek. We're glad that Aly, Santiago the chef and our driver helped to make your trip so special. Thanks again for the positive testimonial!! Take care amiga!!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Choosing a tour company in Cusco can be an overwhelming experience. There are a ton of tour companies vying for your business and choosing the right one can be quite time consuming. Fortunately, I stumbled across Mother Earth Tours while researching tour companies on Trip Advisor and could not have been happier with my selection. I knew I was in good hands as soon as I contacted Mother Earth Tours. My group (6 people) and I decided to book three day tours. The tours were the Sacred Valley Tour, Machu Picchu/Hyuana Picchu, and Cusco City Tour. Our tour guide was Virgilio, and all I can say is WOW. His breadth of knowledge and passion for passing along the customs of the ancient Inca civilization was incredible. I have not experienced a guide with so much enthusiasm and wish I could have taken a couple more tours. A special thanks goes out to Elizabeth and Aly from Mother Earth Tours who made my Peru trip an unforgettable experience. I could go on and on about how great there service was but suffice to say you will be hard pressed to find a better tour company. You wont be disappointed with Mother Earth Tours!!

Aly A, Owner at Mother Earth Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Muchas gracias!!!!