“Perfect!”

Wifala Thematic Hotel Boutique
Ranked #16 of 412 Cusco B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed 4 nights in this hotel! People are very kind! Wifala was my base to visit all important places of inca empire. Monica, the owner, was oerfect, she managed all tickets and trains for me! She acted like a tourist agency really! I stronlgy recommend, it is not so far from the center, it is a calm place. Fantastic!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Silvio V

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This place was nice and clean, close enough to the Plaza de Armas to walk, but far enough away from the noise and traffic. I would recommend taking a taxi back it was only 4 soles from the Plaza, but all uphill if you are prone to altitude sickness like I was. And lots of hot water! I was able to take long luxurious hot showers, which wasn't always the case in Peru.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cavegirl81
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I agree with other reviewers that the staff here are incredible. I actually goofed my reservation (booked and paid for the wrong night), and they were so kind at making a place for me, storing my stuff during my Machu Picchu, helping coordinate my pick-up with the tour organizers.

Staying at Wifala was a wonderful experience.

Downsides: it's a 15-minute walk from Plaza de Armas and outside the city center. But after two nights, I was grateful for the buffer from the tourist maelstrom. Also there are roosters crowing somewhere nearby in the mornings.

Upsides: Breakfast is lovely, rooms are modern-looking, and staff is phenomenal.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank marybnashville
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed in Cusco, Peru, a total of four nights during my recent two-week trip to Peru at Wifala Thematic Hotel Boutique. What stood out the most was the outstanding customer service. First, my flight arrived in Cusco early in the morning, and I got to the hotel around 9 a.m. The hotel had a cab waiting for me at the airport, and I was allowed to check in early. During my stay, any time I needed a cab the hotel would call to arrange it. They also arranged two tours that I did of Inka archeological sites around Cusco, and one at several sites in the Sacred Valley. A hotel employee accompanied me in the taxi to the Plaza de Armas to see that I got to the correct tour operator out of the many located in that area. It gets rather cool at night. The rooms had heaters, and the staff saw that rooms had hot water bottles to keep feet warm. After having went to Arequipa/Colca Canyon for three days, I returned to Cusco/Wifala Hotel and needed laundry done. The hotel did my laundry at a very reasonable rate. One night I wanted some bottled water. They did not have any at the hotel, but the clerk went down the street to the market and got me some.They always asked what time I wanted breakfast in the morning, and it was quite good. The rooms were very nice, clean, with hot water and television. Beds were quite comfortable. I gave five stars in my review. I'm not saying it is, per se, a five-star hotel, but the great customer service and quality of the room/experience relative to the price is exceptional. If you have a smart phone/tablet, be sure to have a "white noise" app. You'll need it around 3 in the morning when the nearby rooster starts crowing. This the reason I gave "sleep quality" a four instead of five rating. But, nothing the hotel can really do anything about - just a heads up. Be sure to have address of the hotel handy/cross street when you are out and about in Cusco as I found that many cab drivers were unfamiliar with the location. It worked out though as the ones who didn't know would get on the radio and get directions. The San Blas district as well as the Plaza de Armas are pretty close - a manageable walk, or an inexpensive cab ride (usually five Soles, less than 3 U.S. dollars). Several markets within a few blocks. I found my stay at Wifala Thematic Hotel Boutique to be a very positive experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank wichitarailroader
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our way to Machu Picchu (and on our way back) for a total of three nights. Everyone that worked at the hotel was very kind and accommodating (they even went so far as to check the prices with the taxis they called for us to make sure that we didn't get an unfair price because we were tourists), held our giant frame packs when we went to Machu Picchu (going so far as to move them out of our room and back into our room so that we didn't have to carry them down the stairs ourselves), and put a hot water bottle in the bed for us each night to keep our toes toasty (it's winter in Peru right now). The rooms were extremely clean and the showers brand new and the water was nice and hot. The hotel is about a 15 minute walk from the Plaza (down some awesome cobbled streets) and therefore is quiet and away from the bustle. We didn't stay out particularly late any of the nights that we were there, but it felt perfectly safe to walk back before 10pm. Otherwise, taxis are plentiful and very reasonable (a few US dollars).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel is located is around a 10-15 min walk away from the plaza de armas. The rooms are clean and beautiful. But the best thing are the people. The owner and staff are amazingly helpfull and friendly. When i got sick they even let me and my girlfriend stay in their flat for a day because the hotel was fully booked and made me chicken soup in the morning for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2013

A friend and I stayed here the two nights before going to Machu Picchu and loved it so much we booked the second two nights after Machu Picchu. The rooms are decorated great and are clean. Hot showers! Plus they put a hot water bottle in our beds each evenings. Breakfast was delicious. Its close enough to the center of town to walk, but far enough away that you dont have to hear a lot of noise. The staff was wonderful! Monica helped us book our entire trip to Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu and made everything super easy!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends